PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hater orphanage?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Turn7
09-12-06, 11:02 AM
:\

Spicoli
09-12-06, 11:04 AM
STFU you big baby. :tony:

Turn7
09-12-06, 11:06 AM
^^too much hate for me.

You win.

SteveH
09-12-06, 11:24 AM
might be

too much pr0n? :eek: :rofl:

skidmarks
09-12-06, 11:38 AM
You broke it.

:cry:

Ziggy
09-12-06, 03:29 PM
If I were not having a worse enough day

Im pretty sure the fuel pump went out of my truck at 5ive thirty this morning. It's raining cats and dogs, and I have to pull the bed off of it as it has 25 gallons of gas in the tank. To top that off, the new pump is only three hundred and fifty dollars:rolleyes:

did I mention it is raining? I have the garage cleaned out enough to stick 3/4's of the truck inside (it never would fit in there, being an extended cab) but seeing how it wont start..........

big fun

Joelski
09-12-06, 03:36 PM

Im pretty sure the fuel pump went out of my truck at 5ive thirty this morning. It's raining cats and dogs, and I have to pull the bed off of it as it has 25 gallons of gas in the tank. To top that off, the new pump is only three hundred and fifty dollars:rolleyes:

did I mention it is raining? I have the garage cleaned out enough to stick 3/4's of the truck inside (it never would fit in there, being an extended cab) but seeing how it wont start..........

big fun

$350 for a fuel pump?!!! Is it gold plated?

I'd help ya siphon it, but I done filled my all my cans up for cheap (relative term). :gomer:

nissan gtp
09-12-06, 03:58 PM
at least I can still post here :gomer:

Turn7
09-12-06, 03:59 PM
Pick-A-Part!

Joelski
09-12-06, 04:00 PM
at least I can still post here :gomer:

Yeah, where do I donate? :gomer:

Don Quixote
09-12-06, 04:04 PM
big fun
Bummer. Cars only break in the rain or cold. On top of all this someone's trying to knock out all your teefs! Good luck with that mess Ziggy.

Turn7
09-12-06, 04:05 PM

big fun

Make sure you rule out the relay and fuse. I know you're a big boy and can think for yourself but, with it raining, something could have gotten wet and grounded out.

dando
09-12-06, 04:37 PM
It's more like a hater daycare. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Joelski
09-12-06, 06:55 PM
Zig tubbed it. :tony:

WickerBill
09-12-06, 06:57 PM
Bummer. Cars only break in the rain or cold. .

You've forgotten lonely desert highways in early August at 1pm.

/thermostat on rental

Opposite Lock
09-12-06, 07:11 PM
Yeah, where do I donate? :gomer:

Say, I never noticed this before, but virtually everyone here has their name in green!
:gomer:

Lizzerd
09-12-06, 07:36 PM
Let's say you were on your way to a job interview (early, fortunately), and you stop for gas. You're driving in your brother's truck that you borrowed and stop for gas on the way. You are in your best suit and clean as a whistle. Go to start the truck to drive away... nothing. No electrics, no radio. Dead. You don't know this truck well, so it might be a recurring problem. You try to call your brother, but your cell phone is 99% dead. He's at work and 90 miles away, so after fiddling with the shift lever, key switch, anything else you can figure, you pop the hood, and fiddle with the battery terminals. Oh sweet joy! The damn thing started, but you're ten minutes away from an appointment in five minutes.

As a side story, suppose you are an avid bowler and it's the night before your interview is league night, and it starts in two hours. You realize that both of your high tech personally drilled bowling balls (and shoes, and tape, and towell, and deck of cards, and wrist brace and elbow brace) are in the trunk of your car... 90 miles away. You'd have to dig an old ball out of a closet, go to the lanes early to get the thumb hole reamed out because your thumb has grown in the last 15 years, and rent shoes. Consequently, your scores suck that evening.

RichK
09-12-06, 07:45 PM
get the thumb hole reamed out

Ouch. :(

Hardpoint
09-12-06, 07:49 PM
Go to start the truck to drive away... nothing. No electrics, no radio. Dead.

Check the integration relay. :flame:

Lizzerd
09-12-06, 08:10 PM
Check the integration relay. :flame:

Why you flamin' me? It wasn't my trailer! :D

And a loose battery terminal connection is a helluva lot cheaper, too.

flobee1kenobi
09-12-06, 08:11 PM
:rofl:
Why you flamin' me? It wasn't my trailer! :D

must be lots of bad memories there.....

Turn7
09-12-06, 08:37 PM
Ziggy,

If you had your Hossier hat on, it would've been fixed by now. :p :p :p

Turn7
09-12-06, 08:42 PM
You've forgotten lonely desert highways in early August at 1pm.

/thermostat on rental

mmmmmm bbq'ed iguana!

Twisty Bits
09-12-06, 08:45 PM
This day will forever live in infamy. :rolleyes:

Kahauna Dreamer
09-12-06, 08:53 PM
Your favorite rolling-eye smilie sucks

nrc
09-12-06, 08:59 PM

Im pretty sure the fuel pump went out of my truck at 5ive thirty this morning.Call JiffyLube and see if Biff can come hava a look at it. :)

Turn7
09-12-06, 09:03 PM
Call JiffyLube and see if Biff can come hava a look at it. :)

Ziggy,

I called Bif and asked if he knew what might be wrong. I wasn't in when he called back but, he left this (http://home.earthlink.net/~joebobzen/wavs/Autorepair.wav) message on how to fix it.

Twisty Bits
09-12-06, 09:04 PM
****, ****, ****ity ****!

datachicane
09-12-06, 09:07 PM
Bummer. Cars only break in the rain or cold.

August.
Road trip from wet, cool Oregon to visit wife's family in Kansas.
Beater '65 Mustang convertible, no AC (of course), world-class sunburns established by Utah state line. Developed a pinky-sized hole in water pump somewhere near Evanston, Wyoming, Sunday morning. Temperature already over 100 F. Drive fifty miles with heater blowing full blast until engine heats up, shut down and let cool, refill with water from rapidly diminishing supply now off-limits for human consumption, repeat until finding a sympathetic guy in a truck stop in Cheyenne who let me use his tools. 356 miles straight out of Dante's Inferno. I lost ten pounds that day and thought I was going to die.

(Still not as scary as the same stretch, same trip, same car the following year when an obliging truck driver thought he would pass several hours by recreating some of the more memorable sequences from 'Duel', substituting a certain long-haired hippy driving said convertible for Dennis Weaver. Started to run out of gas in Laramie, gulped and pulled into a truck stop, followed closely by the same truck. Wife and I each headed for the bathrooms, truck driver hops out and follow me in, leans against door of stall I'm in and lights- and smokes- entire cigarette without saying a word. :eek: I finish and open door, consigned to a shallow grave in the desert. Truck driver walks up behind me as I wash my hands, says "Nice car", turns and leaves. :saywhat: )

Kahauna Dreamer
09-12-06, 09:09 PM
You broke it.

Steve broke the internet!?!

:yuck: :shakehead :laugh: :rofl:

Twisty Bits
09-12-06, 09:14 PM
Oh well, let's git drunk.:thumbup:

skidmarks
09-12-06, 09:28 PM
Teh token ring dun falled out of the innerweb. :cry:

Kahauna Dreamer
09-12-06, 09:31 PM

:thumbup: yes! :thumbup:

nissan gtp
09-12-06, 09:35 PM

if you insist :dood:

CheeverFan
09-12-06, 09:38 PM
AC'ordig to my sorce's CASCAR is responable for the maofuncton.

