PDA

View Full Version : Katie Couric

Spicoli
10-11-06, 06:46 PM
http://www.davidstuff.com/opinion/tu-couric.jpg

I tried to watch that idiot on the news tonight. Who the F is watching this dum*****? i hear the ratings are in the crapper anyway....

Do you, or anyone you know, watch this trainwreck?:saywhat:

spinner26
10-11-06, 06:53 PM
Network news to me is like the IRL, I try to avoid it at all cost.

JoeBob
10-11-06, 07:02 PM
If you want to see a trainwreck, try watching Soledad O'Brien in the morning on CNN. I still haven't figured out how she got into Harvard.

Don Quixote
10-11-06, 07:17 PM
The evening news is great if you want to sit through 1 hour to get 4 minutes of news. I get all my news at this site.

Spicoli
10-11-06, 07:25 PM
The evening news is great if you want to sit through 1 hour to get 4 minutes of news. I get all my news at this site.

:rofl:

I also found a Katie hate site. :D

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/katiecourichaters/

Sean O'Gorman
10-11-06, 07:29 PM
I used to hate watching the news because of how fake it is, and then I realized I realized if it wasn't around, how else would I get to see gems like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-rcMDJfYU

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/chien-opie-anthony-video.jpg

eiregosod
10-11-06, 07:56 PM
Katie Couric is being groomed to replace Barbara Bush as the "Mother of the Nation"

hello hard news stories regarding kittens and other fluffy animals.

:D

Cam
10-11-06, 08:22 PM
Katie Couric is being groomed to replace Barbara Bush as the "Mother of the Nation"

hello hard news stories regarding kittens and other fluffy animals.

:D

You mean Babwa Wawa! ;) :gomer:

dando
10-11-06, 09:36 PM
Watched her first newscast, and won't watch it again. Yes, her rating are down >50% since the first show. If I watch any network news, it's generally NBC, which has the best reporting staff of the major networks, IMHO. YMMV.

-Kevin

racer2c
10-11-06, 09:41 PM
Couric represents all that is mediocre in America.

G.
10-12-06, 12:09 AM
TV news is not news. It's entertainment. And it don't entertain me. At all.

Very few exceptions.

RHR_Fan
10-12-06, 12:11 AM
I happen to think NBC Nightly news is pretty good. They do have their human interest stories (ie "making a difference"), but for the most part it's all news.

~Nicole

coolhand
10-12-06, 02:16 AM
I don't know why anyone waits to 6 in the evening to watch the news when you can get it on the web anytime.

chop456
10-12-06, 02:48 AM
Have any of you people heard of Jim Lehrer?

Sheesh. :D

Warlock!
10-12-06, 08:55 AM
I'd hit it. I ain't proud...

KLang
10-12-06, 09:38 AM
If you want to see a trainwreck, try watching Soledad O'Brien in the morning on CNN.

I don't think she is THAT bad but it is tough watching her try to do hard news. I really wish they would have given Heidi Collins that position when they shifted Zahn to the evening.

Network news? Cannot remember the last time I watched it.

Joelski
10-12-06, 09:51 AM

She didn't beg the endoscopist to stop. :)

Wheel-Nut
10-12-06, 10:15 AM
I used to hate watching the news because of how fake it is, and then I realized I realized if it wasn't around, how else would I get to see gems like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-rcMDJfYU

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/chien-opie-anthony-video.jpg

Sean, are you AJ1964 on youtube? That user has some good videos.

eiregosod
10-12-06, 11:18 AM

maybe 12 years ago when the hemlines were a little higher ;)

Ankf00
10-12-06, 11:23 AM
high school...

http://www.aquilaarts.com/katiecouriccheer.jpg

trauma1
10-12-06, 12:38 PM
Nancy Grace is any: one more annoying:thumdown:

eiregosod
10-12-06, 01:51 PM
If you want to see a trainwreck, try watching Soledad O'Brien in the morning on CNN. I still haven't figured out how she got into Harvard.

secret handshake.

Methanolandbrats
10-12-06, 05:26 PM
Jim Lehrer? :saywhat:

Gangrel
10-12-06, 05:36 PM

Soledad and Miles? HA! Try Tony Harris and Michelle Nguyen on CNN weekend mornings! Or, if you are in Chicago, the former duo of Bob Sirot and Maryanne Merciano! Some of the most painful, eye-searing, just shoot me in the head and get it over with "news" broadcasting I have ever seen!

Gangrel
10-12-06, 05:42 PM
There, there's the always CNN's brainy Fredricka Whitfield...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0609/30/cnr.01.html

FREDRICKA WHITFIELD, CNN ANCHOR: All right. Here's a little trivia question for you. What is faster than the speed of light, travels about 18 inches from an aircraft and is breaking ground in so many other ways? NGUYEN: You got me. I don't know.

SANCHEZ: Sound like an aerial ...

(CROSSTALK)

WHITFIELD: Not even close. OK. It's a U.S. Air Force Thunderbird fighter jet piloted by a woman.

NGUYEN: That was my number two answer.

WHITFIELD: Oh, yes, I thought it would be, tricky question this morning. Major Michouski (ph) is a woman who is piloting this Thunderbird jet. She's the only one doing it. She is a real hotshot and our Alex Quade spent the day with her and goes along for the ride and she takes us for a ride as well. We'll find out all about her, what makes her such a special top gun besides the fact that she is a woman.

And then here's another question for you. How many excuses do you make on saving money or how you spend it?

Someone want to break it to Fredricka that breaking the sound barrier is traveling faster than the speed of SOUND, not the speed of LIGHT? :rofl:

TrueBrit
10-12-06, 06:36 PM
The only news show I watch is Countdown with Keith Olbermann....the rest is just so much fluff and hairspray...

eiregosod
10-12-06, 06:47 PM
The only news show I watch is Countdown with Keith Olbermann....the rest is just so much fluff and hairspray...

seen it once or twice, 'tis funny :rofl:

Lizzerd
10-12-06, 06:59 PM

I'd figure as much, coming from you. :D

WickerBill
10-12-06, 07:52 PM
KO is the single most self-absorbed person on television. And that is saying a LOT. His smarminess is unbearable, which is why three times as many people watch C-SPAN reruns than watch him.

Cam
10-12-06, 08:30 PM
My fave news head made a guest appearance tonight. I have always loved Brokaws dry sense of humor. :)

TrueBrit
10-12-06, 11:40 PM
I'd figure as much, coming from you. :D

:rofl: :thumbup:

coolhand
10-12-06, 11:41 PM

Consider yourself part of the select group who does.

coolhand
10-12-06, 11:42 PM
KO is the single most self-absorbed person on television. And that is saying a LOT. His smarminess is unbearable, which is why three times as many people watch C-SPAN reruns than watch him.

The ratings concur with your accessment. The entire of MSNBC has no ratings.

TrueBrit
10-12-06, 11:44 PM

Wow, obviously hit a raw nerve....On a self-absorption scale I can think of a bunch of folks that score way higher on that particular merit and they all seem to work for the same "news" network....

Might want to re-check your ratings assertion as well...;)

TrueBrit
10-12-06, 11:47 PM
The ratings concur with your accessment. The entire of MSNBC has no ratings.

Yup, his show was up something like 69% in the last month....whilst another "news" network has been steadily declining in the same time slot...

Spicoli
10-13-06, 07:23 AM

:laugh:

so that's your prollem.:tony:

eiregosod
10-13-06, 10:52 AM
Yup, his show was up something like 69% in the last month....whilst another "news" network has been steadily declining in the same time slot...

news & tv ratings. infotainment springs to mind.

KLang
10-13-06, 11:17 AM
Yup, his show was up something like 69% in the last month.

Audience jumped from 10 to 17? ;)

trauma1
10-13-06, 11:28 AM
he'll get his ass fired from msnbc also like every where h'es been ,KO's track record for employement isn't to good:shakehead

Ankf00
10-13-06, 11:38 AM
well technically he left ESPN... smart move there :laugh:

Craig Kilborn's a tool.

Dr. Corkski
10-13-06, 11:48 AM
http://newsbusters.org/media/2006-04-04-FOXGeraldo.jpg

trauma1
10-13-06, 12:15 PM
well technically he left ESPN... smart move there :laugh:

Craig Kilborn's a tool.

eh he was fired after he went on kilbourns show on comedy central with out espn pemission, they suspensed him and then he started bad mouthing epsn thus fired, prior to espn it's reported that he was fired from most all of his other jobs when he was in LA, the only reason he's back on radio is that patrick threatened to leave if if wasn't allowed to have Ko on the radio

at ESPN, Olbermann began his career as a local L.A. sportscaster, bouncing from station to station, usually following similar battles with bosses.

"He was often angry about something [during his tenure in L.A.]," Los Angeles Times sportswriter Larry Stewart says. "The question is not why Olbermann got into trouble with ESPN management, but what took him so long? He may never be happy

TrueBrit
10-13-06, 01:21 PM
eh he was fired after he went on kilbourns show on comedy central with out espn pemission, they suspensed him and then he started bad mouthing epsn thus fired, prior to espn it's reported that he was fired from most all of his other jobs when he was in LA, the only reason he's back on radio is that patrick threatened to leave if if wasn't allowed to have Ko on the radio

at ESPN, Olbermann began his career as a local L.A. sportscaster, bouncing from station to station, usually following similar battles with bosses.

"He was often angry about something [during his tenure in L.A.]," Los Angeles Times sportswriter Larry Stewart says. "The question is not why Olbermann got into trouble with ESPN management, but what took him so long? He may never be happy

..and his "firing" had nothing to do with contract re-negotiations at all right?

Riiiiiiight....

coolhand
10-13-06, 02:48 PM

You know that MSNBC also switched to the "live-plus" ratings system in order to make that claim. The other networks don't use the "live-plus" system since advertisers wont accept them. So even with the superflous extra viewers claim and the "focus on 25-40 demo" it still is behind all the other networks

TrueBrit
10-13-06, 03:00 PM
You know that MSNBC also switched to the "live-plus" ratings system in order to make that claim. The other networks don't use the "live-plus" system since advertisers wont accept them. So even with the superflous extra viewers claim and the "focus on 25-40 demo" it still is behind all the other networks

Back on topic.

Katie Couric still sucks.

G.
10-13-06, 03:29 PM
Back on topic.

Katie Couric still sucks.I'd still hit that.

And be proud.

Ankf00
10-13-06, 03:36 PM
I'd still hit that.

And be proud.

high school Couric? fo' sho'

current Couric? well, one could walk around campus blindfolded this weekend and run into hotter :tony:

Spicoli
10-13-06, 03:42 PM
I'd still hit that.

And be proud.

I heard Buddy Rice hit it.:)

G.
10-13-06, 04:04 PM
I heard Buddy Rice hit it.:)If she was a little bit flatter-chested (think: Wall) Ed Carpenter would hit it.

Ank, I prolly got a better chance with Katie, than you do with the campus hotties.;) :p

You gotta play the averages, man.

Spicoli
10-13-06, 04:10 PM
high school Couric? fo' sho'

current Couric? well, one could walk around campus blindfolded this weekend and run into hotter :tony:

dood - you'd hit a blind one legged Phillipino midget if she'd hit back.

:)

skaven
10-13-06, 04:31 PM

:)

Nice.... :rofl:

Spicoli
10-13-06, 04:33 PM
Nice.... :rofl:

thank you.:D

(you know he's easy to pick on)

trauma1
10-13-06, 04:36 PM
..and his "firing" had nothing to do with contract re-negotiations at all right?

Riiiiiiight....

no it didn't it had to do with his going on comedy central unauthorized, and bad mouthing espn and even Ko admits to it, google his firing and you'll find the truth behind it. he's self destucted every where he's been, espn was no exception

emjaya
10-13-06, 04:39 PM
Have any of you people heard of Jim Lehrer?

Sheesh. :D

Yes, but the last 5 mins is very sad to watch.:(

chop456
10-13-06, 04:48 PM
Well, it's not eating contests and puppies stuck in storm drains, but if you want legitimate news, it's pretty much the only source.

G.
10-13-06, 10:55 PM

:)you got a hook up for that? Maybe we need to take this to PM's...

:D ;)

eiregosod
10-15-06, 01:03 PM
speaking of BSNBC/NBC/double-you-NNNNNNNNNNNNNN-BC etc etc..

I do miss "Press the Meet" ever since CNBC was dropped from by cable provider.

Lizzerd
10-17-06, 06:04 PM
Stolen from elsewhere...

COURIC: CBS 'EVENING NEWS' RATINGS DISASTER
Monday, Oct. 16, 2006

NEW YORK CITY
WABC 7.1
WNBC 5.3
WCBS 3.7

LOS ANGELES
KABC 5.9
KNBC 3.1
KCBS 1.5

WASHINGTON, DC
NBC 9.3
ABC 7.8
CBS 2.5

coolhand
10-17-06, 06:09 PM
I'll give her till next summer

Spicoli
10-17-06, 06:18 PM
I'll give her till next summer

How about December 1st.

november = sweeps. :D

:bye - bye:

Don Quixote
10-17-06, 06:21 PM
Stolen from elsewhere...

Ouch. My guess is they will bring in a "co-anchor", so as not to totally lose face.

Gnam
10-17-06, 07:02 PM
Rosie? ;)

http://static.flickr.com/49/124262467_ae302f0f3f.jpg

Tony George
10-17-06, 07:22 PM
Maybe they should hire this guy. Ratings gold??? :cool:

http://www.yikers.com/pictures/1526/yikers_mr_t_cnn1.jpg

Indy
10-18-06, 12:31 AM
Olberman rules. His commentaries lately have been exceptionally good.

Andrew Longman
10-18-06, 08:50 AM
CBS learned nothing from their Schieffer experiment.

He delivered the real news and not much more, in an unbiased way following traditional journalistic standards. He was never the story and he let the story tell itself.

And he added more than a million new viewers and would have continued to as long as they left him there.

As far as KO getting fighting a lot with the management, that's hardly an indictment. Radio and television general managers are among the lowest life forms on the planet. Just look at the crap they insist on putting out.

Spicoli
10-18-06, 10:07 AM
CBS learned nothing from their Schieffer experiment.

He delivered the real news and not much more, in an unbiased way following traditional journalistic standards. He was never the story and he let the story tell itself.

And he added more than a million new viewers and would have continued to as long as they left him there.

As far as KO getting fighting a lot with the management, that's hardly an indictment. Radio and television general managers are among the lowest life forms on the planet. Just look at the crap they insist on putting out.

Yep, I liked the guy. Direct and to the point, no stories about puppies or quadruplets.

You can get news just about anywhere these days, but to have it done in a class delivery, like Scheiffer, made me wanna tune in.

Hope he comes back.