PDA

View Full Version : In True Dale Coyne Form...

NismoZ
09-20-06, 10:33 AM
SPEED reports DC will announce Juan Caceres on Friday at RA. (as he steps in the car I think!) Ol' Juan just finished 2nd in the Silverstone round of the Euro F-3000 series. Maybe a Diaz, daGama or Martinez in Mexico, too. Since it's the last go 'round for the Lolas it sounds like rides might be selling pretty cheaply there.

Insomniac
09-20-06, 10:38 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32698/

Not sure if he was there when Graham was there, but 53.4 soesn't seem all that good. Oh well, Dale has been loyal and has been poached of his driver two years in a row. He wasn't going to find a great replacement. Too bad though, if anyone deserves a win...

pchall
09-20-06, 11:19 AM
Meanwhile, spyplanes report planning is underway for a Champ Car street race in an Uraguian costal resort city. Emerson Fittipaldi is said to be one of the principle figures. :p

Well, at least Caceres is good for a quote:

"It's not easy coming out of an F3000 car and into one of these monsters," Caceres said after the Sebring test. "The power, size and weight are tremendous. I believe I could have run a little quicker, but I made a couple of mistakes on my hot laps," he added.

formulaben
09-20-06, 12:08 PM
Too bad though, if anyone deserves a win...

Indeed. There's always Cleveland '07. :(

TravelGal
09-20-06, 12:47 PM
>>>meow<<<

At least Katharine will have someone to play with.

Fio1
09-21-06, 01:09 AM
Funny enough, but I never heard of that guy. I thought I follewed racing, I guess I don't really.......:shakehead

Hard Driver
09-21-06, 12:52 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32698/

Not sure if he was there when Graham was there, but 53.4 soesn't seem all that good. Oh well, Dale has been loyal and has been poached of his driver two years in a row. He wasn't going to find a great replacement. Too bad though, if anyone deserves a win...

Actually, he seems to catch a lot of drivers on their way up. He should get some credit for it.

Insomniac
09-21-06, 03:09 PM
Actually, he seems to catch a lot of drivers on their way up. He should get some credit for it.

I meant at this point of the season and given the amount of notice. Dale seems like ha can take chances on younger guys that other teams don't want to do. They'd rather get a guy who someone else developed or brought to Champ Car first.