PDA

View Full Version : Front Row Juan

NismoZ
10-05-06, 08:41 PM
Maybe JV isn't confirmed yet but Juan just stuck it on the front row in Alabama. Only .01 off the pole at 189+. So far so good.:D ...are the Busch cars still faster than 'Cuppers or did they fix that?

nrc
10-05-06, 08:51 PM
ARCA innit?

Looks like Jaun needs to bring his grandma out again...

"Qualifying here makes your life easy," the former Indianapolis 500 champion said. "It makes you look really good, because you were flat (out) the whole time. They told me come out of the pits and just floor it and run as high as you can. And when you've got to start the second lap, just aim at the apron and stay low.

http://sports.myway.com/news/10052006/v7431.html

racer2c
10-05-06, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, to drive a race car fast...floor it. OK. Sounds easy enough. Someone tell Danikle.:)

Methanolandbrats
10-05-06, 09:45 PM
All my media buddies who cover ARCA (American Racing Coroners Association) at superspeedways wish him luck when he starts working his way through traffic. Be careful.

RusH
10-05-06, 11:01 PM
Yeah, that series is scary in that regard.

This should be the biggest race ever for ARCA. And it`s tape delayed:gomer:

Opposite Lock
10-05-06, 11:33 PM
with a tip of the pen to a SteveH post at Yakforum...

4 Juan Montoya/Bogota Colombia Texaco-Havoline Dodge Kerry Scherer

Bogota Bogota Bogota, boys, let's go racin'!!!:tony:

rabbit
10-06-06, 12:11 AM
with a tip of the pen to a SteveH post at Yakforum...

4 Juan Montoya/Bogota Colombia Texaco-Havoline Dodge Kerry Scherer

Bogota Bogota Bogota, boys, let's go racin'!!!:tony:

:rofl:

Wabbit
10-06-06, 10:30 AM
As a former Cart/Indy 550/F-1 champ, wouldn't you expect him to be at the top of the grid? With this experience, I would be laughing if he didn't make the top 5 in such a junior series.

Accipiter
10-06-06, 11:48 AM
That car is likely one of the best two or three in the race. A chimp could have likely put it on the front row.

"He did a great job," said his Chip Ganassi Racing crew chief, Brad Parrott. "He enjoyed it, but we're here for the Daytona 500 2007. What he learned today is a valuable lesson; what he learns tomorrow will be a valuable lesson."

"We're not here to win the race," Parrott added. "[He's learning] how close he can get to the cars and if he can bump-draft. He's going to learn the most staying in the draft. If we're leading the race by ourselves, we're probably going to drop back to get into the draft."

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/nextel/33132/

RacinM3
10-06-06, 12:25 PM
That car is likely one of the best two or three in the race. A chimp could have likely put it on the front row.

Don't be silly. Chimps don't drive.

Elmo T
10-06-06, 03:36 PM
Don't be silly. Chimps don't drive.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/139500/139837CHjG_w.jpg

NismoZ
10-06-06, 11:12 PM
Chimp Ganassi used to.

Accipiter
10-07-06, 12:16 PM
I thought he drove an impressive race. He showed patience, and you could actually see him learning as he ran. Not to mention the great save when he got hit on the right side. He might have had a shot to win if the race hadn't been ended by darkness.