PDA

View Full Version : Proof the points are broken?

nrc
09-24-06, 12:22 PM
Pagenuad (1 win) > Rahal (5 wins)

If Rahal weren't already set with a champ car ride wouldn't we prefer to see the five time winner taking the big check? Most of Rahal's DNFs weren't even his fault.

EDwardo
09-24-06, 12:46 PM
Agreed. Winning 5 of 12 races should earn a championship.

pchall
09-24-06, 03:24 PM
I don't think the points system is "at fault". Rahal just wound up putting himself in the wrong place at the wrong time much too often during the season, and I'd attribute that to being 17 and really short on seat time. I think he'll be humbled a bit next year in a champ car with a much more experienced field.

Insomniac
09-24-06, 05:15 PM
Pagenuad (1 win) > Rahal (5 wins)

If Rahal weren't already set with a champ car ride wouldn't we prefer to see the five time winner taking the big check? Most of Rahal's DNFs weren't even his fault.

I didn't really pay attention, but if you mean they were mechanical, it was still the teams fualt. I'm not a fan of the points system, if I cared enough, I might try and see who would win with the old and new F1 system. I know I did this for CC a couple seasons, it didn't matter.

nrc
09-24-06, 11:41 PM
I didn't really pay attention, but if you mean they were mechanical, it was still the teams fualt. I'm not a fan of the points system, if I cared enough, I might try and see who would win with the old and new F1 system. I know I did this for CC a couple seasons, it didn't matter.

No, I'm thinking more about the three or so times that Rahal was punted out of a podium position.

coolhand
09-25-06, 04:08 AM
SP was always up at the front all season.

Points is basically averaging the finishing positions.