Nancy
04-15-03, 11:42 AM
:(

RaceGrrl
04-15-03, 11:48 AM
Heartbreaking photo. :(

JLMannin
04-15-03, 12:25 PM
In the interview just moments after that photo, he was certainly disappointed, but composed and very professional. He thanked the team for giving him the best car and thanked the crew for the great pit stops. He did not whine about the equipment.

What is truly amazing is that at 26, he is really young, yet has eight years of CART experience.

If CART races at RA this year, Jourdain will win there. Prior to last year, some of his best career finishes have been there.

Warlock!
04-15-03, 12:29 PM
Bobby's probably just patting Michel on the back, while wondering how he can get Vasser into one of his cars for the Indy 500.

Warlock!

pchall
04-15-03, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
If CART races at RA this year, Jourdain will win there. Prior to last year, some of his best career finishes have been there.

I'd also watch out for him at Lausitzring and Fontana: he has shown very well on the big ovals in the past.

I've been following MJ since I met him and watched him work at the Mid-Ohio Open Test in 1997. After all these years as a journeyman CART driver he is at the cusp. Once he stands on the top of the podium we'll see him there many more times. And since he's only 26 now we should have him for many more years.

JLMannin
04-15-03, 12:46 PM
That is true. I was also reminded that he was leading at the paperclip late in the race and his engine blew.

pchall
04-15-03, 01:03 PM
I forgot about the paperclip deal -- I was thinking of the laps he's led on the 2.0 mile ovals in the last few years. He should have won at MIS a few of years ago.

HolyCrap
04-15-03, 03:00 PM
Bobby Rahal displays how to properly apply the popular "Sleeper Hold"

trubritz
04-15-03, 10:32 PM
Actually, I think Michel has just done his Wickerbill impression and splashed Simple Green in his left eye :D

cartmanoz
04-16-03, 12:16 AM
Heartbreaking photo. Jourdan deserved that win so much on Sunday, to be robbed so close to home just wasn't bloody fair.

But Jourdain has now proved all the critics wrong with his performances in the last year and a half. He only had to get into the right car to start showing his talents.

A win for him is just round the corner.

Foxman
04-16-03, 08:13 AM
Historically PT seems to benefit from Team Rahal woes.. Rio 1997 comes to mind, Bobby dominates the race only to run out of fuel on the last lap - PT wins. Jourdain is knocking on the door, he'll get his soon enough.