PDA

View Full Version : AJ's Agent...

Pages : [1] 2

NismoZ
10-12-06, 09:07 AM
...has decided that a 3-5 year NASCAB deal with lots of Toyota bucks is better than Forsythe's offer to remain in CC. And people STILL wonder who the real enemy is.:shakehead This all according only to a "strong rumor" but I'd have Wirth in at Surfer's so fast, with about a four word announcement, and never look back!

NismoZ
10-12-06, 09:12 AM
...and isn't RHR going 'cabbing with Robby Gordon next season?

pchall
10-12-06, 09:18 AM
...has decided that a 3-5 year NASCAB deal with lots of Toyota bucks is better than Forsythe's offer to remain in CC. And people STILL wonder who the real enemy is.:shakehead This all according only to a "strong rumor" but I'd have Wirth in at Surfer's so fast, with about a four word announcement, and never look back!

NASCAR has been "the enemy" for almost two decades as it has steadily taken the "sport" out of its motorsports product. But I don't think CCWS was in a position to start a two front war in Jan. 2004...

Insomniac
10-12-06, 09:29 AM

I wouldn't do that. If you can't sign him, you can't sign him. There is no need to be vindictive. I hope he's back, but if he doesn't want to be in Champ Car for what they can afford to pay him, not much you can do.

KLang
10-12-06, 09:31 AM
Considering the source of this I think it's too early to worry. If it does turn out to be true I bet that it comes down to GF not putting up with dealing with agents.

trauma1
10-12-06, 10:06 AM
i'm with Lang look at the damn source and his moronic track record, it's all a bunch of BS as of now, there is nothing on this on any nascar site, if it had a hint of truth jayskie would be all over this at espn, but again people take this idiots word as gospel and pay 20 bucks for a cut and paste rag. the only thing he wants is people $$$ and he's probable accomplished his fund raising goal by coming out with this ****, and reading his drivel it's more of RHR got screwed opinion column, but i bet people poned up 20 bucks to read that crap, he's a parasite:flame:

NismoZ
10-12-06, 10:08 AM
I'd do it. Not even a vindictive hint by replacing a noncontracted driver with the team's future. Get an early start. Move on. It's about the team, not AJ...if true. If Toyota is throwing around as much cash as suspected nobody needs to be concerned about this driver's feelings.

NismoZ
10-12-06, 10:31 AM
Still don't understand web surfers upsetting themselves over what is clearly identified as a rumor OR someone trying to create interest with what must be called harmless speculation. To me the story, factual or not, makes perfect sense and I'd hardly be surprised if it was totally true. All the spit and venom smacks of hate and jealousy and if one is certain the source, ANY source, is not reliable then discredit it with information from what you consider a more reliable one. Simple. The citing of a LACK of a source doesn't count in this case.;) ($20, huh? Wouldn't know. It was a Christmas gift... and just paid for itself in entertainment value alone!:p)

trauma1
10-12-06, 10:48 AM
:shakehead he''s got as much crediblity as wilkie and defender, jealousy , i think not, i dispise his marketing scams, he cuts and pastes from pittpass and autosport, and then takes credit for it, and no other reputable racing press is reporting this, in fact markisie has it as rumor, he cannot print it as fact because he has no reputable "source"

Dirty Sanchez
10-12-06, 10:53 AM
that's it. you've convinced me. no more shopping at walgreens! :laugh:

Insomniac
10-12-06, 10:53 AM
I'd do it. Not even a vindictive hint by replacing a noncontracted driver with the team's future. Get an early start. Move on. It's about the team, not AJ...if true. If Toyota is throwing around as much cash as suspected nobody needs to be concerned about this driver's feelings.

AJ is contracted through the end of the year. I'm not concerned about his feelings, it's vindictive. I would hope GF is above that. Also, he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Dumping him would show him where he isn't welcome.

TKGAngel
10-12-06, 10:56 AM
Thanks for posting the info, NismoZ. Can you put in a source next time? My rumor-mongering decoder ring is in the shop. :)

Oh, and if this had any smidgen of truth to it, Jayski would be all over it like Jimmy Spencer on a sammich.

nrc
10-12-06, 10:57 AM
The title of the thread is misleading. AJ's agent hasn't done anything as far as we know.

Spicoli
10-12-06, 10:57 AM
dribers are whores.

Wirth is cool, talked to him at RA for a while. Nice kid. Hope he does well in Surfers.

You REALLY think uncle Gerry's gonna put up with this ****? :shakehead

bye Bye AJ!

trauma1
10-12-06, 11:02 AM
so here's the great insiders rumors how many did he just pull out of his asss:shakehead only mid ohio is a fact and it sure in the hell wasn't a spyplane exclusive when it's a press release form earl

UPDATE 8: Villeneuve to NASCAR reports gain speed

Who was that mystery person?

