PDA

View Full Version : T.O.

Wheel-Nut
09-27-06, 10:06 AM
WFAA-TV in Dallas is reporting that Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens attempted to commit suicide Tuesday night.

Got this in one of my FF leagues. :shakehead :eek:

rabbit
09-27-06, 10:11 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060927_wz_owens.1fd220c5.html

Like him or not, this is always sad. :(

Stu
09-27-06, 10:26 AM
sad stuff.

he's hit rock bottom, lets hope he responds in a positive way.

Ankf00
09-27-06, 10:45 AM
The player's publicist didn't immediately return calls for comment.

She's now saying that he had an allergic or drug interaction reaction between painkillers & supplements, which sounds like BS. 35 pills reportedly consumed, Tylenol III w/ codeine.

devilmaster
09-27-06, 11:14 AM
Don't give a **** about T.O.

But damn, now i need to pick up someone on my fantasy team :irked:

TKGAngel
09-27-06, 11:21 AM
Such a sad story. I hope he gets the help he needs.

CNN reporting that he was trying to put more pills in his mouth even after a friend was intervening and summoning help.

Dr. Corkski
09-27-06, 11:30 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Insomniac
09-27-06, 11:51 AM
I hope he can get help if he needs it. I hope the media is happy now.

WickerBill
09-27-06, 12:03 PM
What?? The media? You place the fault for this at the feet of the media?

dando
09-27-06, 12:13 PM

While ultimately the fault for this lies with TO and those that surrounded him (ala Drew), the media has some culpability for this due to the intense and, IMHO, obscene coverage of TO and his travails during training camp.

I disliked the man and the player, but I would never wish ill on anyone....'cept FTG, of course.

It is not a crime in Texas for a person to attempt suicide.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

Now that's what I call thinning the herd. :saywhat:

-Kevin

trauma1
09-27-06, 12:15 PM
She's now saying that he had an allergic or drug interaction reaction between painkillers & supplements, which sounds like BS. 35 pills reportedly consumed, Tylenol III w/ codeine.

dumb ass Vicoden is much better T-3 suck

spinner26
09-27-06, 01:00 PM
Only thing better would have been if Parcells was feeding him the pils.

This was NOT an attempted suicide, this was a feel sorry for T.O. FA Q T.O.,
wanna commit suicide, load the gun put it to they head and pull the trigger. 90 sumodd percent success rate, otherwise your seeking attention.:rolleyes:

Insomniac
09-27-06, 01:12 PM

Ultimately, no. But I absolutely believe they did not help. The media is so far from unbiased now. They play favorites and lift up the guys they like and rip apart guys they don't. On the field, Chad Johnson behaves just like T.O. and everybody loves him. I know off the field they are completely different and T.O. has done a lot to bring the criticism down on himself, but the media was on T.O. before the off field interviews and his big mouth got him in trouble. The media constantly referred to T.O. as <insert biased adjective here>. Imagine that being said about you constantly. It's going to affect you, and if you already have problems, it's not going to make them better.

chop456
09-27-06, 01:36 PM
I hope he gets the help he needs.

Like a vodka chaser. Delicious and effective.

Who does bench presses in their driveway for TV cameras?

A) People persecuted and hounded by the media.
B) Attention whores.

Awwww. The media picking on the big, tough football player. Maybe if he wasn't such a dick the truth wouldn't hurt so much.

TKGAngel
09-27-06, 01:54 PM
Like a vodka chaser. Delicious and effective.

Mmmm. Vodka. :)

TO's to blame for being an attention-seeking famewhore, while the media's to blame for indulging him. Both equally reponsible, IMO.

OTOH, at least he didn't talk to Nancy Grace before deciding to do what he did.

trauma1
09-27-06, 01:57 PM
Mmmm. Vodka. :)

TO's to blame for being an attention-seeking famewhore, while the media's to blame for indulging him. Both equally reponsible, IMO.

OTOH, at least he didn't talk to Nancy Grace before deciding to do what he did.

oh i'm sure that's in the works, they desearve each other, can she get any more irritating

Don Quixote
09-27-06, 01:59 PM
He's more than an attention whore. He has a serious mental problem along the lines of a God complex or a psychotic narcissist. Probably the most unlikeable person ever. I wish we never had to hear his name again.

dando
09-27-06, 03:50 PM
Move along now. Nothing to see here. :saywhat:

-Kevin

FTG
09-27-06, 04:11 PM
Philly fans will be relieved to know that he didn't die before they get a chance to boo him.

dando
09-27-06, 04:23 PM
Philly fans will be relieved to know that he didn't die before they get a chance to boo him.

Boo? I think you meant lynch. :\

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-27-06, 05:11 PM
Well, that clears up a lot. He's obviously not smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut, and his publicist just showed how smart she is. He's surrounded by idiots.

racermike
09-27-06, 07:44 PM
He's more than an attention whore. He has a serious mental problem along the lines of a God complex or a psychotic narcissist. Probably the most unlikeable person ever. I wish we never had to hear his name again.

He cant be God, Alec Baldwin already claimed that ... guess Alec didnt get the memo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeC3BPYTmE

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/malice1.JPG
you say I have a god complex .... I am god

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqeC3BPYTmE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqeC3BPYTmE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

extramundane
09-27-06, 10:14 PM
A Stillers-fan friend of mine: "damn. I kinda like him now. anybody who tries to kill TO is okay by me."

KaBoom21
09-27-06, 11:21 PM
"damn. I kinda like him now. anybody who tries to kill TO is okay by me."
:rofl:

dando
09-28-06, 10:52 AM
his publicist just showed how smart she is. He's surrounded by idiots.

No doubt. She and Drew Rosenhouse would be a perfect couple: dumb and dumber. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin