PDA

View Full Version : RichK onboard video

RichK
09-25-06, 02:08 PM
Since RacinM3 posted some video, I figured I'd add my own to the forum.

I just attended a day of schoolin' by Doug Chandler (3-time AMA Superbike champ & GP racer) last weekend. He took some video of me at Thunderhill Park, along with the other 2 students.

This is a 2:10 lap, which is enough to get me second-to-last place in the last AFM race there. I've got a lot to learn still...
Either way, this has been a bitchin' sport to take up since transitioning from cars.

Bike in front is me. Bike with the camera is DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqCBtP8Puc

SteveH
09-25-06, 02:17 PM
Regardless of where you finished, you've got big ones. I could never do that.

:thumbup:

devilmaster
09-25-06, 02:32 PM
Just want to confirm Rich - you were on the bike that was being followed, not the bike with the camera, correct?

Either way, both rides looked clean and crisp... glad ya had fun... :thumbup:

racer2c
09-25-06, 02:34 PM
Impressive. I gotta admit, that is one million times cooler than skidding around cones in a parking lot in second gear!

What kinda bike? Looked like a Kaw.

RichK
09-25-06, 02:34 PM
Yeah - sorry. The camera bike is Doug Chandler, I'm the bike in front holding him up! :laugh:

My bike's a Kawasaki ZX-6RR (600cc)

devilmaster
09-25-06, 02:35 PM
Yeah - sorry. The camera bike is Doug Chandler, I'm the bike in front holding him up! :laugh:

I was going to say something to that effect.... ;)

[edit] did you get startled by the guy who passed ya port side? or did you know he was coming?

RichK
09-25-06, 02:49 PM
[edit] did you get startled by the guy who passed ya port side? or did you know he was coming?

No, it happens all the time (:( ). I'm in the "A" group with the racers (that guy was an instructor too) - and some of them are riding 1000cc bikes - so they blast by pretty fast. I've had a few of them lean on me a bit in the turns, which is "disturbing". :)

We don't have mirrors on the bikes, so you don't see them coming. That, plus the absence of a 5 point harness, has been the wierdest thing about going from cars to bikes.

oddlycalm
09-25-06, 03:43 PM
Cool, thanks for posting it RK. You're learning from the best, which is always a good thing. :thumbup:

oc

RacinM3
09-25-06, 04:24 PM
You're crazy. ;)

Wow, the Cyclone corner at that track looks like as much of a pain in the ass on a bike as it is in a car.

BTW....my best time there in a car is a 2:03....:)

RichK
09-25-06, 04:58 PM
You're crazy. ;)

Wow, the Cyclone corner at that track looks like as much of a pain in the ass on a bike as it is in a car.

Yeah, it sucks even more cuz I can't jump the curb now. And getting t-boned there probably hurts more.

BTW....my best time there in a car is a 2:03....:)

I think my best FV time was 2:08. My best time so far on the bike is 2:07 - and the truly fast guys are doing like 1:57 on 600s. :eek:

Spicoli
09-25-06, 08:37 PM
nice riding!:thumbup:

dando
09-25-06, 09:22 PM
Cool shizzle! :thumbup: :thumbup: As a bike rider of the other type, you have my respect for running like that regarless where you finished. :cool:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
09-25-06, 10:08 PM
Road racers have a feel screws loose, but motorcylce racers had the screws fall out a loooong time ago.

diamond dave
09-26-06, 09:59 AM
Bitchin':thumbup: