PDA

View Full Version : Worst Hockey Logos

Tifosi24
09-21-06, 04:13 PM
I saw this link in a thread while browsing the college hockey forum. Since the Buffaslugs logo is simply terrible, this guy thought it was appropriate to post his list of 15 worst hockey logos.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2006/09/worst-hockey-logos-of-all-time.html

ferrarigod
09-21-06, 05:01 PM
There was nothing wrong with the Blue/Yellow jersey all the way through the 70's, 80's and mid 90's.

The new logo leaves much to be desired, but at least they brought back the classic Blue/Yellow in 3rd Jersey form. I miss that old one, and still have my Pat LaFontaine jersey and can't wait to wear it up here in the cold.

Also, I see nothing wrong with the Rockies or the Seals. I miss the old multi-color V for Vancouver shirt, and obviously the Quebec Nordiques need to come back to wear those sweet sweaters. We also need the Whalers back, those were sweet:thumbup:

extramundane
09-21-06, 06:30 PM
I always thought my old hometown team's early-1990s logo was one of the worst:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8053/pexpressod5.jpg

But I guess that's what happens when you put a hockey team in a southern railroad town most famous for a mountaintop 90-foot high neon star. :saywhat:

TKGAngel
09-21-06, 06:47 PM
The Buffaslug does kind of grow on you. Despite all of the fan uproar during the offseason, 10,000 people (myself included) still showed up at the arena last Saturday to watch the team change clothes. The Sabres store was hopping and the limited amount of jerseys that they had in stock flew off the shelves.

dando
09-21-06, 07:09 PM
The Buffaslug does kind of grow on you. Despite all of the fan uproar during the offseason, 10,000 people (myself included) still showed up at the arena last Saturday to watch the team change clothes. The Sabres store was hopping and the limited amount of jerseys that they had in stock flew off the shelves.

I caught the slug Tues night. Sorry, but those unis against the ice and through the netting are nearly unpossible to see. :thumdown: Oh, and thx breaking Sergei. :irked: ;)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-06, 08:02 PM
I caught the slug Tues night. Sorry, but those unis against the ice and through the netting are nearly unpossible to see. :thumdown: Oh, and thx breaking Sergei. :irked: ;)

-Kevin

We didn't mean to break Sergei! Honest! :)

Back on topic, what about the Bruins 3rd jersey with the growling bear on the front? Looks like something a pee-wee team would wear.

IlliniRacer
09-21-06, 08:38 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3540/695/200/seals.png

Reminds me of the Partridge Family

pfc_m_drake
09-21-06, 09:23 PM
My problem with the slug (which I still don't like, by the way) isn't necessairly with the logo itself. It might grow on me (I'm skeptical), but what really bothers me is that they paid good money to a graphic design/marketing firm to create the new logo, and the slug is the best that they could come up with? :saywhat: