PDA

View Full Version : wirth to coyne racing

trauma1
10-12-06, 03:15 PM
this is why dale is good for champ car , giving another kid a chance

Toyota Atlantic's, German stand out Andreas Wirth will get his "Big Break" by competing in the next round of the Champ Car World Series in Surfers Paradise.

"We have watched Andreas progress all this year and after finishing 3rd in this the most competitive season of all in Atlantic's, it was only natural to give him a chance at Champ Cars," commented Team Owner Dale Coyne. "Our goal in these last few races is to better prepare for 2007 and we would love to work with a driver of Anrdeas's skill in the future."

Andreas brings an impressive list of credentials for his debut in Americas senior open wheel class. The 21-year-old talent from Heidelberg, Germany began his racing career at age 15 in Karting. His early skills quickly moved him up through the German Formula Ford and BMW Championships. His first Championship came in the United States BMW Championship in 2004. From there he moved to the last step on the ladder system finishing 6th in the Atlantic Series in 2005 and 3rd in 2006.

This season in Atlantic highlighted back to back opening round wins at Long Beach and Houston for Andreas. He would go on to have 6 podium finishes and finish third within solid reach of the ultimate $2,000,000 prize eventually won by Simon Pagenaud over Graham Rahal.

"I am very excited and grateful for this opportunity," responded the likeable German. "Australia will be new for me, but I have a good feeling with the car and the team and hope to show well in my rookie debut."

Andreas tested the Dale Coyne car last week at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois. Andreas will be driving the number 19 "Sonny's Bar-B-Q" entry that has performed very well this year in the hands of Cristiano da Matta and Mario Dominguez.

Spicoli
10-12-06, 03:17 PM
You're making this **** up.

cameraman
10-12-06, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Dale Coyne Racing issuing a press release? Who would believe that? :rofl:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10964

Spicoli
10-12-06, 03:22 PM
He's just gearing up to replace that ****stick traitor ******* ***** AJ nutbanger!

:)

Tifosi24
10-12-06, 03:34 PM
Juan Caceres, we hardly knew you :cry: .

Dr. Corkski
10-12-06, 03:38 PM
He's just gearing up to replace that ****stick traitor ******* ***** AJ nutbanger!

:)Juan Caceres to Forsythe. :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

trauma1
10-12-06, 03:46 PM
You're making this **** up.

that will be $20 bucks :rofl:

NismoZ
10-12-06, 05:24 PM
Hey, I was just "testing" Monday at Autobahn myself! Got to run the combined circuit for the first time. Kinda fun. Amazing what some people do to their jillion dollar rides. Saw a Lambo go up in smoke! Great place to evaluate a CC driver.:thumbup:

NismoZ
10-12-06, 05:36 PM
Oh, and Ricky Carmichael to NASCAR, too. Rumor only of course. (MB2 Motorsports, 3 yr. done deal. No CC guys left, I guess.)

theunions
10-12-06, 06:02 PM
Juan was already planning on skipping Surfers in order to maintain his rookie eligibility for next year.

NismoZ
10-12-06, 07:07 PM
The Coyne/Wirth rumor was up 5 days ago. Guess he got one right?

cameraman
10-12-06, 07:53 PM
It was on various forums seven days ago so I am not surprised that it would be on his web page five days ago.:rolleyes:

Anteater
10-12-06, 08:14 PM
"Toyota Atlantic's German stand out Andreas Wirth..."

Note to DCR's PR person: it's the Champ Car Atlantic Series Powered by Mazda!

Anyway, good for Andreas; he's a very talented and personable guy, and I'm glad that DCR is giving him this opportunity.
:thumbup:

Spicoli
10-12-06, 09:12 PM
http://k43.pbase.com/u30/staggerwing/large/18946772.cart3.jpg

:D\

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/PhotoPopup.asp?ID=10782

pchall
10-13-06, 10:28 AM
I just hope Coyne puts Wirth into the #19 for ALL of next season and a couple of more beyond that. More than anything, DCR needs a stable driver situation for at least one of their cars.