PDA

View Full Version : NHL stuff...Malkin's Calder in jeopardy?

RacinM3
10-09-06, 04:48 PM
It will be if our boy Anze Kopitar has anything to say about it....check out this 19 year-old's first NHL goal (against Chris Pronger(!) and JS Giguere of the Ducks). It was his first goal of two that night, and the next night he had three assists and rang one off the post.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81uXfQCWZA

Night Train
10-09-06, 05:57 PM
That loud crashing sound you hear is the Hurricanes returning to Earth....

TKGAngel
10-09-06, 07:17 PM
That loud crashing sound you hear is the Hurricanes returning to Earth....

That's a mighty big thud. :)

I do have to say that it was pretty classy of the Hurricanes to invite back the players on the Cup-winning team that left for greener pastures back for the banner raising ceremony.

And how bout them Sabres? Three wins, 2 through shootouts. I'm not going to be able to take 79 more games like that.

dando
10-09-06, 10:58 PM
CBJs. Playoffs. 'nuff said. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-09-06, 11:05 PM
CBJs. Playoffs. 'nuff said. :)

-Kevin

the same crap you peddle every year? Think I'll pass :gomer:

dando
10-09-06, 11:19 PM
the same crap you peddle every year? Think I'll pass :gomer:

Hardly. :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-09-06, 11:34 PM
Alexander Semin = on pace for 164 goals.

dando
10-18-06, 03:12 PM
Sabres hammer the Phlyers 9-1, so Booby Clarke puts half the team on waivers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2630827

:laugh: :saywhat:

Plus, Esche got left in for the entire game, apparently a couple of days after calling Hitch an airhead. :saywhat:

In other news, TSN bumps the CBJs up to 13 in their power rankings:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548&hubname=

:thumbup:

-Kevin

trauma1
10-18-06, 03:37 PM
f nhl we had the badgers and soiux vs each other opening night of the WCHA, they split over time win for UND and 1-0 win for wisc, great series

dando
10-18-06, 03:39 PM
We gots Minniesota coming into play the Puckeyes in a couple of weeks. :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-18-06, 03:43 PM
Abso-frickin-lutely amazing game last night between the Flyers and Sabres. Being in the arena, the energy was just intense. The crowd was chanting 'we want 10' for most of the 3rd period. I don't know if the Flyers just gave up, but they could not keep up with the Sabres.

I was really suprised that Esche got left in the whole game. He was pwned by Spacek's slapshot, and Vanek and Afinogenov made him look like an idiot multiple times.

trauma1
10-18-06, 03:49 PM
We gots Minniesota coming into play the Puckeyes in a couple of weeks. :thumbup:

-Kevin

hope the pukeeyes beat the um and folks you haven't seen anything until you see the palace in grand forks best hockey venue built

http://www.theralph.com/new1/images/Arena_Info/images/REA_Sunset1.jpg

Ankf00
10-18-06, 04:06 PM
The Fuhrer Palace

trauma1
10-20-06, 08:05 AM
The Fuhrer Palace

he's dead now, but he did build a castle, now hextalls kid just committed to und also, plus another Zajac, UND is loaded again, but they better win a ncaa championship just getting there isn't going to be accepted with all the talent they have, plus i want to see the ncaaa and miles brand have to hock the trophy over since Brand is insisting on making uND change their name and logo, interesting florida state and the big ncaa schools are getting to keep thier logos and nicknames and Brand is making the lesser schools change thiers, but with the NCaa track record in the courts they will lose this round again

dando
10-20-06, 11:32 AM
now hextalls kid just committed to und

Most excellent! Another Hextall. I miss the old H-E-X-T-A-L-L chant, even the Phlyers fans did that. :D :saywhat:

-Kevin

trauma1
10-20-06, 12:03 PM
kid a forward and tough, another archabald

Updated: Oct. 16, 2006, 2:28 PM ET
Son of NHL's Hextall verbally commits to UNDAssocaited Press

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Brett Hextall, the son of former NHL All-Star goalie Ron Hextall, has told the University of North Dakota he plans to play hockey there.

Hextall, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound forward, leads the Penticton Vees, in first-place in the British Columbia Hockey League, with seven goals and 10 assists in 12 games. He also leads the league in penalty minutes, racking up 71 through 12 games this season.

The rookie, who turns 19 in April, has a family connection to UND. His great uncle, Dennis, played for the Sioux from 1964 to 1966.

Dr. Corkski
10-20-06, 12:14 PM
He will fight in perfectly with the Fighting ****s if Ron passed down his ability to goon it up and lose in the playoffs.

trauma1
10-20-06, 12:52 PM
come on Corski you can say the name SIOUX, it's just miles brand and the ncaa that are trying to ban it, which the ncaa will lose i they let florida state and illinois keep thiers the ncaa has no grounds, but yeah , the hextal kid is suppose to be good, und will lose another 5 or 6 kids again to the nhl this year but the recruiting class for next year is already the best in the nation, unbeilvable that UND can recruit these kids year after year. the oshie and toews kids are unreal , but the coach Dave Hakstol better get a ncaa title because Blaise isn't coaching in columbus anymore

trauma1
10-20-06, 12:53 PM
He will fight in perfectly with the Fighting ****s if Ron passed down his ability to goon it up and lose in the playoffs.

He also leads the league in penalty minutes, racking up 71 through 12 games this season.

dando
10-20-06, 12:56 PM
because Blaise isn't coaching in columbus anymore

Some around here might argue that he never did coach here. :saywhat:

-Kevin

trauma1
10-20-06, 01:37 PM
Some around here might argue that he never did coach here. :saywhat:

-Kevin

well we'll take him back here in uND any day