PDA

View Full Version : Indy area residents ... heads up!

Ed_Severson
10-05-06, 01:05 AM
You guys might remember that last year at the end of September, IUPUI held a Motorsports Day on their campus. This Friday, October 6th, is the 2nd annual Motorsports Day, so clear your calendar and come out to join us if you can!

Champ Car will have a big presence there, including ...

Katherine Legge
Scot Elkins, Director of Technology, Champ Car World Series
Vicki O'Connor, Managing Director, Champ Car Atlantic
Cathie Lyon, Director, Fast Lap Pace Car Program
Kelly Brown, Community Relations
Me (and 2 other dudes), Interns/Nobodies

You can read all about the planned events here (http://champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10952) and here (http://www.racing.iupui.edu/motorsports_day.pdf). Hope to see at least a few of you there ... the event is intended for students, but is open to the public, so feel free to come by and snap some pictures, ask some questions, or buy me a drink if you're so inclined. :cool:

Kiwifan
10-05-06, 01:19 AM
Sorry Ed, bit too far to come at such short notice and besides, I'm packing! (Er, that's not "packing" in the Lizzerd way. :) )

Off topic, you making the trip Downunder?

Have a great day Friday and I'm sure the gang will keep you well topped up.

Rusty.

Lizzerd
10-05-06, 01:49 AM
(Er, that's not "packing" in the Lizzerd way. :) )

:confused: :confused:

Kiwifan
10-05-06, 05:07 AM
Sorry Lizzerd, just a crude reference to the Name Thread, just had visions of you as the "Lizzerd King". Maybe it's a Kiwi slang for Big Guys Packing their Privates. I guess it's best not to go there...... carry on. :)

Rusty.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Spicoli
10-05-06, 07:51 AM
Will Newman Hass have their hopsitality truck there?

Ed_Severson
10-05-06, 09:32 AM

Today is Choose Your Own Answer day ...

A) No.
B) Yes, but you aren't allowed to go in.

:gomer:

Ed_Severson
10-05-06, 09:33 AM
Off topic, you making the trip Downunder?

You bet, mate! I've been practicing my Australian for a few weeks to get ready for the trip. :thumbup:

KLang
10-05-06, 09:38 AM
You bet, mate! I've been practicing my Australian for a few weeks to get ready for the trip. :thumbup:

Wouldn't that just involve drinking to excess? :D

You lucky dog. :thumbup:

Spicoli
10-05-06, 09:44 AM
Today is Choose Your Own Answer day ...

A) No.
B) Yes, but you aren't allowed to go in.

:gomer:

I'm sooooo sorry. I won't post anymore.

signed:

Linda.

:p

Spicoli
10-05-06, 02:56 PM
Hey ED:

how's come you let IRLtards in on this?

:saywhat:

Ed_Severson
10-05-06, 03:06 PM
Not my decision, but the short answer is ... because it's Motorsports Day, not Champ Car Day. :p

We've got a couple students working for Panther, and it's obviously beneficial to the university to be as inclusive as possible. We really should have had some sort of NHRA presence scheduled as well, but we couldn't get anything organized in time for that.

Spicoli
10-05-06, 04:12 PM
Spicoli > irl.

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-06, 05:28 PM
We've got a couple students working for Panther

Are they douchebags like Kaaveh?

Lizzerd
10-05-06, 06:42 PM
I thought about posting and saying that I drove there this afternoon, but couldn't find the displays. Then, coming home, I was thinking about sending a PM to Ed asking where it was, and saying that I was sorry I missed it. But after I logged on to OC and read his post again, I saw where he said it was on Friday. I'll go back tomorrow, but I won't tell him that I was there and looked for him today.

I'm glad I decided not to post it because it would have made me look like an idiot.

Cam
10-05-06, 08:00 PM
I thought about posting and saying that I drove there this afternoon, but couldn't find the displays. Then, coming home, I was thinking about sending a PM to Ed asking where it was, and saying that I was sorry I missed it. But after I logged on to OC and read his post again, I saw where he said it was on Friday. I'll go back tomorrow, but I won't tell him that I was there and looked for him today.

I'm glad I decided not to post it because it would have made me look like an idiot.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tony:

Spicoli
10-05-06, 08:21 PM
Are they douchebags like Kaaveh?

this ****tard?:tony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58saJAzBx2o&NR

Linda
10-10-06, 12:52 AM

:rofl: :laugh: :D ;)

Joelski
10-10-06, 09:57 AM
I'm sooooo sorry. I won't post anymore.

signed:

Linda.

:p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Linda
10-10-06, 11:19 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: