PDA

View Full Version : DP01, Moreno At RA

NismoZ
09-12-06, 01:00 AM
CC, according to AR1, (per cc.ws/Racer mag. 2-fer ticket ad offer) will display & run the new Panoz for the fans at Road America.:cool:

chop456
09-12-06, 01:06 AM
According to Champ Car, too. Didn't you get the top secret e-mail? :D

NismoZ
09-12-06, 01:14 AM
So, be one of the first 500 and snag me that free ticky, will ya?:)

Andrew Longman
09-13-06, 11:36 AM
What's the 2fer deal? I'm still thinking about going.

dando
09-13-06, 12:06 PM
Here's the newsletter thingy sent by the CCWS peeps:

http://www.champcar.ws/images/newsletter/dp01/dp01newsletter.jpg

-Kevin

Spicoli
09-14-06, 08:51 AM
no link yet, but here's the release.

NEW DP01 CHAMP CAR GETTING PUSHED TO THE LIMIT IN SEBRING TESTING

SEBRING, Fla. (September 13, 2006) – As any race car driver worth their Nomex will tell you, the only sure way to find one’s limits, is to occasionally overstep them.

As the final phase of on-track testing nears completion for the 2007 DP01 Champ Car, the testing crew spent the day doing just that, pushing the limits of the Panoz Motorsports-built machine on another warm Wednesday at Sebring International Raceway.

The car surpassed the 2,000 mile mark of testing after logging 327 miles today, rebounding after a slow Tuesday that was spent replacing a component that finally relented under the pressure of the test team’s interminable schedule.

“We had a problem with a component in the gearbox yesterday but it was a part that we pushed to four times its normal useful life,” said Champ Car Technical Director Scot Elkins. “That’s the whole idea of these tests. We want to guarantee a reliable product for our teams. In essence, we’re breaking the car so that they don’t have to.”

Today was also the first time that Champ Car teams were allowed to visit a DP01 test and representatives from CTE Racing – HVM, Forsythe, Newman/Haas, Dale Coyne and new entrant Pacific Coast Motorsports were on hand to see first-hand what the new car could do.

What they saw was two-time Champ Car racewinner Roberto Moreno putting the car through its paces again, 35 miles per stint, as he has done for each and every one of the 2,023 Sebring miles.

“The car feels very similar to when I started,” Moreno said. “But we have been concentrating more on logging miles than we have with making changes. But we have gotten great mileage from our brakes and all the systems are operating wonderfully. I really think the drivers are going to enjoy this car when they get it.”

The DP01 will be on track again tomorrow, with the final phase of the testing set to end on Friday. The test team will then pack up and head North as the DP01 prepares to make its public on-track debut with some demonstration laps, Friday September 22 at Road America

Opposite Lock
09-14-06, 08:55 AM
Hopefully they run a few laps on Saturday and Sunday too.:thumbup:

NismoZ
09-14-06, 09:28 AM
Chicken.;)

diamond dave
09-15-06, 01:53 PM
where's the 2 seater?:cry:

GOFAST1
09-15-06, 04:37 PM
I hope they will have a car on Sunday.I can't wait!

tifosi77
09-15-06, 04:59 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if they used the DP01 as a pace car during the parade laps at RA. :cool:

nz_climber
09-15-06, 08:27 PM
will be interested too see how the lap times compare between the dp01 and the lola...:)

paul_tracyposer
09-15-06, 09:36 PM
i'm sure the Panoz is not going to run in public at racing speeds....its just for show.

too bad...i'd like to know if this car is quick or not.

---ptp---

racer2c
09-15-06, 10:04 PM
Hmm, same engine, lighter chassis, paddle shift...prediction = it's quicker.;)

SteveH
09-15-06, 11:49 PM
Hmm, same engine, lighter chassis, paddle shift...prediction = it's quicker.;)

Sort of the same engine, isn't it to have more HP?

racer2c
09-15-06, 11:56 PM

Only the N/H engines.:)

nrc
09-16-06, 01:05 AM

It had been talked about generally but I don't know that they've nailed the numbers down yet. Part of the difference was going to be a twin turbo and that eliminates a lot of complicated plumbing and specialized transmission.

gpflepsen
09-16-06, 01:15 AM
It had been talked about generally but I don't know that they've nailed the numbers down yet. Part of the difference was going to be a twin turbo and that eliminates a lot of complicated plumbing and specialized transmission.

The twin turbo was too much of a change. The single turbo is still the chosen method of induction.

NismoZ
09-16-06, 07:52 AM
Roberto completed the 3 weeks of testing by putting the '01 through a final exam...he took the car to the end of pit lane yesterday and turned a few smoke-raising victory do-nuts!:cool: :thumbup: The DP01 will run several demo laps at RA on both Friday and Saturday and WILL be part of the pace car activities prior to the race on Sunday. C'mon up and see it!

diamond dave
09-16-06, 10:16 AM
^ bitchin':thumbup:

as for the Cossie, I thought they were going to add a little boost (maybe some rpm's too). Which would make it 775hp and the p2p 75hp

Twisty Bits
09-16-06, 01:33 PM
:confused:
No mention of the Twisty Van being there..
:(

G.
09-16-06, 06:45 PM
Awesome thing to do for us! Doesn't need to do this.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Spicoli
09-18-06, 08:31 AM
Pace Car!!!

:thumbup:

:D

The car will now head back to Indianapolis to prepare for its public on-track debut, which will take place next weekend at Road America. The car will run demonstration laps on Friday and Saturday, and will also serve as part of the pace-car team leading the pre-race parade laps prior to Sunday’s Champ Car Grand Prix of Road America. Fans can watch the race live on SPEED, beginning at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, September 24.

racer2c
09-18-06, 09:12 AM
Pace Car!!!

:thumbup:

:D

Way cool.:cool:

rabbit
09-18-06, 10:02 AM
Way cool.:cool:

F'nA! :cool:

Twenty bucks says Pupo refuses to pull off when the green flag drops. :D