PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Response

pkvracing12
10-05-06, 07:09 PM
Great book! I just got done reading it Couldn't put it down:thumbup:

nissan gtp
10-05-06, 07:59 PM
Great book! I just got done reading it Couldn't put it down:thumbup:

where did you get it? I have a copy on order from Amazon, but if I remember, the ship date is in Nov

pkvracing12
10-05-06, 09:16 PM
I got my at speedtv.com actually my mom got it for my birthday well belated birthday when she heard about it she immediatly got it online before its release date it came on saturday I finished it today! tell what you think.

spinner26
10-06-06, 03:01 PM
Just finished it, WOW!

Foreward by Alex, as usual, powerful. Thanks to Dr. Olvey and all involved in putting the book together.

Some very good pictures as well.

Would recomend for EVERYONE.:thumbup:

JoeBob
10-06-06, 03:57 PM
Yesterday, I ordered a copy from motorbooks.com, they say it will ship within 24 hours. Sign up for their mailing list, and you'll get a discount code for 25% off.

Edit: It looks like speedtv's book store is run by motorbooks. Buy it through speedtv, it is $29.95. Buy it directly from Motorbooks, it is $22.46 (before the discount.)

After the discount (plus tax and shipping), my copy was $25.34.

TravelGal
10-07-06, 05:21 PM
The good news: this reminded me to look for it. The bad news: Amazon says "scheduled to ship on DECEMBER 6" What the *^&^&**(??

Sometimes it's not worth saving the $3. :mad:

jcollins28
10-07-06, 05:40 PM
Can you give us a bit of a spoiler? I heard he discusses Greg's accident and the non affect that his finger had on his accident. What did he say about this?

JohnHKart
10-08-06, 03:01 PM
This is on my must get immediately list. When I look in my closet for books to take on a trip, they are all almost ten years old. Gotta step it up. There's also a new one on Britain's lost trio of superstar drivers that looks good. (Tom Pryce, Tony Brise and Roger Williamson.)

John

theunions
10-08-06, 03:05 PM
There's also a new one on Britain's lost trio of superstar drivers that looks good. (Tom Pryce, Tony Brise and Roger Williamson.)

Can you confirm that The Lost Generation is indeed now shipping?

theunions
10-08-06, 08:21 PM
OK...seeing that amazon.co.uk has both in stock (but the Tremayne book allegedly not available stateside until Feb. 1), I bit the bullet and just ordered both (about $79 total with airmail).

JoeBob
10-11-06, 04:37 PM
My copy of the book arrived today, so if you don't want to have the book shipped from Europe, motorbooks is the way to go.

trauma1
10-11-06, 04:55 PM
joebob good post on elliot at tf, i could go on and on about nascar safety, 1st they are race control and no one goes on the track until they say so, no safety truck no ambulance nothing goes on the track until nascar reace control says so, 2 the drivers want a champ car like safety team nascar says to expensive and that they would have to provide the busch and truck series ones also, and they say the season is to long, 35 races and that medics and firefighters couldn't get that many days off to cover races, by far olvey and Cc are the best i've ever seen, they always teach track crews, it's amazing what you learn when they come to town, hell nascar until a couple of years ago allowed smoking in the pits, until a dimwit fueler made himself into a human fireball in milwaukee a few years ago, lucky people were around to put his ass out

TravelGal
10-12-06, 02:02 PM
I nvever see this mentioned much but a CC friend of mine from Germany told me that the reason Zanardi was taken to the hospital he was (best for that type of trauma) is that before any race, the CC Safety Team doctors survey the hospitals within something like 200 miles to see which is best for which type of injury. The team had been to that hospital and interviewed the doctors a couple of weeks before the race.

It's probably the same reason DaMatta was taken to Theda Clark, which would seem to be a small out of the way place. It was the best for his type of injury and CC Safety Team KNEW THIS IN ADVANCE. :thumbup:

Now, if only my book would arrive. Maybe they cover that in the book. :confused:

spinner26
10-12-06, 02:09 PM
Now, if only my book would arrive. Maybe they cover that in the book. :confused:

Your absolutly correct.;) Patience I say, patience.:)

theunions
10-13-06, 02:53 AM
Speaking of rapid response...my books arrived an entire continent away from the UK today, 4 days after ordering (would've been 3 if someone had been home to sign for it yesterday...sent via DHL express even though I paid for standard shipping. :thumbup: