PDA

View Full Version : Sam the Sham to NASCAR?

pchall
09-29-06, 09:56 PM
Sam is clearly considering his next career move now that the IRL is adding more and more events that involve obscure driving skills such as turning right [who'd want to do that?], braking, and shifting.

http://www.scenedaily.com/stories/2006/09/25/scene_daily110.html

Hornish says he could run NASCAR races in 2007

Indy Racing League champion Sam Hornish says there is a possibility he will compete in some NASCAR races in 2007.

While testing his IRL car at Daytona International Speedway on Tuesday, Hornish said that running in NASCAR is something that's going to happen eventually. Hornish, who drives for Roger Penske in the IRL, would drive for Penske if he did compete in the NASCAR ranks.

"The first thing you have to do is go through all the preliminaries, doing the tests, getting that first little bit of seat time," he said. "I'm not going to hop right in there and go to a race. People will know it's happening before I just show up one day and here I am [at a race]. It's something we're looking to."

Hornish said that because the IRL season is more condensed the opportunity exists for him to also race in select Cup events.

"Roger needs to find a good use for me to get the most out of his money," he said. "I want to try it out and see if I'm capable of doing that. We have to wait and see when the right time is. I'm not sure yet."

I guess Roger already has a good chauffeur?

rabbit
09-29-06, 10:50 PM
Hornish said that because the IRL is rapidly fading into oblivion, the opportunity exists for him to also race in select Cup events.Fixed it. :)

pchall
09-29-06, 11:06 PM
Fixed it. :)

You'd get an "A" in copy editting from me. :)

Spicoli
09-30-06, 12:08 AM
wgaf?

cart7
10-01-06, 08:32 AM
"Roger needs to find a good use for me to get the most out of his money,"

:rofl:

Sorry Sam, but even the floor maintenance engineer's salary cap at Penske south is still waay below what you're making.

Perhaps Roger can get the league to allow hired guns for Sam in all the future street and road courses the earl will be adding.

Wheel-Nut
10-01-06, 09:29 PM
wgaf?

Most of your neighbors?

Spicoli
10-01-06, 09:43 PM
Most of your neighbors?

Most of my neigbors have NFC what the Earl is. They know about NasTards, Shoe-maker, and footbal and backsketballs. Nobody GAF about Hornballs. :gomer:

Now, remember that I live on the exclusive northside of town, roll with Overcrew, and never, ever go without a police excort. I ain't live on the s***** side o town where a fun Saturday night is heading to the Mug n Buns, watching Rocky Horror and hitting Long's doughnuts at 5 am. :tony:

fTG.

Wheel-Nut
10-02-06, 10:07 AM
Most of my neigbors have NFC what the Earl is.

fTG.

That proves it, Spicoli IS FTG. :thumbup: :tony:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-07-06, 10:05 PM
Sam is clearly considering his next career move now that the IRL is adding more and more events that involve obscure driving skills such as turning right [who'd want to do that?], braking, and shifting.

http://www.scenedaily.com/stories/2006/09/25/scene_daily110.html

Hornish says he could run NASCAR races in 2007

Indy Racing League champion Sam Hornish says there is a possibility he will compete in some NASCAR races in 2007.

While testing his IRL car at Daytona International Speedway on Tuesday, Hornish said that running in NASCAR is something that's going to happen eventually. Hornish, who drives for Roger Penske in the IRL, would drive for Penske if he did compete in the NASCAR ranks.

"The first thing you have to do is go through all the preliminaries, doing the tests, getting that first little bit of seat time," he said. "I'm not going to hop right in there and go to a race. People will know it's happening before I just show up one day and here I am [at a race]. It's something we're looking to."

Hornish said that because the IRL season is more condensed the opportunity exists for him to also race in select Cup events.

"Roger needs to find a good use for me to get the most out of his money," he said. "I want to try it out and see if I'm capable of doing that. We have to wait and see when the right time is. I'm not sure yet."

I guess Roger already has a good chauffeur?It'll happen once more and more road/street courses get added. The man is a great oval racer, but he's surprisingly wankeresque on the road...and he knows it!

manic mechanic
10-07-06, 11:16 PM
...and (for some strange reason) I'm pretty sure RP can get someone to do the Starbucks run for shop employees for 1/10 what he pays Sham! :p

manic