PDA

View Full Version : Ken Harshbarger, Greenfield, Ind

Spicoli
09-19-06, 04:27 PM
From Caved-in. :laugh:

Question: I just have seen the TV ratings for the IRL. They are horrible. Just another reminder of how Tony screwed things up. Tony George would be fired if he was running another company. Since my family doesn't own a speedway, I can't do anything about it besides withdraw my support the IRL. As of today, I am finished with Tony's Vision. Maybe the speedway should send all the old Indy 500 ticket holders a letter (instead of asking them to buy tickets); simply stating that Tony is sorry for the mess he has made. Maybe that will get the fans in the stands, people watching, more sponsors and most importantly my support back.
I work in Morristown, Ind., and nobody knows anything about the IRL besides me. Here is my question. Am I just missing something and Tony is doing the correct thing for my beloved open wheel racing? Am I just reluctant to change that I can’t get past 1995? Or is Tony George nothing more than a person running their family business into the ground? (Ken Harshbarger, Greenfield, Ind.)

Answer: Morristown is home to my old friend Brady Adkins. As for TV ratings, another friend of mine points out that the IRL’s aren’t a lot different than the WNBA. That’s got to hurt at the home office.

Gomercide!:tony:

Wally
09-19-06, 05:05 PM
Incoming!!! :laugh:

JLMannin
09-22-06, 07:08 AM
Wow. Duped by the vision for 13 years - that beats most of us by about 13 years.

Notice he is from Greenwood - thechnically, that is outside of Marion County, so the "homeworld" fan base is still stubbornly dug in. ;)

chop456
09-22-06, 07:14 AM
Yet Cavin's afraid to answer the second part of the question.

No surprise.