PDA

View Full Version : bad CCIC member, BAD!

G.
09-27-06, 12:42 PM
Who did what?

Greetings all fans!

We want to thank you all for your membership and participation in the Champ Car Inner Circle Fan Club. With this membership you receive many special offers, options and privileges on a race weekend. These are all things that Champ Car loves to be able to give to our fans on a regular basis. However, these privileges come with some responsibilities. Due to an Inner Circle Fan Club member using their membership to demand and gain access to a restricted area at Road America, we must ask that when participating in or attending Champ Car events, you conduct yourselves in a professional and acceptable manner. This includes following the rules and not taking advantage of your status as an Inner Circle member. Failure to do so can and will result in revocation of your Inner Circle Fan Club membership and its privileges as well as revocation of privileges for everyone in the Inner Circle Fan Club. Restricted areas are so designated not only for your safety, but so that the crews, drivers, officials, photographers etc. can be allowed to do their jobs in a safe and organized environment. Champ Car is a world class organization and we all need to behave in a manner that upholds that image. We need to remember that our actions reflect upon more than just ourselves, they reflect upon the series as a whole. We thank you all for remembering this and look forward to seeing you at future events.

Thank you all,

The Management of
The Champ Car World Series.

Lesse, Spikkly had Overcrew, not him, rocket doesn't need a card to demand anything, I had to behave...

Hmmm...

Might've been the Norwegian that Security was looking for.

spinner26
09-27-06, 12:56 PM
Got the same thing, what a putz!:shakehead :thumdown:

Gnam
09-27-06, 12:57 PM
What does Norway's flag look like again?

courtesy Motorsport.com (http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?Y=2006&S=CHAMPCAR&E=Road_America/Sunday_race#)

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2127/champcar2006raam0144pg7.jpg

Spicoli
09-27-06, 12:59 PM
Norweigen reference > huh? :saywhat:

Only one dooder i know and i can't believe it would be him. he's even afraid of girls.

TKGAngel
09-27-06, 01:57 PM
I'm going to be the one to ask the stupid question: if this person demanded acccess based on their membership, where was a CCWS official to tell them no?

CC fans are lucky that we're allowed paddock passes and such, unlike NASCAR fans who are herded behind a fence. I would hope this putz realizes that he almost ruined it for a lot of fans.

Don Quixote
09-27-06, 02:02 PM
Is this one of those hardcards that we keep hearing about? :laugh:
I wonder where this person gained access?

cameraman
09-27-06, 02:59 PM
This was posted over in Crappieland

...There are some places on a race track that fans know they do not have access to. In this case, someone was apparently given access to one of those areas through a random act of kindness, NOT by sneaking through security, and that person (who is a CCIC member) repaid the kindness by acting inappropriately and causing a disturbance. That is why we felt we needed to address everyone.

trauma1
09-27-06, 03:20 PM
some one sounds like they were drunk as hell and embarrased everyone, after working at the Mile for years it's amazing where people try to go, hell iv'e had people try to sit on the hood of my ambulance in the corner during a race of coarse holding a beer, the track workers constantly have to kick people out of area where people are not allowed

dando
09-27-06, 03:32 PM
Wasn't me. I wasn't there. ;) :(

-Kevin

devilmaster
09-27-06, 03:41 PM
Wasn't me. I wasn't there. ;) :(

-Kevin

Neither was I. I only did that kind of stuff at Mid-Ohio. ;)

Cam
09-27-06, 04:06 PM
Neither was I. I only did that kind of stuff at Mid-Ohio. ;)

BUBBA!!!! Is dat ju??? (EH!) :gomer: :D

skidmarks
09-27-06, 05:05 PM
Who did what?

Lesse, Spikkly had Overcrew, not him, rocket doesn't need a card to demand anything, I had to behave...

Hmmm...

Might've been the Norwegian that Security was looking for.

Security was looking for one Norwegian because his nephew was there from Norway also. The two met up and decided they were from Norway, but didn't wan't to date. :(

Spicoli
09-27-06, 05:32 PM
Security was looking for one Norwegian because his nephew was there from Norway also. The two met up and decided they were from Norway, but didn't wan't to date. :(

:confused: :saywhat:

Twisty Bits
09-27-06, 06:24 PM
Hard to believe, but, it wasn't me.

chop456
09-27-06, 06:31 PM

Not if it happened before noon, anyway. :p

rocket
09-27-06, 07:36 PM

Oh come on now, you were in a "restricted" area at least once last weekend:rofl:

Twisty Bits
09-27-06, 08:06 PM
:D :D :D :D

Warlock!
09-28-06, 08:38 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2127/champcar2006raam0144pg7.jpg
Cool banner. Did ChampCar make them up? I sure as Hell dinna see anything like that around the parts of the track I visited. :confused:

Spicoli
09-28-06, 10:25 AM
I think they are Crappies.

TKGAngel
09-28-06, 01:30 PM
^^ Speaking of the fine crappies, PG popped in over there to say that he had no idea that this email had gone out and is going to try to see what the deal is.

Dr. Corkski
09-28-06, 02:10 PM
I think they are Crappies.Ohs Noes. Looks like you hurt someone important's feelings. :rofl:

Respeckfully,

Fartski

Spicoli
09-28-06, 02:33 PM
Ohs Noes. Looks like you hurt someone important's feelings. :rofl:

Respeckfully,

Fartski

Well, upon further consideration, I think they CAN'T be crappies.....

They are at a race, and they are DRINKING!:saywhat:

humor baby - humor....;)

TravelGal
09-28-06, 05:42 PM
^^ Speaking of the fine crappies, PG popped in over there to say that he had no idea that this email had gone out and is going to try to see what the deal is.

When I read this, I went back to see what PG wrote. I labored through seven pages last night but his post was not up yet. Is that thread GONE? I sure couldn't see it.

I never read the email in question because I continue to labor under the delusion that emails from Race Director are actually FROM RACE DIRECTOR. If I got it, I deleted it, thinking it was a pitch for a subscription or something.

KLang
09-28-06, 06:05 PM
When I read this, I went back to see what PG wrote. I labored through seven pages last night but his post was not up yet. Is that thread GONE? I sure couldn't see it.

I never read the email in question because I continue to labor under the delusion that emails from Race Director are actually FROM RACE DIRECTOR. If I got it, I deleted it, thinking it was a pitch for a subscription or something.

It is still there but the thread is locked. Go to Paul's entry in the member list and click on 'Find all posts by...'.

RTKar
09-28-06, 06:57 PM
Well, upon further consideration, I think they CAN'T be crappies.....

They are at a race, and they are DRINKING!:saywhat:

humor baby - humor....;)

Crappies don't get a group discount either :p

TravelGal
09-28-06, 08:33 PM
It is still there but the thread is locked. Go to Paul's entry in the member list and click on 'Find all posts by...'.

Thanks. I looked under members only but I didn't think to look under CCIC.

Funny how it disolved into forum bashing. Good grief. Just because the different forums have different outlooks. Oh well.