PDA

View Full Version : Notes from the SPEED coverage or Road America

pressdog
09-25-06, 02:36 PM
Copious notes on Speed's telecast. Road America may be bad juju or something. At least Katherine walked way.

Notes from Road America (http://pressdog.blogspot.com)

devilmaster
09-25-06, 03:14 PM
Race Director rocks. Go right now to www.champcar.ws and sign up for it. $30 for a year of stats, notes, telemetry, replays of each broadcast etc. pressdog digs it in a major way. The on-demand replay function by itself makes it worth $30.

Sellout. ;) :D

pressdog
09-25-06, 03:15 PM
Sellout. ;) :D

I wish. I'm an uncompensated endorser at this point.

grungex
09-25-06, 03:24 PM
19 laps to go. Tracy is out of the gravel. The Champ Car guys are scrambling to get him back out. Tracy probably just gave them The Look and they knew he would eat their spleens if they didn't get him out before he lost a lap. Tracy is on it to come around and get to the back of the field so he can pit.
:rofl: :rofl:

Spicoli
09-25-06, 03:26 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

I was right there when it happened. It was funny as hell, and the crowd went nuts.:)

rosawendel
09-25-06, 03:27 PM
Derek plugs the book "Rapid Response" by a Champ Car safety guy.
"rapid response" by dr. stephen olvey
(i.e. the former champ car medical team head and the guy who saved zanardi's life)
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32656/

Gnam
09-25-06, 03:58 PM
Holy crap, it's true, Speedy Dan...Clarke is on the pole.... It's pandemonium. Dogs and cats, living together.
Mass hysteria! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-25-06, 04:36 PM
"That whold anti-French thing seems a little harsh. Could be just me."

I thought it was funny when he said it because I thought it was tongue in cheek.

Apparently he repeated it at the post race press conference with Bourdais sitting next to him. Bourdais said his English was not good enough to respond.

I wasn't there so I can't say for sure but from how it read in the paper it seemed pretty awkward and classless. I'm hoping that everyone just has a huge sense of humor about themselves and others. I'd know that if Bourdais played along a little. Perhaps he could say something like there wouldn't even be a USA without the help of French.:gomer:

devilmaster
09-25-06, 05:03 PM
Mass hysteria! :thumbup:

Enough! I get the picture! But what if you're wrong?

Al Czervik
09-25-06, 07:54 PM
Enough! I get the picture! But what if you're wrong?

If I'm wrong, I'll go to jail, quietly. But if I'm right, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

(I hope I got that right)

pressdog
09-25-06, 08:23 PM
If I'm wrong, I'll go to jail, quietly. But if I'm right, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

Ghostbusters!

devilmaster
09-26-06, 05:13 AM

Good enuff ;) :D