PDA

View Full Version : ALSO, AJ...

NismoZ
10-06-06, 07:05 PM
supposedly has been offered a 5 yr. deal by Forsythe to remain in ChampCar because he is needed there, but was uncomfortable "negotiating" (at RA without his agent) and declined to make an agreement. Forsythe then said he will talk to the agent in Australia. I THINK that indicates a softening of GF's earlier stance when he announced "I always take care of my drivers," and didn't really want to talk to an agent. Interesting that the newbie is offered the same length of contract as the Old Guy (sorry, can't bring myself to use "FaFu") but an agent with ANY brains would certainly ask for a lot more cash based on past recent performances and future promise. No?

jonovision_man
10-06-06, 07:11 PM
Interesting. I wonder if any long-term contract would have any "out" clauses in the event F1 comes knocking, no matter how remote the possibility.

jono

Insomniac
10-06-06, 09:48 PM
Hope it gets done. Be good for the series.

Cam
10-06-06, 09:54 PM
Forsythe then said he will talk to the agent in Australia.

Before Australia...Gerry doesnt do Surfers.

Kiwifan
10-06-06, 10:00 PM
Why is that Cam, do you know? I was so surprised he wasn't there to see Paul pick up his Championship in Surfers. They said he was back home "on business." :confused:

Rusty.

racer2c
10-06-06, 10:09 PM
Dinger has generated a fair amount of press and he is the lone 'merican so there is a benefit in keeping him. Losing him won't sink the ship but it would reverse the aforementioned positive press, especially if we lost him so quickly after he made some waves. That said, the series isn't based upon AJ and his decisions. And come to think of it, there's been more press talking about AJ going taxi cab racing than of his wins this season.
Verdict = don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Waiting for the Rahool kid.

Cam
10-06-06, 10:27 PM
Why is that Cam, do you know? I was so surprised he wasn't there to see Paul pick up his Championship in Surfers. They said he was back home "on business." :confused:

Rusty.

Gerry doesnt fly further than his corporate jet can do. Continenal US is that limit. Nofly cattleclass.

Spicoli
10-06-06, 10:45 PM
thanks AJ. :rolleyes:

NismoZ
10-06-06, 10:53 PM
True, the story said "talk to the agent BEFORE Surfers", not AT. Huh, neat road trip story I was unaware of. Gotta get a bigger jet, I guess! Fly with his cars on Fed Ex?

coolhand
10-07-06, 12:34 AM
Newman has never gone to surfers either

Kiwifan
10-07-06, 04:02 AM
Don't know what they are missing. :D Seriously.

Rusty.

Um, thanks for that Cam. Going to be up all night watching Bathurst?

Cam
10-07-06, 05:50 AM
Don't know what they are missing. :D Seriously.

Rusty.

Um, thanks for that Cam. Going to be up all night watching Bathurst?

If I can get the webcast to work! ;)

NismoZ
10-07-06, 09:35 AM
How are those 2 guys from that prelim race huge T-bone wreck? Any local press?... Sounded VERY bad. Head and neck issues makes one wonder if HANS was used.:(

Cam
10-07-06, 11:06 AM
How are those 2 guys from that prelim race huge T-bone wreck? Any local press?... Sounded VERY bad. Head and neck issues makes one wonder if HANS was used.:(

Statement from CAMS here (http://www.supercheapauto1000.com/newsresults/071006.htm). I doubt very much that there is a professional motor racing series where HANS is not mandatory.

Joelski
10-07-06, 11:37 AM
Gerry doesnt fly further than his corporate jet can do. Continenal US is that limit. Nofly cattleclass.

I'm thinking it's the two weeks of being away and the customs hassles at fuel stops for privates that makes that trip undesirable. Since Gerry flies his own, and therefore gets to take part in pre-flight plans, I imagine he considers it a waste of his time. BTW, did he upgrade to a G550 when KK did, or is he still tooling around in that low-rent G500? :D

Jayblues
10-08-06, 04:45 PM
If I can get the webcast to work! ;)

where was the webcast at? i know its too late now by i was trying to find live timing, up to dat scoring - anything?!