PDA

View Full Version : Shorty going home

TravelGal
09-21-06, 09:18 PM
From www.daMatta.com

Gustavo da Matta - Neenah / Winsconsin @ 21.09 @ 13:32
Dear friends, I'm very proud to announce that Cristiano is now able to leave the hospital. Yesterday we went out for lunch and dinner, he ate a lot and is ready to get back home and continue his rehabilitation process.

In the name of my family, I want to thank you all for the support you've been given us. On those last 50 days this web page has been our bible, which gave us hope and strengh to go through this.

edit: I struggled through the Portuguese and see that the English version is a litte briefer but the message is just as good. He is strong enough to leave and go home. WHEW!

racer2c
09-21-06, 09:34 PM
Awesome! Good to hear!:thumbup: Make that GREAT to hear!

Ray Scar
09-21-06, 10:18 PM
Just packing for Road America so I was already in a good mood but this really makes it even better. Now I don't even care if it rains this weekend.

Way to go Shorty!

extramundane
09-21-06, 10:21 PM
:thumbup:

diamond dave
09-21-06, 10:40 PM
excellent:thumbup:

Insomniac
09-22-06, 07:12 AM
Great news! I wonder if he will stop by at RA?

Edit--He won't be, but he taped the command to start the engines.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32739/

TKGAngel
09-22-06, 08:13 AM
I've got a big smile on my face after reading that article. :)

Keep pushing, Shorty!

TravelGal
09-22-06, 01:23 PM
Great news! I wonder if he will stop by at RA?

Edit--He won't be, but he taped the command to start the engines.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32739/

Absolutely superb! I think "jubilant" would be a good word here. Wow!

Flying is such a strain on an injured body. That he is able to fly home from Wisconsin is a real tribute to how well his head has healed.

Whooooooopeeeeeeee!

edit: now that I see he is in a private jet, it makes more sense

TKGAngel
09-22-06, 03:41 PM
Looks like Shorty hitched a ride on one of PKV's Gulfstreams.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2006/By800/20060922P_0004.jpg

More photos on the Champcar website, under Road America gallery, lifestyle section.

trauma1
09-22-06, 04:50 PM
he looks pretty good, thanks to the CC safety team and the docs, they are still the best in the world hands down no equals

Insomniac
09-22-06, 08:07 PM
he looks pretty good, thanks to the CC safety team and the docs, they are still the best in the world hands down no equals

:thumbup: to the CC medical team. I remember a lot of talk when they chose not to keep Dr. Steve Olvey and Dr. Terry Trammell.

Fio1
09-24-06, 05:16 PM

Ya, no kidding. It looks he will be alright. The updates given by RuSport were always very vague and I was worried he'd end up like Page Jones. But, after seeing him on Speed and in those pictures it looks like he'll be back to normal by the end of the year. I'm sure he'll be back on the grid in April 2007. :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-24-06, 08:17 PM
:thumbup: