PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm baffled

rabbit
09-25-06, 11:53 PM
Dear Abby,

I can't get on Yahoo from home.

I use it everyday for email, IM, fantasy football, etc. But all of a sudden today I can't get on it anymore from home. The pages never load. It just says "Loading" for five-ten minutes until I click Stop. I have two laptops and it doesn't work on either one. And it doesn't matter which browser I use. I took my main laptop to the library at school and it loaded just fine there. I came back home, rebooted, and nothing... :irked: :saywhat: :cry: Any suggestions?

Signed,
Baffled and frustrated in Toledo

P.S. - the IM works fine. It's just the rest of it that doesn't load.

Ankf00
09-25-06, 11:56 PM
only pinkos use yahoo messenger :p

rabbit
09-26-06, 12:01 AM
only pinkos use yahoo messenger :p

I IM about once every month. I only use it because it notifies me when I get a new email.

nrc
09-26-06, 12:25 AM
Have you tried different browsers? Do you have any pop-up or privacy manager type software that might be blocking something they're trying to do?

BTW, that page really sucks and you should probably be thankful that it doesn't work. A page that reformats an entire column because of a mouse-over. How stupid is that? :shakehead

rabbit
09-26-06, 12:40 AM
Have you tried different browsers? Do you have any pop-up or privacy manager type software that might be blocking something they're trying to do?
I've tried it with Firefox and IE. But I don't see how pop-up blockers etc. could be the problem since it works fine at school.

BTW, that page really sucks and you should probably be thankful that it doesn't work. A page that reformats an entire column because of a mouse-over. How stupid is that? :shakehead
Are you refering to the Yahoo home page? If so, I don't know if it sucks or not because I use my own My Yahoo page and never see the main page.

rabbit
09-26-06, 08:00 AM
Nevermind. It works fine this morning.:confused:

nrc
09-26-06, 08:54 AM
Sorry, missed the part about the same laptop working from the library. Your ISP must have had a routing problem.

dando
09-26-06, 08:39 PM
FYI, here's a report I found on /. about a similiar experience for Comcastic users on the east coast trying to access Google:

http://michaelcastellon.blogspot.com/2006/09/many-comcasters-unable-to-access.html

-kevin

coolhand
09-26-06, 08:47 PM
YIM > AIM