PDA

View Full Version : New Schedule

Spicoli
09-16-06, 07:54 AM
Should be out the 27th. lotsa new venues. Vegas and Phoenix are a go. china - go. Yurp - go - Assen & someplace in Germany. No RA return as of yet. :bummerski: But I'll bet KK makes it happen, especially if we all show up like we say we are.

:rumor: > :strong:

no promises, the thread is just here for speculation, don't you know. E I E I O. Fee Fi Fo Fum. Rat-a-tat-tat.

ymmv.:gomer:

NismoZ
09-16-06, 08:05 AM
Word is CC/RA will move back to the "more traditional" August date, perhaps teamed with ALMS. PLEASE let's not get too worked up over gate size next weekend...even if the weather is perfect. I'd hate to think the '07 date is contingent upon a specific figure from next weekend. I think it was the only opening to stick the race when the late decision was finally made and the focus will be on a better '07 placement. Go RA/CC...and ALMS(?)

KLang
09-16-06, 08:20 AM
I'm guessing they are waiting to see if RA holds up their end of whatever terms are in place for this year. I think they understand the importance of RA to the fans as the race is on for this year.

NismoZ
09-16-06, 08:23 AM
Take a lap at the "Oscherslaben" post:) ...other speculation, some from within the League Chicagoland paddock, says the shared events idea is not dead and Vegas and Long Beach are being mentioned along with Sonoma, now. That's Aug. and would conflict with a possible RA adjustment. I can't believe a better Aug. 26th RA date would be sacrificed to do a share job in Ca.:shakehead ...but there might be a (common) reason why both groups have delayed schedule announcements?

Spicoli
09-16-06, 08:39 AM
shared dates?:tony:

mega - stooopid idear.:thumdown:

KLang
09-16-06, 09:31 AM

Yep, I'll never attend a race where crapwagons are running. :yuck:

diamond dave
09-16-06, 10:20 AM
:thumdown: I don't understand what a "shared" weekend would accomplish:confused:
besides defining who shows up for which "side" on their race day.

Sonoma over a RA date:flame: ppplllease.

extramundane
09-16-06, 10:20 AM
Word is CC/RA will move back to the "more traditional" August date, perhaps teamed with ALMS. PLEASE let's not get too worked up over gate size next weekend...even if the weather is perfect. I'd hate to think the '07 date is contingent upon a specific figure from next weekend. I think it was the only opening to stick the race when the late decision was finally made and the focus will be on a better '07 placement. Go RA/CC...and ALMS(?)

A joint CC/ALMS weekend would be worth it, if only to see the epic meltdown of "Gerry Forsythe is out to screw us!" contingent of ALMS forum-ers. :tony:

KLang
09-16-06, 10:31 AM
A joint CC/ALMS weekend would be worth it, if only to see the epic meltdown of "Gerry Forsythe is out to screw us!" contingent of ALMS forum-ers. :tony:

Were there any complaints after the Houston double-header this year? From the stands, the weekend seemed to be a success.

extramundane
09-16-06, 10:46 AM
Were there any complaints after the Houston double-header this year? From the stands, the weekend seemed to be a success.

Plenty of complaints from the forum-ers. Not so many from teams/series management. There's a large contingent of ALMS-ers who refuse to accept that their preferred series, while perhaps better off than CC at the moment, isn't exactly the model for prosperity. They refuse to believe that, since both series' fanbases overlap to a fair degree, having them run the same weekend is extra incentive for crowd turnout. Instead, they see it as broke-down ChampCar riding ALMS coat-tails, because, y'know, that extra .1 rating point and additional 4-5 cars keeps Kalkhoven & Forsythe awake at night. :gomer:

Whereas people like me, who couldn't afford two trips to RA, see it as a chance to see two series I like (before the wolf of oblivion laps at their doors) in one shot. But I've been told over there that I'm not a real fan, so what do I know?

Rob
09-16-06, 01:24 PM
If you guys see KK at the race next weekend, make sure you thank him for bringing Champ Car back to Road America and let him know how important it is to you.

RTKar
09-16-06, 01:59 PM
Should be out the 27th. lotsa new venues. Vegas and Phoenix are a go. china - go. Yurp - go - Assen & someplace in Germany. No RA return as of yet. :bummerski: But I'll bet KK makes it happen, especially if we all show up like we say we are.

:rumor: > :strong:

no promises, the thread is just here for speculation, don't you know. E I E I O. Fee Fi Fo Fum. Rat-a-tat-tat.

ymmv.:gomer:

Can't imagine CC abandoning the upper midwest by not running either Milwaukee OR Road America, unless of course there's a Chicago street race that we haven't heard about :rolleyes:

formulaben
09-16-06, 02:40 PM

Care to explain why? The way I see it, sponsors want butts in the seats and eyeballs tuned in to the broadcast. A double-header accomplishes the former and just might bring in some crossover fans.

racer2c
09-16-06, 02:49 PM
I can't wait to book my flights to China, Germany and Japan..

:)

FCYTravis
09-16-06, 04:10 PM
But I've been told over there that I'm not a real fan, so what do I know?
:rofl:

TKGAngel
09-16-06, 06:22 PM
Care to explain why? The way I see it, sponsors want butts in the seats and eyeballs tuned in to the broadcast. A double-header accomplishes the former and just might bring in some crossover fans.

If I'm buying a three-day race ticket, I'm going to sit in my seat and watch the races. I would consider an IRL race more along the lines of an Atlantics or other feeder series: not what I'm necessarily there to see, but giving me extra bang for my buck.

cameraman
09-16-06, 07:19 PM
I was under the impression that the shared date at RA was with to be shared with the ALMS not crapwagons:confused:

KLang
09-16-06, 07:54 PM
I was under the impression that the shared date at RA was with to be shared with the ALMS not crapwagons:confused:

That is the rumor. I think the shared dates crap is just the press pushing the merger CRAP again.

stroker
09-16-06, 10:46 PM
I better not see Ansan on that mofo again.

Let's hope RA turns into:

Everybody else is just green...
Have you seen the charts?
It could be made into a monster--
if we all pull together as a team.....

:laugh:

NismoZ
09-17-06, 12:12 AM
Correct, C-man...NO mention of the League sharing RA with CC. The 3 mentioned most often are Long Beach, Vegas and Sonoma. I think it's all old news based on CC teams also running IMS in League equipment and if that idea is as dead as I think it is the shared weekend plan probably is too. Don't know why TG would want to illustrate so clearly how much slower his ever changing vision is with such side by side comparisons, especially if he doesn't get additional (CC) teams to shore up the I500.

Lizzerd
09-17-06, 12:26 AM
I better not see Ansan on that mofo again.

Let's hope RA turns into:

Everybody else is just green...
Have you seen the charts?
It could be made into a monster--
if we all pull together as a team.....

:laugh:

Welcome to the Machine...

Gnam
09-17-06, 02:19 AM
Correct, C-man...NO mention of the League sharing RA with CC. The 3 mentioned most often are Long Beach, Vegas and Sonoma.Sonoma and San Jose? Why would that be allowed to work, but not Milwaukee and RA?

If FTG is demanding one of the shared events happen on EARL's turf, I hope KK asks for St. Pete.

coolhand
09-17-06, 03:47 AM
I don't see RA comming back next year, especially if some of these "new" venues trump the date.

GOFAST1
09-17-06, 08:21 AM
mistake

GOFAST1
09-17-06, 08:22 AM
RA should be a Memorial day race for Champcar and f....irl , merger etc.

nissan gtp
09-17-06, 08:34 AM
I don't see RA comming back next year, especially if some of these "new" venues trump the date.

I hope you are wrong. RA is the soul of the series.

pchall
09-17-06, 10:15 AM
I don't see the IRL doubleheader nonsense coming together. If any IRL teams need to run at Las Vegas or Long Beach to satisfy the needs of their sponsors they can buy a couple of DP01s and mail in the entry and fee. :p

TurboV8
09-17-06, 10:37 AM
RA should be a Memorial day race for Champcar and f....irl , merger etc.

Memorial Day at RA would be great but every hotel room in the state of Wisconsin is booked up for the summer and it gets even worse on holiday weekends. You would be lucky to find a room in Milwaukee.

Gary
09-17-06, 05:59 PM
shared dates?:tony: mega - stooopid idear.:thumdown:Care to explain why? The way I see it, sponsors want butts in the seats and eyeballs tuned in to the broadcast. A double-header accomplishes the former and just might bring in some crossover fans.At any shared venues, CC's presence will be mega-overwhelmed by the Honda/IRL/IMS PR money. They'll make a point of it. You may look at the IRL race as 2nd billing to CC, but the general racing public will be made to think the opposite. It would be a very dangerous move for CC, with not much in the way of positives.

formulaben
09-17-06, 10:11 PM
At any shared venues, CC's presence will be mega-overwhelmed by the Honda/IRL/IMS PR money. They'll make a point of it. You may look at the IRL race as 2nd billing to CC, but the general racing public will be made to think the opposite. It would be a very dangerous move for CC, with not much in the way of positives.

I should have been more clear: I was referring to Nizmo and Mundane's comments about a CC/ALMS doubleheader. As for teaming with the EARL, I say no way until some form of a (legal) contracted merger is set, if at all...

Indy
09-18-06, 04:35 AM
I'm guessing they are waiting to see if RA holds up their end of whatever terms are in place for this year. I think they understand the importance of RA to the fans as the race is on for this year.

You mean like Milwaukee?

KLang
09-18-06, 09:46 AM
You mean like Milwaukee?

No, I don't think it is like Milwaukee at all. It doesn't make sense, to me at least and I expect to Champ Car, to develop the oval bits for the new car if there is only one oval available. Given that Milwaukee is gone for the time being, it makes even more sense to continue to run at RA so they have a race in the upper midwest.

Andrew Longman
09-18-06, 10:58 AM
The prospect of no RA has me in a panic. I had every intention of going this year from the the day they announced it but had to make a decision last Friday that I just couldn't do it this year (I just left my job).

The prospect that this might be the last year makes me sick. CC must be there.

Indy
09-18-06, 06:00 PM
The prospect of no RA has me in a panic. I had every intention of going this year from the the day they announced it but had to make a decision last Friday that I just couldn't do it this year (I just left my job).

The prospect that this might be the last year makes me sick. CC must be there.

I am with you. As I thought about this, I realized my interest was about 40% ovals, 40% roads, 10% airports, and 10% streets. I am down to 60%, and RA & Portland would be the death blow.

A street racing series is a series with few real fans.

coolhand
09-18-06, 10:13 PM
If the rumors are true, we will see alot more RC's next year.

JLMannin
09-18-06, 11:08 PM
I assume the Pheonix date would be a street circuit and not the oval?

SteveH
09-18-06, 11:56 PM
^ assumed correctly

Spicoli
09-19-06, 07:32 AM
To be clear:

share dates

CCWS + ALMS? Cool
CCWS + EARL? Not so cool.

rocket
09-19-06, 08:04 AM
UhYep:D