UPDATE 2: Valencia to get F1 race

Frank Williams prepared to sue

UPDATE 2: Davidson to land Aguri seat

UPDATE: Wheldon still hoping for F1?

UPDATE 4: Chinese driver eyes Champ Car, GP2

UPDATE: Allmendinger to NASCAR

UPDATE: F1 back on Singapore radar

UPDATE: Open Wheel Racing in North America dead ...

UPDATE: IRL to join ALMS at Mid-Ohio

The NASCAR ’best driver’ fallacy

racer2c
10-12-06, 11:06 AM
AJ - "I love Champ Car. It's the only place I want to be!"
Toyota - "Here's some money"
AJ - "Bye Champ Car".

Cya.

Spicoli
10-12-06, 11:19 AM
AJ - "I love Champ Car. It's the only place I want to be!"
Toyota - "Here's some money"
AJ - "Bye Champ Car".

Cya.

X-ackly, if true. ;)

You think maybe we can get them to take Frogger or Blinky instead? :confused:

pferrf1
10-12-06, 11:25 AM

Thats right. We don't need young stars. One of the only real sporting stories CCWS had this year (aside from the fights and KL crash)was AJ. His success finally got the series some attention. But that's Ok. Just let him go. Don't fight to keep him. We'll go with the German kid. He'll get all that mainstream US media excited.

Wally
10-12-06, 11:48 AM
so here's the great insiders rumors how many did he just pull out of his asss:shakehead only mid ohio is a fact and it sure in the hell wasn't a spyplane exclusive when it's a press release form earl

UPDATE 8: Villeneuve to NASCAR reports gain speed

Who was that mystery person?

UPDATE 2: Valencia to get F1 race

Frank Williams prepared to sue

UPDATE 2: Davidson to land Aguri seat

UPDATE: Wheldon still hoping for F1?

UPDATE 4: Chinese driver eyes Champ Car, GP2

UPDATE: Allmendinger to NASCAR

UPDATE: F1 back on Singapore radar

UPDATE: Open Wheel Racing in North America dead ...

UPDATE: IRL to join ALMS at Mid-Ohio

The NASCAR ’best driver’ fallacy

So did you buy the 6 month or 12 month subscription ? .........:laugh:

trauma1
10-12-06, 11:57 AM
So did you buy the 6 month or 12 month subscription ? .........:laugh:

no that's just his free vague rumors on his front page, i wouldn't give the hack penny, notice he's still the only one pushing the JV to nascar , hell according to spyplane every openwheel driver is going to nascar, i'm waiting for the shumi to hendrick rumor from him:rofl: btw alonso is signing with childress

trauma1
10-12-06, 01:38 PM
this is from autosport on silly season for 07 and i tend to agree with his assesment on what Aj and red bull will ultimatly do

from autosport on the 07 silly season read the last paragraph

AJ Allmendinger drives a Toyota Truck in NASCAR © LAT
The other possibility for Allmendinger is to go to one of the NASCAR series. It would make him a rich young man, no question... But frankly, I don't see it. AJ's told me before that the reason he's not been too interested in Formula One is that (a) he simply loves Champ Cars, and (b) he would never want to change series until he'd conquered the one he's in and proven himself the best. Some might say he's already a contender for 'The Best' title, and I wouldn't argue he has the potential. But undisputed Top Cat? Not yet.

Swimming against the speculative rip tide here, but I don't believe that Red Bull are actually all that desperate to get Allmendinger in NASCAR. For one thing, he isn't a big enough star yet to generate a whole load of media fuss about it, because Champ Car simply isn't big enough yet. Consequently, they would look foolish if he was unable to convert his very special ability in a single-seater into a great stock car driving talent.

Also, Red Bull are favourably disposed towards Champ Car: sponsoring a PKV Champ Car and two of Forsythe's Atlantic cars for 2007 are not the actions of a company eager to strip the series of its primary US asset

NismoZ
10-12-06, 01:51 PM
Finally, a little action at oc!:) Yes, KLang, considering the source it's too early to worry but not too early to think about. I'm not worried in any case but I'd be disappointed if it happens.

As far as cut and paste few here complain when the same story from the same source is read at CCWS, SPEEDTV, Autosport etc. Some rants over the years have left people afraid to even say "AR1" for fear of having their own character attacked. They all get it from SOMEplace don't they? And once again this was clearly identified as rumor.

Yes, T-1 it was printed as rumor. So? Maybe it is a completely fabricated story (like TG's merger statements(?) and we sure talked about those! Or your silly examples.) The AJ rumor is one I had thought about long before it was stated on that site. Haven't you? Tell me you'd be surprised if JV ends up racing a 'CAB in Montreal.

Didn't know AJ was contracted 'til the end of season so no, I wouldn't suggest GF break an agreement. My thought was "If you don't want to be here we'll get someone else. Right now!" Wirth is the first guy I thought of, that's all. He's already with the team, he's good and I didn't even consider he was a foreign driver. It would seem an AJ decision to follow Toyo bucks (which I'd guess are more plentiful than INDECK bucks?) would indicate a driver doesn't care if he is welcome or not.

Sorry TKG, I thought EVERYONE would know the source!:D ...and it IS a rumor.

True, the title could have been misleading but I hope even USA Today readers will finish the article beneath the headline. I recall an "All Miners Found Safe" banner above an article that quoted the state governor, of all sources, but way down in the story there was a statement of doubt still existing. Only one survived, remember? I don't think this one is quite so serious.

trauma1
10-12-06, 02:01 PM
NismoZ my distaste for him is that he uses these"rumor" to raise money, and personally when people lie and make up BS to rip off people i have little use for them, it's the misrepresentation and streatching of the truth he uses to suck people in to buy his rag i have a problem with and claiming to be a racing journalist :shakehead

Tifosi24
10-12-06, 02:23 PM
NismoZ my distaste for him is that he uses these"rumor" to raise money, and personally when people lie and make up BS to rip off people i have little use for them, it's the misrepresentation and streatching of the truth he uses to suck people in to buy his rag i have a problem with and claiming to be a racing journalist :shakehead

Then you must not follow much media or vote, because those two segments of the economy have the market on misrepresentation cornered. MarkC is a fool, but what he does is not all that much different than what a lot of "real" newspapers do. In the end, people pay for what he calls news just like people buy tabloids and seem to think is news.

trauma1
10-12-06, 02:31 PM
i agree with that it is the national enquirer of the racing info, however what is worse is that he goes on other forums also to drum up buisness and will accuse people of ripping off his stories when he steals them form autosport and other sites,he wants people to credit him with his scoops when he actually stole them form other sites, i get the same crap he charges for free if you go to autosport, pitpass, grand prix and f1 live, maybe the people he sucks in are just to lazy to look for reputable news

Spicoli
10-12-06, 02:34 PM
Cavin sucks the worser.

Neither side will talk to him now. :laugh:

Chiphead_Dave
10-12-06, 02:38 PM
people buy tabloids and seem to think is news.

Best damn investigative reporting on the
planet. But hey, go ahead, read the New
York Times if you want. They get lucky
sometimes.

Agent K (Men in black)

Dr. Corkski
10-12-06, 02:41 PM
You guys suck at meltdowns. :tony:

trauma1
10-12-06, 02:51 PM
who sucks worser cavin, spyplane ,Cortes or phillips or are they the same person

Easy
10-12-06, 02:52 PM
The fantasy island meltdown is far superior. They want Nelsonmania to replace Allmendinger. :rofl:

Twisty Bits
10-12-06, 02:59 PM
I heard AJ was pregnant.:D

cameraman
10-12-06, 03:17 PM
The fantasy island meltdown is far superior. They want Nelsonmania to replace Allmendinger. :rofl:

It is amazing how a stupid rumor posted by a twit looking for more hits on his innerweb site gets these "fans" to switch from undying love to bitter hatred in all of 2 nanoseconds. :shakehead

Spicoli
10-12-06, 03:19 PM

Leave my nelson ALONE! :flame:

:p

Easy
10-12-06, 04:22 PM

:laugh:

JoeBob
10-12-06, 04:57 PM
On multiple occasions, Mark has stolen my posts, word for word, and used them as rumor, speculation, or updates.

That tells me he's worthless.

trauma1
10-12-06, 05:02 PM
now he allowing some nut to claim in his forum a CC driver is going to get outed as gay, how low can spyplane go. he's down to wilkie and defender status:flame:

RHR_Fan
10-12-06, 05:35 PM

I think you and Mary (his g/f) will have some fightin' words. ;)

Can someone please pm me this whole story with AJ and rumours and bad-mouthing? I'm so confused. :confused:

~Nicole

theunions
10-12-06, 06:03 PM
now he allowing some nut to claim in his forum a CC driver is going to get outed as gay, how low can spyplane go. he's down to wilkie and defender status:flame:

Techinically it's not "his" forum - shared by motorsport.com and I believe a few others.

