PDA

View Full Version : The Funniest Thing I've Read In A While

chop456
10-06-06, 07:46 PM
Iggy And The Stooges Rider (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1004061iggypop1.html)

Contains some salty language.

extramundane
10-06-06, 08:13 PM
Beautiful. :rofl:

We talked to Mike Watt at a gig here shortly after his Coachella Stooges debut a couple years ago, and he said that the road crew made Iggy look like a normal, well-adjusted person.

No peanut butter on the rider, though. :thumdown:

WickerBill
10-06-06, 09:39 PM
Good old SM58s... wow... hasn't even moved to the Beta58 yet? Would have assumed everyone'd be on Sennheisers by now.

G.
10-07-06, 11:24 PM
:rofl: :laugh:

oddlycalm
10-08-06, 01:22 PM
Funny stuff, thanks for posting it. I particularly liked the idea for "Dead Dog Island" reality show... WB, I think they use the SM58's because they know they are in most every mike library, they are durable, the swing around nicely from the cord, and that it probably wouldn't sound like Iggy if it was a Sennheiser.;)

BTW, is it me or does Iggy looks like he was embalmed sometime in the late 70's...? :eek: In the late 60's whenever we'd go to the Grande Ballroom we'd inevitably have to listen to an opening set by the MC5 or the Stooges. We thought they sucked because they couldn't play or sing with a damn and the lyrics were juvenile, but now we're told by our kids they were simply ahead of their time and that what we were witnessing was the birth of punk....:\

oc

Opposite Lock
10-08-06, 02:30 PM
WB, I think they use the SM58's because they know they are in most every mike library, they are durable, the swing around nicely from the cord, and that it probably wouldn't sound like Iggy if it was a Sennheiser.;)

I have a circa 1989 SM-58 that survived a fire about 6 years ago. Lost all my other instruments and equipment, but darned if that mic still doesn't sound just fine. A little toasty singe mark on the windscreen from the pleather case it was in during the fire, but otherwise good as new. Shure = :cool: :thumbup:

extramundane
10-08-06, 03:20 PM
WB, I think they use the SM58's because they know they are in most every mike library, they are durable, the swing around nicely from the cord, and that it probably wouldn't sound like Iggy if it was a Sennheiser.;)

Does anyone go to a Stooges show to hear Iggy anyway?

WickerBill
10-09-06, 06:47 AM
Well I inferred from the document that they were *bringing* those mics, not asking for them... so ...

Just interesting to me, that's all!