PDA

View Full Version : Bruno x Sebastien

molive
04-16-03, 10:19 AM
A lot of people were impressed with Bourdais right from the word go, and when he got 2 poles everybody said he would wipe the floor with Bruno's arse.

I warned people they could be surprised. "BJ is no pushover", I told them.

Now we have after 3 rounds:

Bruno - 38 Points
Bourdais - 05 Points

As he did with highly touted Kenny Brack (and with Minassian, and with Gidley, and with Dixon), Bruno is proving he's not gonna be left behind.

Next up is Brands Hatch, a track that is unknown to everyone.

I bet BJ will again outscore the "rookie sensation". ;)

:cool:

dirtyboy
04-16-03, 01:05 PM
I think your looking at the points too early in the season. I remember Zanardi didn’t do so well in his first few races either. Sebastian made some rookie mistakes, it will happen. I was at the Long Beach race and watched him closely. He had a chance to win, he was in front of Fernandez, but he is REALLY bad on cold tires. He got totally bitch slapped in every race on cold tire so far this season. Once he gets more of a handle on things I think wins will be coming.

pchall
04-16-03, 01:10 PM
Champcars are a completely different beast from what Bourdais has been driving. Sunday he seemed to have come to grips with it over a race distance until his Cossie let go. This guy will win a couple of times before Fontana...

Let's all hope he is here for a number of years.

Ed_Severson
04-16-03, 01:56 PM
Not to poke you in the eye or anything, because I think you're right -- Bruno is better than he gets credit for -- but he may be at a disadvantage at Brands Hatch.

Paul Tracy pointed this out in the post-race press conference, and I think it's a good thing to keep in mind. Although nobody has been to Brands in a champ car, most of the drivers in the series have raced there before. Bruno, however, has not.

He may have some catching up to do that weekend, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Sebastien outpace him consistently, Sunday included, while in England.

Dave99
04-16-03, 02:19 PM
I'll take Bordeaux over Junky in 03. He's been fast in nearly every session this year, and on tracks he has had no experience on.
All he needs is better luck (pit communication, pit communication, engine).

Railbird
04-16-03, 03:17 PM
I've defended Junquiera more than once, but Bourdais is not to be discounted imo.

molive
04-16-03, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ed_Severson
Although nobody has been to Brands in a champ car, most of the drivers in the series have raced there before. Bruno, however, has not.

Point taken. BUT, I don't think that will be that big of a problem for Bruno, after all St. Pete was also new to everybody, and he still managed to finish ahead of SB.

Anyway, I'm not too optimistic about Brands. The circuit is so tight and short, with some many variables, it will be difficult to predict any result...

Don Quixote
04-16-03, 04:09 PM
IMO this matchup is too close to call. I look forward to watching them battle it out for the rest of the year. :cool: