PDA

View Full Version : EARL to M-O?

Bitter John
09-16-06, 04:50 PM
I currently live in Mindy, but came back this weekend.
Heard 5 teams testing Monday and Tuesday.
Honda supposedly "wants" them there. Ethanol engine test or track test for schedule???
Can't confirm or deny.... Did I miss a Zer0 update?
Multiple peeps mentioned. I hope only 1 drunk started it all.....

Bad enough champ car can't be there, but god damn....:flame:

dando
09-16-06, 05:04 PM
Great. If true, I'll prolly hear the farting sounds and hour south of MO. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
09-16-06, 05:54 PM
If this happens, I truly will weep. Only thing being worse than not being able to go to Mid-Ohio every summer in August would be knowing that the earl is racing there. I would be truly sad. :(

rosawendel
09-16-06, 07:00 PM
ALMS will always give me a reason to go (although the track seems a little bit small for it).

stroker
09-16-06, 10:41 PM
Sounds like the perfect venue for gutless, brakeless, over-downforced cars.

Lizzerd
09-16-06, 11:36 PM
I've gone to every CART/ChampCar race at M-O since 1993 (the year of The Nigel), and one ALMS race. I hated seeing it off our schedule, but the prospect of the Idiot Racing League going there is nauseating. Count on me NOT attending if they do.

Hameroids
09-16-06, 11:43 PM
http://www.ohiodnr.com/OhioSeis/images/osn_banner.gif

September 15, 2006

Seismologists reported a series of small tremors in the North Central part of the state earlier this week. While concerned initially, officials calmed when they discovered teams from the Indy Racing League had been testing at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in nearby Lexington, and attributed the probable cause of the seismic activity to former track owner and die-hard CART supporter Jim Trueman spinning violently in his grave.

"The folks in Indianapolis tipped us off, and advised us not to worry. They said old Tony Hulman has been shakin' Marion County like a leaf every racing season since 1994."

extramundane
09-17-06, 12:00 AM
But if Danicle hits the same bump as Joey Hand she'll fly right into victory lane! :tony:

Lizzerd
09-17-06, 12:23 AM
http://www.ohiodnr.com/OhioSeis/images/osn_banner.gif

September 15, 2006

Seismologists reported a series of small tremors in the North Central part of the state earlier this week. While concerned initially, officials calmed when they discovered teams from the Indy Racing League had been testing at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in nearby Lexington, and attributed the probable cause of the seismic activity to former track owner and die-hard CART supporter Jim Trueman spinning violently in his grave.

"The folks in Indianapolis tipped us off, and advised us not to worry. They said old Tony Hulman has been shakin' Marion County like a leaf every racing season since 1994."

:thumbup:

nissan gtp
09-17-06, 08:38 AM
I wish M-O would move the ALMS race to summer vacation time so I could go.

Sean O'Gorman
09-17-06, 08:47 PM
I was actually thinking about this last night, and I'm for it. I definitely would not go, and I hope no one else does too, but at the very least, it puts Mid-Ohio back on the open wheel map as a potential venue should the merger ever occur, and that is reason enough for me to be ok with it.

Spicoli
09-17-06, 08:54 PM
I was actually thinking about this last night, and I'm for it. I definitely would not go, and I hope no one else does too, but at the very least, it puts Mid-Ohio back on the open wheel map as a potential venue should the merger ever occur, and that is reason enough for me to be ok with it.

why do you even bother posting **** like this?:shakehead

Seriously.

Look - this is honda's "track" or at least that's how they look at it. What needs to happen is they hold the race and no one go. period./

Sean O'Gorman
09-17-06, 08:54 PM
What needs to happen is they hold the race and no one go. period./

Isn't that what I just said?

Spicoli
09-17-06, 09:12 PM
Isn't that what I just said?

No.

Oh, nrevermind. I'm going to watch my movie now.

RusH
09-17-06, 09:28 PM
bkeske must be having multiple...err :rofl:

racer2c
09-17-06, 10:15 PM
No.

Movie!??! The Skins and Cowboys are on!

Oh, and I though the the chicky who owns the joint was bulldozing it for some apartment complexes. (?)

Tifosi24
09-17-06, 10:46 PM
No.

Actually, I am pretty sure that is exactly what he just said. I know he is O'Gorman, but at least cut him some slack ;) .