PDA

View Full Version : Senseless Bleating

pchall
09-15-06, 10:51 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/OPINION/609150335/-1/ZONES04

You might want to cover your eyes while you read this, but the Indy Star has an editorial (the real deal, not just a commentary on the sports page) pleading for "mergification".

:tony: <--- wearing opaque glasses

racer2c
09-15-06, 10:57 AM
Our position: IRL and Champ Car need to end their feud and join forces before they are lapped by NASCAR .

Um...:gomer:

rabbit
09-15-06, 11:06 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: on the thread title. :laugh:

dando
09-15-06, 11:10 AM
Maybe Fred Nation can help :tony: with the big words in this piece. :gomer:

-Kevin

Spicoli
09-15-06, 11:16 AM
Many of the differences that led to their divorce no longer exist

Utter, complete nonsensical BULLSH!lT.

the one thing that will end this forever is fTG taking a long walk off a short pier.:flame:

It all comes down to ___king Tony.:shakehead

Tony George
09-15-06, 11:42 AM
"Both groups drive on oval and racecourse tracks." wtf is a racecourse track? Does this paper only employ morons? :gomer: :tony:

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 12:05 PM
What is tell the Star that today is the day when their opinion on this subject matters?

Aside from the fact that few of their readers, even in Indy, could care less, its a week after the last IRL race, a week before the next CC race, neither party is talking merger anytime soon, and there is lots of silliness going on in Washington about immigration and the Geneva convention that they could/should be editorializing.

At best, this was something they could have chimed in on in June when CC and the IRL really were talking merger.

racer2c
09-15-06, 12:21 PM
What is tell the Star that today is the day when their opinion on this subject matters?

Aside from the fact that few of their readers, even in Indy, could care less, its a week after the last IRL race, a week before the next CC race, neither party is talking merger anytime soon, and there is lots of silliness going on in Washington about immigration and the Geneva convention that they could/should be editorializing.

At best, this was something they could have chimed in on in June when CC and the IRL really were talking merger.

I guess they figure, "what else does Tony have to do?".

Spicoli
09-15-06, 12:47 PM
Does this paper only employ morons? :gomer: :tony:

Yes.

pchall
09-15-06, 12:57 PM
Utter, complete nonsensical BULLSH!lT.

the one thing that will end this forever is fTG taking a long walk off a short pier.:flame:

It all comes down to ___king Tony.:shakehead

Exactly. While Tony George wastes oxygen Segwaying through his life it will never be resolved.

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 01:23 PM
Exactly. While Tony George wastes oxygen Segwaying through his life it will never be resolved.

Funny you should mention it. I saw in today's paper that they are all being recalled. It seems they can suddenly reverse direction causing great bodily harm. Perhaps Tony doesn't read the paper.;)

G.
09-15-06, 01:26 PM
Funny you should mention it. I saw in today's paper that they are all being recalled. It seems they can suddenly reverse direction causing great bodily harm. Perhaps Tony doesn't read the paper.;)Just curious: exactly what steps does someone have to take in order to make one "suddenly reverse direction causing great bodily harm"? ;)

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 02:48 PM
Segways are recalled

Segway is recalling all 23,500 of the self-balancing scooters it has shipped because of a software glitch that can make its wheels unexpectedly reverse direction, throwing off the rider -- and in at least one incident, break some teeth.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission yesterday said consumers should stop using the vehicles immediately. Segway is cooperating on the voluntary recall.

Segway has received six reports of problems with the Personal Transporter, resulting in head and wrist injuries.

Segway is offering its customers, which include more than 150 police departments around the world, a free software upgrade to fix the problem. The upgrades will be done at Segway's 100 dealerships and service centers around the world, according to Segway spokeswoman Carla Vallone. The Bedford, N.H., company will pay to ship the devices to the appropriate center if need be.

It is the second time the scooters, which sell for about $4,000 to $5,500, have been recalled since they first went on sale in 2002. The 2003 recall involved the first 6,000 of the devices sold, and involved a problem that could cause riders to fall off the device when the battery was depleted.

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/business-4/115829962867690.xml?starledger?b&coll=1&thispage=2

TorontoWorker
09-15-06, 02:59 PM
It seems they can suddenly reverse direction causing great bodily harm.

Can we all chip in and send him one? ;)

pchall
09-15-06, 03:29 PM
Funny you should mention it. I saw in today's paper that they are all being recalled. It seems they can suddenly reverse direction causing great bodily harm. Perhaps Tony doesn't read the paper.;)

Dang. I missed something obvious. TG bought one because they handle and react just like an IRL sled!

Lizzerd
09-15-06, 03:44 PM

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/popup.asp?N=10&I=irl/2004/ric/irl-2004-ric-gg-0206.jpg&FS=IRL&SN=1_68.251.110.22:04618&S=IRL

Edit: Well, I screwed that up...

FCYTravis
09-15-06, 11:52 PM
"Before they are lapped by NASCAR" - uh, newsflash, IndyStar - they got lapped by NASCAR more than five years ago. In fact, really more like three or four laps down now. :gomer:

theunions
09-16-06, 02:38 AM
Can we all chip in and send him one? ;)

1. He already has one.
2. It should be noted that Billy Kamphausen does, too.

oddlycalm
09-16-06, 11:59 PM
Exactly. While Tony George wastes oxygen Segwaying through his life it will never be resolved. True, but I predict the topic fully revved again by March 1st of 2007 just as it has every year since the split. If nobody took the bait for a year and the senseless bleating stopped maybe the Idiot In Indiana would stop having his people float the bogus rumors.

oc

cart7
09-17-06, 08:44 AM
Um...:gomer:

At least 3 or 4 lucky dogs needed to get back on the lead lap at this point.