Racing Truth
10-12-06, 08:06 PM
Thats right. We don't need young stars. One of the only real sporting stories CCWS had this year (aside from the fights and KL crash)was AJ. His success finally got the series some attention. But that's Ok. Just let him go. Don't fight to keep him. We'll go with the German kid. He'll get all that mainstream US media excited.

Well, this is NOT the fault of the current ownership. IF NASCAR wants him bad enough, they just might get him. That's the depressing reality of American motorsports. Not much, in that case, KK & GF can do.

That said, people are taking this, seemingly, in stride. They should not. If AJ goes, we're left with... a deteriorating-in-skill PT, a thoroughly unlikable champ (SB), and, uhhhhhh, oh wait, NELSONMANIA!:tony: Why should I worry?

After all, we've got a high-profile 'Murrican coming. Oh sure, he's only going to be 18, and if his father's an indication, turn out to be 7/8 intravert and 1/8 douche, but hey, I'm sure everyone will take to him!:tony:

All of this said, NismoZ, seriously, Marxie is a tool. Don't trust him. Unfortunately, RM on Windbag seemed to think 'Dinger is gone too.

theunions
10-12-06, 09:15 PM
After all, we've got a high-profile 'Murrican coming. Oh sure, he's only going to be 18, and if his father's an indication, turn out to be 7/8 intravert and 1/8 douche, but hey, I'm sure everyone will take to him!:tony:

Well, there's always Alex Figge. :\

Sean O'Gorman
10-12-06, 10:15 PM
It'll be interesting to see if A.J. can be competitive against 42 other drivers instead of just 16 next year.

racer2c
10-12-06, 10:49 PM
It'll be interesting to see if A.J. can be competitive against 42 other drivers instead of just 16 next year.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if his car is competitive.

Spicoli
10-13-06, 04:12 AM

:D

sometimes i ... oh nevermind.:laugh:

trauma1
10-13-06, 08:47 AM
on spyplanes wild ass rumor, he's saying now also awesomeo bill elliot is also in line for the ride, now Bill was one of the 1st drivers to go over to yoda to help them develope the car, 2nd he's already got the name, and being nascars most popular drivers for decades he's going to bring in more sponsorship money than AJ, i see aj jumping ship in a year or 2, bill wil probably sign for 1 to 2 years with aj doing truck and busch races on the side until elliot says he's done this is stiil nascar and elliot would bring more to the table initially than AJ, yoda still needs to sign a driver to make them look legit, so far mickey and davis and thier persent drivers don't really give yoda much bang right now they need more than Jarrett,

Easy
10-13-06, 10:04 AM
on spyplanes wild ass rumor, he's saying now also awesomeo bill elliot is also in line for the ride, now Bill was one of the 1st drivers to go over to yoda to help them develope the car, 2nd he's already got the name, and being nascars most popular drivers for decades he's going to bring in more sponsorship money than AJ, i see aj jumping ship in a year or 2, bill wil probably sign for 1 to 2 years with aj doing truck and busch races on the side until elliot says he's done this is stiil nascar and elliot would bring more to the table initially than AJ, yoda still needs to sign a driver to make them look legit, so far mickey and davis and thier persent drivers don't really give yoda much bang right now they need more than Jarrett,

Awesome Bill has been on board to help launch team Red Bull almost from the beginning. Silly Pony needs to up his meds.

Easy
10-13-06, 10:08 AM
Cavin sucks the worser.

Neither side will talk to him now. :laugh:

If you work for any newspaper above the level of "Cornhole Village Gazette" and you can't the IRL or Champ Car to talk to you, it may be time for career re-evaluation.

Spicoli
10-13-06, 10:20 AM
If you work for any newspaper above the level of "Cornhole Village Gazette" and you can't the IRL or Champ Car to talk to you, it may be time for career re-evaluation.

word i heard in town is that he peed of Ftony and Fred by mouthing off about the mergerfication in june. some might say he killed the merger:saywhat:

he still chugs the gomer-ade.:gomer:

trauma1
10-13-06, 11:04 AM
Awesome Bill has been on board to help launch team Red Bull almost from the beginning. Silly Pony needs to up his meds.

and that's why imo he'll get the seat because he's already running with red bull

Sean O'Gorman
10-13-06, 01:12 PM
I was just thinking about this this morning, but does anyone remember a broadcast of the CART Stars of Tomorrow karting event from back in 2001. They profiled the rivalry between Scott Speed and A.J. Allmendinger, and I remember how Speed said his career goal was F1, while A.J. said he wanted to go to NASCAR. I remember how unusual that seemed, especially for a shifter kart driver who moved on to BDPS, Atlantics, etc.

If A.J. is going to NASCAR I don't see it as selling out.

formulaben
10-13-06, 01:27 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33314/ (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33314/)

G.
10-13-06, 01:28 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33314/ (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33314/)

nothing there...

cameraman
10-13-06, 01:42 PM
Somebody break an embargo? What's up with the blank page?

The Doctor
10-13-06, 02:19 PM
Somebody break an embargo? What's up with the blank page?

Apparently it contained a quote from Forsythe saying he'd accepted that AJ wouldn't be back and would be in NASCAR next year. But it got yanked as quickly as it got put up.

Gnam
10-13-06, 02:25 PM
This was reportedly the article's title:

Forsythe: "I've Accepted A.J. Won't Race for Us in '07"
Allmendinger poised to leave Champ Car for NASCAR ride with Red Bull Toyota team

formulaben
10-13-06, 02:27 PM
Apparently it contained a quote from Forsythe saying he'd accepted that AJ wouldn't be back and would be in NASCAR next year. But it got yanked as quickly as it got put up.

WOW, you got that right. I guess I was lucky to browse it for the entire 10 seconds it was there...

trauma1
10-13-06, 02:31 PM
if true f yoda and red bull, but this is yoda yen all the way, i thought aj had more class than this, gf bailed him out and this is how he repays him,

jonovision_man
10-13-06, 02:35 PM
If he was still at Russo putting in pretty ok performances, I wouldn't miss him much, other than to satisfy the need for American content in the series.

But after seeing what he's truly capable of at Forsythe, it burns my butt to see the kid bail for NASCAR. :shakehead He had the talent, might have been good enough for F1 even, but isn't sticking around to get his shot? :thumdown:

jono

G.
10-13-06, 02:40 PM
All right. Can we PLEASE have a PROPER meltdown here?

I'm sick of getting our azzes kicked by the TF gomers. THEY know how to meltdown.

;)

AJ leaving is teh sux.:flame:

Easy
10-13-06, 03:02 PM
FAJA:flame: :flame:

FTRB
FTRD
FNSA
FRP

I hope Dan Clarke, Nelsonmania and Kat get to share the 7 next year. They could all win in that car easily. AJ sucks it was the team not his half assed talent. He's a gomer, NASCAB and the IRK suck, Champ Car is the best ever, drivers should worry about racing REAL cars not about making money, Its not like its their JOB or anything. I never liked him anyway.

Meltdown begun.:rofl:

spinner26
10-13-06, 03:14 PM
Why was there no FJV when Snake considered NASCAR? :confused:

Why was there no FMP when Papis considered NASCAR? :confused:

Why was there no FPT when paul considered NASCAR?:confused:

So why is there FAJ b/c he is considering NASCAR?:shakehead

Dr. Corkski
10-13-06, 03:17 PM
Why was there no FJV when Snake considered NASCAR?

Why was there no FMP when Papis considered NASCAR?

Why was there no FPT when paul considered NASCAR?

So why is there FAJ b/c he is considering NASCAR?You suck at meltdowns. :cry: :laugh:

trauma1
10-13-06, 03:23 PM

it;' because he taking yen, papis didn't go to earl just didn't have a ride, jv left for f1 and never ran down CC, pt is just racing nascar on the side, aj mislead the public and fans, but aj is going to have a rough start with a team with no owner points, they have to qualify for every race, he has vickers as a team mate, frankly red bull and yoda f ed the driver selection up by taking aj and vickers on the same team,

jonovision_man
10-13-06, 03:25 PM

It's more like WTFAJ. :D

jono

G.
10-13-06, 03:25 PM
You suck at meltdowns. :cry: :laugh:

:rofl: :laugh:

Spicoli
10-13-06, 03:39 PM
I suggest everyone have a beer and stfu.

nrc
10-13-06, 03:54 PM
I blame this guy ->:tony:

Twisty Bits
10-13-06, 03:55 PM
I suggest everyone have a beer and stfu.

OK

Tifosi24
10-13-06, 03:58 PM
aj is going to have a rough start with a team with no owner points, they have to qualify for every race, he has vickers as a team mate, frankly red bull and yoda f ed the driver selection up by taking aj and vickers on the same team,

How did they screw up their driver's line-up? Brian Roastbeef isn't a terrible talent and I am confident that AJ can qualify for races. Remember that Torro Rosso is in the business of selling energy drinks, and I have a feeling that Bill Elliot isn't exactly going to cater to the demographic they are looking for.

That out of the way, it is a blow if AJ is in fact leaving, although I am never one to fault someone for paying the bills. If KK and the like can spend millions of dollars helping teams out, it seems strange that they wouldn't have tried to help a brother out a little bit. I didn't see the program O'Gorman is referring to, but if what AJ said is true then he is reaching his final destination.

Spicoli
10-13-06, 04:05 PM
How did they screw up their driver's line-up? Brian Roastbeef isn't a terrible talent and I am confident that AJ can qualify for races. Remember that Torro Rosso is in the business of selling energy drinks, and I have a feeling that Bill Elliot isn't exactly going to cater to the demographic they are looking for.

That out of the way, it is a blow if AJ is in fact leaving, although I am never one to fault someone for paying the bills. If KK and the like can spend millions of dollars helping teams out, it seems strange that they wouldn't have tried to help a brother out a little bit. I didn't see the program O'Gorman is referring to, but if what AJ said is true then he is reaching his final destination.

IF this pans out as true, it really does suck for CCWS, but then again, what can they do?

I suppose that Gf has tried his best, but to no avail. And I guess that AJA has thought hard about this, although I'm not sure I would have come up woth a different result.

yoda money is hard to beat, but when you dance with the devil, he eventually wants a ******* or something like that....

Playing Santa here - what do you think he is/was offered by Yoda? And what do you think he was offered by GF? just WAG's are ok too..:D

trauma1
10-13-06, 04:09 PM
1st off jerry offered AJ a 5 year contract at road america and i'm sure it wasn't for peanuts, 2nd vickers sucks, and aj lately mislead everyone including GF, got little use when they get bribed with the YEN, the team has no owner points 2 unproven nascar drivers a new car, yep i see a real succesful year for aj and vickers alot of DNF"S:shakehead kind of reminda me of carps choice a coupole of years ago GF offers a new contract and carps dropps off the divers map, and RB will pull the plug fast also if the team sucks

grungex
10-13-06, 04:12 PM
If it does turn out to be true I bet that it comes down to GF not putting up with dealing with agents.
Dubious guess at best. PT has an agent, GF seems to deal with him just fine. The difference is, PT's agent doesn't work on commission, so there's no conflict of interest financially.

Dr. Corkski
10-13-06, 04:17 PM
1st off jerry offered AJ a 5 year contract at road america and i'm sure it wasn't for peanuts, 2nd vickers sucks, and aj lately mislead everyone including GF, got little use when they get bribed with the YEN, the team has no owner points 2 unproven nascar drivers a new car, yep i see a real succesful year for aj and vickers alot of DNF"S:shakehead kind of reminda me of carps choice a coupole of years ago GF offers a new contract and carps dropps off the divers map, and RB will pull the plug fast also if the team sucksAwesome. This is how a meltdown is done. :rofl:

extramundane
10-13-06, 04:29 PM
Awesome. This is how a meltdown is done. :rofl:

Not enough commas.

Accipiter
10-13-06, 04:38 PM
Found the full quote posted on another board:

"After talking with his agents and listening to their demands, my feeling is that we won't get him," said Forsythe, who hired Allmendinger after firing Mario Dominguez five races into this season.

"They want three million dollars a year plus prize money and that's just not realistic. I want A.J. and Champ Car wants A.J. but not at that price.

"I've accepted the fact that A.J,.won';t be driving for us next year."

trauma1
10-13-06, 04:52 PM
3 mil a year, wtf does he think he is

Easy
10-13-06, 04:57 PM
Are we mad at Gerry because he won't pay AJ what he wants or do we get mad at AJ for taking the higher paying job?

Signed,
Confused in Chicago

btw, has anyone checked to see if fantasy island is still afloat?

Easy
10-13-06, 04:59 PM
3 mil a year, wtf does he think he is

I withdraw my question.

Dr. Corkski
10-13-06, 05:09 PM
And how much is Gesus Forsythe paying Pope Tracy to suck for the next 5 years? :rofl: :laugh:

trauma1
10-13-06, 05:15 PM
probably about the same in the 2 to 3 mil range, however AJ might want to google this name Casey Atwood, and ask C fittipaldi how his nascar career is going along with Jourdain

Easy
10-13-06, 05:15 PM
And how much is Gesus Forsythe paying Pope Tracy to suck for the next 5 years? :rofl: :laugh:

Maybe he can pay AJ to teach Paul how to drive a stock car.:rofl:

extramundane
10-13-06, 06:01 PM
probably about the same in the 2 to 3 mil range, however AJ might want to google this name Casey Atwood, and ask C fittipaldi how his nascar career is going along with Jourdain

The difference being that Atwood, Fittipaldi & Jourdain weren't being offered the scratch that AJ apparently is. And when AJ fails to make 3 straight races and gets replaced by some 46-year old former Busch Series runner-up next August, he'll still have made more than Forsythe could/would pay him.

Not what I'd like to see, but I can hardly blame him.

racer2c
10-13-06, 06:29 PM

I can link my "fu's" is you'd like.

TravelGal
10-13-06, 08:02 PM
As far as Snake and paul, they considered adding some NASCAR not leaving CCWS. I never faulted them for that. On a Friday, my memory does not go back far enough to remember Pupo and Fernandy. AJ is said to be bolting completely. Big difference.

As to the topic of the thread, I thought it was ominous when AJ sent Gerry to the agent. You know AJ was trying to gouge at that point. Let the agent see how much he can get. Shows how much AJ loves Champ Car, eh? :rolleyes:

jonovision_man
10-13-06, 09:13 PM
Are we mad at Gerry because he won't pay AJ what he wants or do we get mad at AJ for taking the higher paying job?

Signed,
Confused in Chicago

I'm mad because US OW is in the crapper to such a degree that a top ChampCar team can't justify paying AJ what he wants. $3M/year isn't huge compared to the NASCARs and F1s of the world... but it's not realistic for US OW these days. That's unfortunate.

jono

NismoZ
10-14-06, 10:08 AM
"These days" is right. King Carl was paying an Andretti 3 mil a LOOOONG time ago. What'd that be worth today!?:eek:

Racing Truth
10-14-06, 12:43 PM
As far as Snake and paul, they considered adding some NASCAR not leaving CCWS. I never faulted them for that. On a Friday, my memory does not go back far enough to remember Pupo and Fernandy. AJ is said to be bolting completely. Big difference.

As to the topic of the thread, I thought it was ominous when AJ sent Gerry to the agent. You know AJ was trying to gouge at that point. Let the agent see how much he can get. Shows how much AJ loves Champ Car, eh? :rolleyes:

OK, true, but if we're AJ, do we do otherwise? So he doesn't "love" CC. Well, if he goes Cup, he can A) get paid and B) not drive in utter obscurity. Spic's right: Not KK or GF's fault, but really, at his age, is this really a tough call?

TravelGal
10-14-06, 12:55 PM
OK, true, but if we're AJ, do we do otherwise? So he doesn't "love" CC. Well, if he goes Cup, he can A) get paid and B) not drive in utter obscurity. Spic's right: Not KK or GF's fault, but really, at his age, is this really a tough call?

I agree. I my only point was that all the "I'm Champ Car through and through" was a bunch of **** . It's like giving a coach a vote of confidence before you show him the door. Pretty hollow. I guess my opinion is clouded because I'm not an AJ fan and never have been.

OTOH, you DIDN'T see paul or snake leave, did you? I know, I know, they had already made their bones and AJ hasn't. That's why he's jumping on this opportunity. Do I blame him? Not really. But that's because, will I miss him? Not really. There's no doubt he made the last few races more exciting but somehow, overall, if he leaves........buh bye.

coolhand
10-14-06, 02:34 PM

:laugh:

oddlycalm
10-14-06, 02:49 PM
I blame this guy ->:tony: Agreed. Two limp along race series neither of which can afford to sign top driving talent or put together credible race schedules. That bobble head TG doesn't see that the window is closing.

oc

mueber
10-14-06, 02:53 PM
No one in the Champ Car environment is worth 3 million a year, not AJ, Not Paul, not Sebastian, not anyone.

I’m sure, if they tried, Gerry and Kevin could fill half the field with decent American drivers for 3 million a year, and that’s what they should do. But they shouldn’t expect them to stay if more money is available elsewhere. By now you should all realize that there are no “heroes” in auto racing, just opportunists.

That's why I go to the races for the races, not for the drivers.

jonovision_man
10-14-06, 03:20 PM
No one in the Champ Car environment is worth 3 million a year, not AJ, Not Paul, not Sebastian, not anyone.

I’m sure, if they tried, Gerry and Kevin could fill half the field with decent American drivers for 3 million a year, and that’s what they should do. But they shouldn’t expect them to stay if more money is available elsewhere. By now you should all realize that there are no “heroes” in auto racing, just opportunists.

That's why I go to the races for the races, not for the drivers.

Opportunist? :rolleyes:

Don't blame the driver, blame the "Champ Car environment" that is sponsor-poor and the series that has been on life support for years now.

If the teams were attracting the sponsors they once did, $3M would be entirely reasonable. If the series wasn't still in the red the prize pool could help compensate the drivers. Until you elevate the series' popularity and TV ratings, the money isn't going to be there to retain the best talent... not when the competition is NASCAR.

It sucks to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving. This is his career. I just wish he'd tried to go the F1 route instead of the NASCAR route.

jono

nrc
10-14-06, 03:35 PM
It sucks to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving. This is his career. I just wish he'd tried to go the F1 route instead of the NASCAR route.

jono

First of all, until a deal is announced this is just all the players doing their best to apply every bit of leverage that they have. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but we went through this same discussion about Tracy last year.

I can't blame A.J. for wanting to be paid what he's worth. I'll just be disappointted that he could leave behind the "a wanna be a Champ car driver" rhetoric so quickly. But then his expenses have increased since then. :)

http://www.lynnekush.com/gallery/aus/06.jpg

mueber
10-14-06, 05:57 PM
I'll just be disappointted that he could leave behind the "a wanna be a Champ car driver" rhetoric so quickly. But then his expenses have increased since then. :)

http://www.lynnekush.com/gallery/aus/06.jpg

That's where the opportunist part comes in. I am no longer surprised at the ability of my "heroes" in motor sport to say one thing and do another as soon as someone new ponies up some money. Sure, it's a generalization, but it's stunning how often it applies.

That's why I'm not surprised, disappointed or chagrined at the possibility that A.J. will go for the money in spite what he has said before ; almost everyone else does.

Now, if, later, he says, “I’ve thought better of it.” I’ll applaud him for that. We’ll see.

Sean O'Gorman
10-14-06, 06:03 PM
Why does everyone assume that A.J. wont enjoy NASCAR?

Spicoli
10-14-06, 06:09 PM
Why does everyone assume that A.J. wont enjoy NASCAR?

Because NASCAR sucks.:gomer:

NismoZ
10-14-06, 08:04 PM
Yeah...that great big sucking sound you hear is the NASCAB vacuum cleaner sucking up money and people. It SUCKS all right. BUT...guess what? WE DON'T CARE (anymore) because we have Cosworth, Cooper Atlantics, Panoz' DP01, Paul Freekin' Tracy (for 5 more mother lovin' years) King Carl, PLN and a bunch of Holes In The Wall, that bald-headed PG in bed with a gang of Mexicans swimming in oil ) ROAD FRACKING AMERICA!!!, REAL sportscars on the same damn day!, (they do too, but screw 'em.) red sidewall tires (far more sophisticated than just letting the air out), dare I say "paddle shifters and on-board starters"?, even push-to-keep-from-being-passed, TURBOS!, railroad tracks, the GOOD Canadians, KK, Jon Beekhius, KATE, the Wing Rider, SURFERS!!! (did you hear, they're going to KILL F-1 in attendance this year!?:cool: ), the Peraltada, The Kink (oh my), FROGGIE! (I don't care what ANY of you say, he is one of the best damn drivers in the WORLD, and probably the next to go to CABS:yuck:), Bridgestone Presents, Ford (if they don't turn turtle...dump 'CABS and go CC BIG, guys (Robby Gordon and RHR to CC:rofl: ) ...c'mon people. it's almost Thanksgiving!

Spicoli
10-15-06, 12:00 AM
Yeah...that great big sucking sound you hear is the NASCAB vacuum cleaner sucking up money and people. It SUCKS all right. BUT...guess what? WE DON'T CARE (anymore) because we have Cosworth, Cooper Atlantics, Panoz' DP01, Paul Freekin' Tracy (for 5 more mother lovin' years) King Carl, PLN and a bunch of Holes In The Wall, that bald-headed PG in bed with a gang of Mexicans swimming in oil ) ROAD FRACKING AMERICA!!!, REAL sportscars on the same damn day!, (they do too, but screw 'em.) red sidewall tires (far more sophisticated than just letting the air out), dare I say "paddle shifters and on-board starters"?, even push-to-keep-from-being-passed, TURBOS!, railroad tracks, the GOOD Canadians, KK, Jon Beekhius, KATE, the Wing Rider, SURFERS!!! (did you hear, they're going to KILL F-1 in attendance this year!?:cool: ), the Peraltada, The Kink (oh my), FROGGIE! (I don't care what ANY of you say, he is one of the best damn drivers in the WORLD, and probably the next to go to CABS:yuck:), Bridgestone Presents, Ford (if they don't turn turtle...dump 'CABS and go CC BIG, guys (Robby Gordon and RHR to CC:rofl: ) ...c'mon people. it's almost Thanksgiving!

:rofl:

check your pm's beetcgh.

chop456
10-15-06, 08:52 AM
"If you want loyalty, buy a dog."

If you know, then you know. :thumbup:

JT265
10-15-06, 08:53 AM
"If you want loyalty, buy a dog."

If you know, then you know. :thumbup:

I know. Ya know? :thumbup:

Racing Truth
10-15-06, 12:11 PM

Effing brilliant! :laugh: