PDA

View Full Version : Sensless beating

Spicoli
09-14-06, 09:56 PM
I know thaT Mom and Dad don;t like the politics on other forums, but this is epic. D made a thread whereby he asked Neil micklewright from Forsythe a bunch of q's.

neil just laid him out cold and D keeps coming back for more. it's absolutely the funniest read ever. http://www.mikescomputersllc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217

:dolanwagon:

can i post the linky? do i need to? sure - why not :) OK/

http://www.mikescomputersllc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217

remove if necessary.

nissan gtp
09-14-06, 10:02 PM
d is a masochist :tony:

TorontoWorker
09-14-06, 10:02 PM
I know thaT Mom and Dad don;t like the politics on other forums, but this is epic. D made a thread whereby he asked Neil micklewright from Forsythe a bunch of q's.

neil just laid him out cold and D keeps coming back for more. it's absolutely the funniest read ever. http://www.mikescomputersllc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217

:dolanwagon:

can i post the linky? do i need to? sure - why not :) OK/

http://www.mikescomputersllc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217

remove if necessary.

It just got shut down.

Opposite Lock
09-14-06, 10:03 PM
I'm guessing most here already read it - I know I did, and it was nicely done by Neil.
:thumbup:

but IWAD.
:tony:

racer2c
09-14-06, 10:28 PM
We also appreciate you raising your level and type of participation.

Guess who.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed Neils smack down. the rest of it was tired crappy recess banter.

FanofMario
09-14-06, 11:13 PM
Truely a classic smackdown thread. This is Hall-of-Fame material!:thumbup:

trauma1
09-15-06, 10:38 AM
Truely a classic smackdown thread. This is Hall-of-Fame material!:thumbup:

D owned, pawned resold and re owned by Neil:rofl:

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 01:21 PM
Niel's comment from that thread...

It may surprise you to know that the race would have gone ahead if one last remaining engine manufacturer would have agreed to lowering the boost for that race. The manufacturer refused to do so and therefore the race was cancelled from fear of killing drivers and/or fans. The fans were let down, but I would rather let them down than harm them.

First I heard that one manufacturer balked. I wonder who that was. And I wonder what their motivation was.

Back OT. Defender truly shows his strange brand of sociopath. He obviously craves the attention he gets, and he sure is getting it.

rabbit
09-15-06, 01:44 PM
First I heard that one manufacturer balked. I wonder who that was. And I wonder what their motivation was.
My guess is TuRD. Wasn't Spacer-Gate shortly after Texas? (I may be way off on that.) Perhaps TuRD had just discovered that Ford and FHonda were cheating the pop-off valve and felt they would be at a disadvantage at a racecourse track like TMS.

/WAG

pchall
09-15-06, 02:30 PM
Niel's comment from that thread...

Back the time is was said that a boost reduction was proposed to get the lap times down to a safer zone, but the wording always suggested that all the manufacturers objected to racing without time to remap the ECUs for the lower boost.

That only one manufacturer might have objected and the "official" word just covered up to protect the reluctant party does make some sense. My ¥en is on To¥ota. ;)

Back OT: the offender formerly known as Hooter:Morgan has been demonstrating a very odd and sometimes very disturbing psychopathology since the early days of 7G. He's only gotten worse.

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 02:40 PM
My guess is TuRD. Wasn't Spacer-Gate shortly after Texas? (I may be way off on that.) Perhaps TuRD had just discovered that Ford and FHonda were cheating the pop-off valve and felt they would be at a disadvantage at a racecourse track like TMS.

/WAG

What I have a hard time understanding is that any manufacturer would think they would look worse getting beat on the track than pissing off the fans and damaging the series they are participating in.

That whole cutting nose and face thing.

pchall
09-15-06, 03:06 PM
What I have a hard time understanding is that any manufacturer would think they would look worse getting beat on the track than pissing off the fans and damaging the series they are participating in.

That whole cutting nose and face thing.

Well, cutting the nose off as a way of getting to be the big dicked Japanese manufacturer that wins the Indy 500 first does make a certain sense in the Honda/Toyota wars. Since the Texas Waring Blender 600KM was scheduled at the end of April in 2001 I'm pretty sure Toyota already had their IRL program in planning -- if not in place -- at that time. If memory serves, I was first told of a Toyota IRL test at Kentucky Speedway in the late summer of 2002.

The 500 was arguably the last big prize win for a Japanese manufacturer and the way Toyota works winning at Indy first was worth a lot. Note that Toyota quickly dropped from LeMans competition when they got beaten to the prize by lowly Mazda and that Honda has not seemed interested in racing there since it was taken off the Japanese win tote board. Now that the big prizes are gone Toyota is committed to getting into the NASCRAP winners circle first.

Spicoli
09-15-06, 03:52 PM
Well, cutting the nose off as a way of getting to be the big dicked Japanese manufacturer that wins the Indy 500 first does make a certain sense in the Honda/Toyota wars. Since the Texas Waring Blender 600KM was scheduled at the end of April in 2001 I'm pretty sure Toyota already had their IRL program in planning -- if not in place -- at that time. If memory serves, I was first told of a Toyota IRL test at Kentucky Speedway in the late summer of 2002.

The 500 was arguably the last big prize win for a Japanese manufacturer and the way Toyota works winning at Indy first was worth a lot. Note that Toyota quickly dropped from LeMans competition when they got beaten to the prize by lowly Mazda and that Honda has not seemed interested in racing there since it was taken off the Japanese win tote board. Now that the big prizes are gone Toyota is committed to getting into the NASCRAP winners circle first.

History lesson. :thumbup:

RacinM3
09-15-06, 04:41 PM

Ahhh, how refreshing it is to see a post that has so much truth....and in only two paragraphs! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-15-06, 05:53 PM
pchall,

Good post and true from my POV

Still, as a marketing guy I fail to see how taking that route won them any more fans or sold them any more cars. Maybe winning Indy did something, but disappointing Texas fans and destroying the series you are using to build a positive interest in your company is what I cal anti-marketing.

As I said, you are not likely wrong, it was just dumb on their part.

On the other hand Toyota has a lot more money than me so what do I know.

RacinM3
09-15-06, 11:52 PM
Andrew, let's not forget that once Toyota had decided to go IRL'ing, the death of CART would have been most-welcomed news to them.

Spicoli
09-16-06, 07:50 AM
pchall,

Still, as a marketing guy I fail to see how taking that route won them any more fans or sold them any more cars. Maybe winning Indy did something, but disappointing Texas fans and destroying the series you are using to build a positive interest in your company is what I cal anti-marketing.

It's not about fannage. It's about kicking Honda's ass.

Winston Wolfe
09-16-06, 01:44 PM
pchall,

A-L - good point, but you also have to think globally when you refer to Honda and Toyota. "first wins" and "most championships" etc are global challenges for these two Japan based companies, but they compete on the global scale as well. Toyota has the ability to move into #1 in sales in the US in the very near future. Collectively, Toy\Lex\Scion has outsold DCX and is so close to outselling FoMoCo it aint funny....
Toyota has credit for so many underhanded shinanigans, it aint funny... their motorsports record aside.... they will do anything to "claim" a #1....:thumdown:

oddlycalm
09-16-06, 11:47 PM
it was just dumb on their part. Agreed, but this kinda warfare like posture is part of how the Japanese keiretsu systematically exploit, fragment, then eventually dominate (or destroy) every market they enter. Sorry, way OT but fundamental to the understanding of the why of it.

BTW, pchall nailed it. No interest in D or his endless and senseless blathering, but Neil's reply was interesting as it was informed.

oc

eiregosod
09-17-06, 11:43 PM
sept 2005 , big D gets taken to the cleaners by neil M.
sept 200, big d gets taken to the cleaners by neil M.

JT265
09-18-06, 12:05 AM
sept 2005 , big D gets taken to the cleaners by neil M.
sept 200, big d gets taken to the cleaners by neil M.

You left out the 6 Sod, so here's one of mine. :cool:

eiregosod
09-18-06, 12:20 AM
You left out the 6 Sod, so here's one of mine. :cool:

small d will make the same mistake in 2007 as well :D