PDA

View Full Version : HDTV + MNF Double-header + Wireless Internet + Beer >

racer2c
09-11-06, 09:25 PM
sex? Ok, I can't go that far...;)

50" Sony LCOS, laptop actually on lap, ice cold beer and a tied game...I love the Fall. :)

If only F1 and Champ car were high def. All would be right in the world.

RacinM3
09-12-06, 12:27 AM
I'm right there with ya! Pacifico on the table, 50" Sony SXRD RP LCD HD, laptop on the lap, San Diego beating the Raiders.....I asked for sex too, but just got a funny look in return.

racermike
09-12-06, 02:04 AM
Thats Ok

27" Sharp TV
Deion Branch going to Seahawks

Might as well give the Seahawks the SB ring right now!

Insomniac
09-12-06, 08:21 AM
Thats Ok

27" Sharp TV
Deion Branch going to Seahawks

Might as well give the Seahawks the SB ring right now!

Noe everyone will predict a SEA-NE super bowl with a SEA win.

Joelski
09-12-06, 09:03 AM
57" AND 52", no MNF and No BEER! :flame: Stoopid job....

KLang
09-12-06, 09:31 AM
A bit OT: I've been looking at the 50" Sony SXRD. How is the picture quality with a standard definition source?

racer2c
09-12-06, 09:50 AM
The NFL needs a minor league so that they can send the Raiders and the Bucs down.

:flame: :flame:

racer2c
09-12-06, 09:55 AM
A bit OT: I've been looking at the 50" Sony SXRD. How is the picture quality with a standard definition source?

Crap. Total crap. But the HD is one of the best I've seen. Black is not quite as dark as on a LCD, but I don't get motion artifacts like a plasma and burnt pixels like the LCD.

I have an upsampling DVD player and the SXRD does upsampling, some DVD's almost look HD as a result. Some, not all and I stress 'almost'. I have the SXRD stand that is made for the TV I highly recommend. It locks the TV in place and completes the look. I just wish I could take the side speakers off as I don't use them.

RacinM3
09-12-06, 11:25 AM
I've found the picture quality is just OK witha standard signal, but like racer2c said....it's epic with either a HD on DVD source. I find myself watching more of the HD Directv channels because of it. Football when televised in HD is just insane. Can't wait for some HD hockey telecasts this year!

rabbit
09-12-06, 12:08 PM
I watched HD for the first time Saturday night for the OSU/Texas mismatch. I just kept saying, "Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable." On the full stadium shots you could make out individual seats on the far side of the field. On the sideline shots, you could make out every last bead of sweat and every single blade of grass. I told my bro-in-law, "That's more realistic than real life." :eek:

KLang
09-12-06, 12:27 PM
I've found the picture quality is just OK witha standard signal, but like racer2c said....it's epic with either a HD on DVD source. I find myself watching more of the HD Directv channels because of it. Football when televised in HD is just insane. Can't wait for some HD hockey telecasts this year!

Thanks for the info guys. I currently have a 38" widescreen tube and it is small enough that the SD looks decent on most of the channels we watch. I'm planning for a 50" in the new house. Hopefully at about 12' viewing distance it won't completely suck on upconverted SD.

RacinM3
09-12-06, 01:14 PM
I watched HD for the first time Saturday night for the OSU/Texas mismatch. I just kept saying, "Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable." On the full stadium shots you could make out individual seats on the far side of the field. On the sideline shots, you could make out every last bead of sweat and every single blade of grass. I told my bro-in-law, "That's more realistic than real life." :eek:

Ha...you're right. Wait until you see, say, a news anchor with bad makeup....sometimes I just cringe. In fact, Roy Firestone is downright SCARY looking in HD!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

dando
09-12-06, 01:15 PM
sex? Ok, I can't go that far...;)

50" Sony LCOS, laptop actually on lap, ice cold beer and a tied game...I love the Fall. :)

If only F1 and Champ car were high def. All would be right in the world.

Sorry to pee on yer setup...but my own personal godzillatron is 106" wide and 720p. Watching The OSU > UT Sat and then the Bengals > KC on Sun in HD was priceless. :thumbup:

-Kevin

racer2c
09-12-06, 01:37 PM
Sorry to pee on yer setup...but my own personal godzillatron is 106" wide and 720p. Watching The OSU > UT Sat and then the Bengals > KC on Sun in HD was priceless. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Sweet. I have a projector also although we rarely use it. Mainly for when my daughter has slumber parties and I set it up on the deck for them to watch DVD's and play Xbox all night. Halo 2 in life size rocks!:)

racer2c
09-12-06, 01:38 PM
Ha...you're right. Wait until you see, say, a news anchor with bad makeup....sometimes I just cringe. In fact, Roy Firestone is downright SCARY looking in HD!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's wild how many actors have really bad complexions that only come out in HD.

dando
09-12-06, 02:31 PM
Sweet. I have a projector also although we rarely use it. Mainly for when my daughter has slumber parties and I set it up on the deck for them to watch DVD's and play Xbox all night. Halo 2 in life size rocks!:)

Dedicated theater room. :cool: Daddy now lives in the basement when the girls go to bed. :)

-Kevin

oddlycalm
09-12-06, 02:43 PM
It's wild how many actors have really bad complexions that only come out in HD. There were pre-HDTV prognostications that makeup would have to be re-invented to come to grips with HDTV, but apparently someone forgot the tell the production execs at certain companies....:tony:

We seem to need a term like McBroadcast or something these days to describe the, uh, product issuing forth from some sources. Kinda like McDonalds coffee; it's close to the right color and it's hot, but actually calling it coffee just seems wrong on so many levels.

oc

rabbit
09-12-06, 03:30 PM
It's wild how many actors have really bad complexions that only come out in HD.
They did a sideline interview with Emmitt Smith during the OSU game and he had serious acne issues that probably wouldn't have shown up on regular TV. But in HD they were ... [shudders]

Joelski
09-12-06, 03:43 PM
Nothing like checking out your favorite hottie and noticing her nose is speckled with blackheads! :barf:

Stu
09-12-06, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I currently have a 38" widescreen tube and it is small enough that the SD looks decent on most of the channels we watch. I'm planning for a 50" in the new house. Hopefully at about 12' viewing distance it won't completely suck on upconverted SD.

50" at 12' is much too small of a TV. 57-65 should be a minimum.

KLang
09-12-06, 04:16 PM
50" at 12' is much too small of a TV. 57-65 should be a minimum.

We are currently viewing the 38" at about 8-10' so it will be quite a step up. This will be the family room/kitchen area and will be built in. Casual viewing only and a lot of SD material. Theater with projector upstairs for more serious viewing.

Ankf00
09-12-06, 05:10 PM
projector & screen downstairs ~125", I've only bothered to watch ND @ GaTech on it so far in HD, otherwise just use the Wally World 27" special from college :tony:

KaBoom21
09-12-06, 07:12 PM
I'm tired of the Raiders stinking. I need to find a new team, but I'm pretty loyal about these things.