Turn7
09-12-06, 09:39 PM
AC'ordig to my sorce's CASCAR is responable for the maofuncton.

prolly Miller's fault.

matthole
09-12-06, 09:41 PM
Is the Darryl Manning forum still open? :gomer:

Hardpoint
09-12-06, 09:43 PM
This thread both rocks and sucks simultaneously. :confused:

SteveH
09-12-06, 09:44 PM
mmmmmm bbq'ed iguana!

I wish I were in Tijuana eating barbecued iguana.

Ziggy
09-12-06, 09:51 PM
not as bad as the asstard that designed the little metal keepers inside the GM quick disconnect fittings on the fuel pump discharge and return of my truck. Tore one up getting it off (the return) and NOBODY has ever seen one like it. My truck was a Nov 97 build and came in later that same month. It's a '98...... I bet they only used these keepers on about the first 5000 or so '98's the built, then switched over to the ones everyone knows about, plastic.

Going to Chevrolet tomorrow, I really hope they have one:confused:

Yes, I checked the relay out. Checked out the fuel filter. Shot gas inside the throttle body and the truck starts. The fuel pump however, never came to life. I took the bed off in about 35 minutes. It's good to have metric impact sockets. The entire job could have been done in under three hours had it not been for the metal clip I trashed trying to remove the fuel lines. I compressed the four tangs with scriber and small screwdriver, yet the lower one (180') caught and bent out straight. After messing around with minuature needle nose in a vain attempt to bend it back to it's original form, I gave up as the metal had fatigued and it was going on eight PM.

tis da suck

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should have called radio shack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RTKar
09-12-06, 09:52 PM
Steve broke the internet!?!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nissan gtp
09-12-06, 09:54 PM
it's almost there ;)

Hardpoint
09-12-06, 09:56 PM
Fearless leader is on the job. :gomer:

rabbit
09-12-06, 10:00 PM
Hmm, I'd like to adopt an orphan. But they're all just so cute, it's hard to decide.

Lizzerd
09-12-06, 10:09 PM
:rofl:

must be lots of bad memories there.....

Must be... but not mine. I had a blast. :D

Hardpoint
09-12-06, 10:10 PM
Must be... but not mine. I had a blast. :D

You own stock in Pep Boys, huh? :D

Kahauna Dreamer
09-12-06, 10:18 PM
and probably Rachel's Gourmet Potato Chips and Northern Lights.com, too!

skidmarks
09-12-06, 10:19 PM
not as bad as the asstard that designed the little metal keepers inside the GM quick disconnect fittings on the fuel pump discharge and return of my truck. Tore one up getting it off (the return) and NOBODY has ever seen one like it. My truck was a Nov 97 build and came in later that same month. It's a '98...... I bet they only used these keepers on about the first 5000 or so '98's the built, then switched over to the ones everyone knows about, plastic.

Yes, I checked the relay out. Checked out the fuel filter. Shot gas inside the throttle body and the truck starts. The fuel pump however, never came to life. I took the bed off in about 35 minutes. It's good to have metric impact sockets. The entire job could have been done in under three hours had it not been for the metal clip I trashed trying to remove the fuel lines. I compressed the four tangs with scriber and small screwdriver, yet the lower one (180') caught and bent out straight. After messing around with minuature needle nose in a vain attempt to bend it back to it's original form, I gave up as the metal had fatigued and it was going on eight PM.

tis da suck

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should have called radio shack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What was wrong with good ol' rubber hose and a nice V-band? F'n progress my ass.

Lizzerd
09-12-06, 10:20 PM

Nah, but it was fun hauling you around for firewood and stuff.

pfc_m_drake
09-12-06, 10:51 PM

It's difficult to tell from your description - but let me say this: I had a 1999 Malibu that sounds like it used the same type of keeper ring. On the malibu it was inside of the female portion of the fuel line, and takes the place of the twin-tab plastic disconnect on the fuel filter.

Anyhow, long story short, what I was able to do on the malibu was break the metal retaining ring out of the female portion of the fuel line, and instead use the 'standard' twin plastic quick release tabs that come with most of the stock fuel filters.

Without seeing it, I can't tell if your arrangement is identical, but you might want to take a look and see if you can't remove that metal keeper and use the plastic quick-release instead.

Twisty Bits
09-12-06, 11:00 PM
**** clown!

Kahauna Dreamer
09-12-06, 11:01 PM
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

**** clown!

eiregosod
09-12-06, 11:10 PM
what's the secret handshake?

CheeverFan
09-13-06, 01:06 AM
!!!WOP:cry:

:brokenlovepump:

I kkkknow!!! LEt's ban spickly from here too! :p

Kahauna Dreamer
09-13-06, 01:18 AM
what's the secret handshake?
Shhhhhh! It's a secret!

Twisty Bits
09-13-06, 06:31 AM
Natty and Sanchez own this thread!

rocket
09-13-06, 08:42 AM
Natty and Sanchez own this thread!

Without even one post in it:rofl:

eiregosod
09-13-06, 02:04 PM
!!!WOP:cry:

:brokenlovepump:

I kkkknow!!! LEt's ban spickly from here too! :p

dennis, you should leave your pickle alone for a couple of nights.

nissan gtp
09-13-06, 03:40 PM
well ?

:irked:

Turn7
09-13-06, 03:43 PM
I heard a hearbeat this morning but, it may have just been a nerve twitching.:confused:

CART 500
09-13-06, 03:45 PM
I heard a hearbeat this morning but, it may have just been a nerve twitching.:confused:

The mothership is down again also :cry:

Turn7
09-13-06, 04:18 PM
The mothership is down again also :cry:

Twitch, twitch.....

nissan gtp
09-13-06, 04:22 PM
a few more strokes.... :D

CART 500
09-13-06, 04:30 PM
If they don't fix it soon I'm going to have to sit on the couch and talk to my wife again tonight :saywhat:

Twisty Bits
09-13-06, 04:50 PM
Just discovered I had a wife. Can't remember her name though. Akward times. :shakehead

CART 500
09-13-06, 04:57 PM
Just discovered I had a wife. Can't remember her name though. Akward times. :shakehead
Is she the same one you brought to the USGP ?:)

nissan gtp
09-13-06, 06:16 PM
see ya'll later I'm out of here ;)

CheeverFan
09-13-06, 07:33 PM
later crappy's!

Twisty Bits
09-13-06, 08:43 PM
later crappy's!

:D I'm not goin anywhere. I like what you've done to the place. :D

racer2c
09-13-06, 09:51 PM
So this is what it's like for someone to crap in your yard.:irked:

Have fun in your 'circle', boys.:gomer:

Twisty Bits
09-13-06, 10:02 PM
:irked: What'd I do to you?

CART 500
09-13-06, 10:34 PM

:confused: :confused:

Joelski
09-14-06, 01:24 AM

That is a prime example of threadcrapping! You get an A! :)

rocket
09-14-06, 02:53 AM
:irked: What'd I do to you?

Well, you didn't get his permission to post here :D

I'd hardly call one thread crapping in "your" yard:rolleyes:

Especially as lighthearted as it is.

racer2c
09-14-06, 06:34 AM
*knock, knock* Hello, anybody in there?:tony:

Is this a hater orphanage?
Turn7

Robstar
09-14-06, 08:16 AM
LOLZ... another hate/internetpolitics thread... :rolleyes:

Warlock!
09-14-06, 08:18 AM
Half the members of the broken website are members here, too, so I doubt they'd **** where they eat.

Turn7
09-14-06, 08:34 AM
:saywhat:

Kahauna Dreamer
09-14-06, 08:50 AM
:saywhat:

<deleted>

vancouver
09-14-06, 09:44 AM
wtf is goin on here? :confused:

Joelski
09-14-06, 10:01 AM
Half the members of the broken website are members here, too, so I doubt they'd **** where they eat.

Didn't see where the mods had a problem with a little competitive banter. Dood must be in charge of breaking up those "rougue" bridge tournaments at the senior center too.
:movealong:

Joelski
09-14-06, 10:04 AM

Staring contest!!!

http://images.zap2it.com/20031209/conanobrien_240.jpg

:D

rocket
09-14-06, 10:29 AM
Nothin going on, I fell asleep in the gutter and done got run over by the innernet sarcasm bus:gomer: :D

Turn7
09-14-06, 10:40 AM

Nothing more than a bunch of longtime innerwebbed compadres hootin' it up a bit and grouching up some folks unintentionally.

No harm meant especially since most of the offenders are longtime members and respected lagunabill when he was the toolpusher here and hold the same respect for nrc and grrl.

r2c is just making sure we know he has pissed on this fireplug. :rofl:

Kahauna Dreamer
09-14-06, 10:43 AM
Nothing more than a bunch of longtime innerwebbed compadres hootin' it up a bit and grouching up some folks unintentionally.

No harm meant especially since most of the offenders are longtime members and respected lagunabill when he was the toolpusher here and hold the same respect for nrc and grrl.

r2c is just making sure we know he has pissed on this fireplug. :rofl:

Who?

Wheel-Nut
09-14-06, 10:52 AM
The air is cooling so that means the water will soon be doing the same. The flatties will be making their annual run to the breeding grounds, time to go try your luck. Turn off the innerweb, Oct. 9 looks good to me.

Turn7
09-14-06, 11:05 AM
That's a Monday. I don't think it will be on enough that early to warrant taking a vacation day.

November is the time to do that. Usually 2 weeks before turkey is the prime time. You wanting to gig'em or hook'em?

Wheel-Nut
09-14-06, 11:53 AM
CyFair ISD work day.

I'm gonna grab the boy and head to the North Jetty, I need someone to carry the beer cooler! :D There may be a few sneaking out early but I don't expect it to be in full migratory mode.

nissan gtp
09-27-06, 06:43 PM
bump :irked:

Twisty Bits
09-27-06, 06:45 PM
Damn, while I was contimplating starting a new thread called "Crapping in your back yard again" you beat me to this bump. :D

nissan gtp
09-27-06, 06:55 PM
http://www.turnto10.com/2006/0926/9938114_480X360.jpg

Twisty Bits
09-27-06, 06:57 PM
Sports Illustrated broke the Innerweb. :irked:

SteveH
09-27-06, 07:31 PM
Sports Illustrated broke the Innerweb. :irked:

And it wasn't my fault, Augie. :D

RTKar
09-27-06, 08:20 PM
And it wasn't my fault, Augie. :D

Sure :rofl: ......didn't get to see much of you this past weekend. How was the gun club?

Come to think of it, how about a secret hater refuge forum :tony:

racer2c
09-27-06, 10:07 PM
Damn, while I was contimplating starting a new thread called "Crapping in your back yard again" you beat me to this bump. :D

Where's your little mudpit son? Can I come and play? I'd love too.

Twisty Bits
09-27-06, 11:48 PM
Where's your little mudpit son? Can I come and play? I'd love too.

I just left one at RA. :)

Warlock!
09-28-06, 08:18 AM
I just left one at RA. :)
I even got to play in it... and all I had to do was go to the race.

Twisty's mud-pit rocks! :dude:

Twisty Bits
09-28-06, 01:05 PM
http://web.mit.edu/senior-house/www/history/roast/steer-roast2001-2.jpg

The Face of Champ Car Girls got a little carried away. Check out Sanchez on the left.

RTKar
09-28-06, 06:55 PM
/\

Yea sure....and the next thing you'll be telling me is a rep from Crown Royal came over and gave you free booze :laugh:

Cam
09-28-06, 07:49 PM
The Face of Champ Car Girls got a little carried away. Check out Sanchez on the left.

WOW! That's scary! I knew that was Sanchez as soon as I looked at that pic! :eek: