PDA

View Full Version : Autosport reporting no Franchitti, RuSport to only run 1 car

Tim
09-13-06, 03:11 PM
No point in posting a link because you have to pay. You can see it on the front page.

Pretty lame move to only run 1 car almost 2 months after the accident. 16 cars around RA is going to be way too thin.

racer2c
09-13-06, 03:16 PM
RuSPORT team president Jeremy Dale would not be drawn on the circumstances of the collapse of the talks. He said: "It's unfortunate, but we have in the mean time opened other avenues for filling that seat for [the final two rounds] Surfers Paradise and Mexico City."

CART 500
09-13-06, 03:19 PM
http://www.rusport.com/news/read/rusport-to-enter-one-car-in-champ-car-grand-prix-of-road-america#read_more

TKGAngel
09-13-06, 03:36 PM
Did they want Franchitti for DaMatta dollars?

I'm also wondering if Mikey A pitched a nutty about Dario jumping ship so quickly.

racer2c
09-13-06, 03:43 PM

I'm also wondering if Mikey A pitched a nutty about Dario jumping ship so quickly.

It sounds like Dashly wanted the ride next year and at Honda money pay.

Tim
09-13-06, 03:48 PM
Rusport used to be my favorite but I'm not so sure now. Firing AJ and not filling a seat thats been open for 6 weeks makes me wonder if they even care.

racer2c
09-13-06, 03:56 PM
Rusport used to be my favorite but I'm not so sure now. Firing AJ and not filling a seat thats been open for 6 weeks makes me wonder if they even care.

Devils advocate: AJ was a baby and Dario is a primadonna. Getting an Atlantics rookie in for the last two races is cooler than Dario IMO.

Turn7
09-13-06, 04:22 PM
Pupo's being paid be CC to drive.
Put him in that car and tell him to drive and don't wreck jackdiddlesnot.

If nothing else, it'd be like having Hiro back on the track and some good passing could be setup becuase of the moving chicane.:thumbup:

Turn7
09-13-06, 04:25 PM

If they care about what????

Do you know the details? Do you know who is paying the bills for ,,,,,chris's,,,,, family to be in Wiscansin? Do you know how much is going out of pocket for an injured driver? Do you know they aren't doing everything possible for the team and for the series?

Spicoli
09-13-06, 04:26 PM
Devils advocate: AJ was a baby and Dario is a primadonna. Getting an Atlantics rookie in for the last two races is cooler than Dario IMO.

I agree. **** both of them.:flame:

:ready for wednesdaybeers:

Rus'L
09-13-06, 04:45 PM
No point in posting a link because you have to pay. You can see it on the front page.

Pretty lame move to only run 1 car almost 2 months after the accident. 16 cars around RA is going to be way too thin.

I believe Kasemets returns in the second Rocketsports car, so there should be 17 at RA.

extramundane
09-13-06, 05:00 PM
I believe Kasemets returns in the second Rocketsports car, so there should be 17 at RA.

Two Rocketsports cars < 1 RuSport car.

TKGAngel
09-13-06, 05:01 PM

coughRahalcough

NismoZ
09-13-06, 05:35 PM
Rahal is driving for N/H this week I think and a two-off at RA is not a good thing if one is looking to win the 2 mil. Maybe "on loan" for the last two rounds? Mad Mario is not real popular with Coyne right now, because of his bad mouthing about the Mexican round, so DC may be looking for a driver also! If Mario is to race it may be at Rocketsports!:eek: I agree though, less than 18 at RA will be a disappointment. 28 next year...plenty of room!:D

Tim
09-13-06, 06:59 PM
Everybody always tells me Carl has tons of money so why wouldn't he be spending it now? I figured with the outlook for DaMatta being so awesome right now they wouldn't hesitate to put someone in the car for 3 races. Why they wasted all the time on a half-assed whiney Scotsman is beyond me.

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-06, 07:17 PM
Everybody always tells me Carl has tons of money so why wouldn't he be spending it now?

Because millionaires don't like spending their own money on racing when others in the paddock are getting paid to race.

RTKar
09-13-06, 07:20 PM
Everybody always tells me Carl has tons of money so why wouldn't he be spending it now? I figured with the outlook for DaMatta being so awesome right now they wouldn't hesitate to put someone in the car for 3 races. Why they wasted all the time on a half-assed whiney Scotsman is beyond me.

Hater....:cool:

Opposite Lock
09-13-06, 09:53 PM
coughRahalcough

Or coughSimoncough.;)

Can’t raid the championship frontrunners. So who’s left? How ‘bout young Jack Osbourne-Philippe?

Or, since we already thought about IRL legends like Dashley, how ‘bout givin’ Markup Andretti a little seat time, now that the earl’s condensed season has run out? I’m sure his grand-dad wouldn’t mind. Or one of the other hot new AGR shoes, like AJIV, or that chick with the black-and-blue car? Who want$a ride at Road America?:irked:

Or Frankie Muniz? :eek: :runs:

Maybe it’s just as well to leave Cristiano’s ride unfilled.:(

Fio1
09-14-06, 12:29 AM
why would they even pick dario in the first place? there are so many better drivers around that are available. secondly, who does dario think he is asking a ridiculous amount of money, ashley judd? :shakehead

Insomniac
09-14-06, 06:37 AM
How many times has he been close to coming back? This dance is getting old. If he's not in a Champ Car in 07 then I'm not going to comment on any Dario news/speculation unless he's driving a CC. (I know, bold words. :))

mueber
09-14-06, 07:56 AM

Bingo fer cryin' out loud. The folks at RUSPORT, as well as everyone else, need to take the long view. Stick any of the half dozen Atlantics standouts who are wasting their lives in GrandAm, put him in the car, and see what he can do. It will be good for everyone.

oddlycalm
09-14-06, 02:37 PM
Bringing Franchitti would have been an expensive exercise that would have brought nothing to Russo or the series. The future of the series is with the best of the young drivers. Since they announced they aren't going to grid the car until after RA it could be one of the current Atlantic drivers.

oc

doppelganger
09-15-06, 05:53 PM
I have to agree with Tim. Rusport has had more than enough time to fill the seat. More cars on the track at Road America can only be a good thing. There are plenty of drivers willing to drive that car.

TurboV8
09-16-06, 11:28 AM

Hi everybody, I'm not new here. I've been around, many of you knew me as "alexzanardi" way back on the old site but I've never posted on this site before.

I was in the paddock last weekend at Chicagoland (free tickets of course).

Dashley was being a good team player by taking AJ Foyt (the 34th or whatever) under his wing, wearing his official racing fire suit and kissing Mikeys' a#@ all weekend. He already looked like his old self again, jumping on his scooter and speeding away to avoid little kids who were patiently waiting for his autograph.

Dashley is a spineless P.O.S. and is in the EARL where he belongs!

F- the Franchittis'!
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/darioajjpeg.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=darioajjpeg.jpg) http://images6.theimagehosting.com/dariochicagojpeg.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=dariochicagojpeg.jpg)

chop456
09-16-06, 11:38 AM
Good to see you, dude. :thumbup:

Bloody marys this year? :D

TurboV8
09-16-06, 11:58 AM
Good to see you, dude. :thumbup:

Bloody marys this year? :D

I'm bringing bloody marys for sure, but with a new bartender ;) . (I divorced from the old bartender :rofl: ). It's her first trip to RA.

We'll pay a visit to you guys in turn 2.

Party on!

RTKar
09-16-06, 11:59 AM
Hi everybody, I'm not new here. I've been around, many of you knew me as "alexzanardi" way back on the old site but I've never posted on this site before.

Wow!! ...been awhile :thumbsup:

CART 500
09-16-06, 12:32 PM
I'm bringing bloody marys for sure, but with a new bartender ;) . (I divorced from the old bartender :rofl: ). It's her first trip to RA.

We'll pay a visit to you guys in turn 2.

Party on!

Thornton Il. ? were almost neighbors :cool:

racer2c
09-16-06, 12:35 PM

I was in the paddock last weekend at Chicagoland (free tickets of course).

Dashley was being a good team player by taking AJ Foyt (the 34th or whatever) under his wing, wearing his official racing fire suit and kissing Mikeys' a#@ all weekend. He already looked like his old self again, jumping on his scooter and speeding away to avoid little kids who were patiently waiting for his autograph.

Dashley is a spineless P.O.S. and is in the EARL where he belongs!

F- the Franchittis'!
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/darioajjpeg.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=darioajjpeg.jpg) http://images6.theimagehosting.com/dariochicagojpeg.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=dariochicagojpeg.jpg)

:thumbup: :rofl: