PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you really rather drive a Lola?

pchall
04-14-03, 09:03 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/cart/2003/lb/cart-2003-lb-mk-0415.jpg

Ryan's got his Reynard all crossed up.
I haven't seen that much opposite lock on a formula car coming out of a corner since the real Villeneuve drove a Ferrari. :)

Hink
04-14-03, 10:03 PM
Nice pic - thanks.

Ziggy
04-14-03, 10:05 PM
Great photo!

What I would really like to see, is the American Spirit team acquire the Coyne Lola's. The twin fume suckers that Dale employees (rent's car's to) would be in the back if they had full skirts and unlimited boost.

Ziggy

DaveL
04-14-03, 10:16 PM
Hellooooo new wallpaper image :D

WickerBill
04-15-03, 07:02 AM
Okay, beyond the car, the first thing that caught my eye was the Simple Green billboard -- "The Safer Solution...". Safer? Safer than what? Battery acid? You ever gotten Simple Green spray in your eye? It doesn't feel safe *at all*.

Uh... don't ask how I got some in my eye, please...

Foxman
04-15-03, 08:00 AM
That photo is what racing is all about - to me anyway. Thanks to the loss of traction control, our racing got a little more pure :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-15-03, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Okay, beyond the car, the first thing that caught my eye was the Simple Green billboard -- "The Safer Solution...". Safer? Safer than what? Battery acid? You ever gotten Simple Green spray in your eye? It doesn't feel safe *at all*.

Uh... don't ask how I got some in my eye, please...

Try using Castrol Super Clean and you'll see why. At least Simple Green doesn't eat away at the skin on your hands! :eek:

RichK
04-15-03, 11:44 AM
Also at Long Beach.....years ago:

http://www.globalserve.net/~trauttf/Gilles/GV2.jpg

JoeBob
04-15-03, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
Try using Castrol Super Clean and you'll see why. At least Simple Green doesn't eat away at the skin on your hands! :eek:

Here's an article on the stuff: http://www.simplegreen.com/corporateinfo/article2.html

FaBrizio's inspiration came when he was cleaning coffee machines after college. He and his father, a chemical supplier, saw a man fall into a vat of chemicals used for preparing wheels for chrome plating.

"It was like everything you saw in a Frankenstein movie was true," FaBrizio says. "This caldron literally melted this guy when he fell in it. It was awful, the most devastating thing I ever saw."

FaBrizio was like a vacuum-cleaner salesman. In 1984, he took his cleaner to Edwards Air Force Base to show NASA how well his industrial formula cleaner could clean airplanes. They brought out a filthy fighter that had been in the desert for two years.

As NASA technicians watched, FaBrizio swiped dirt off the wing and licked the cleaned spot. He then swallowed a bottle of cleaner to prove it wasn't toxic.

Thats where the "safer" stuff comes from. :D

pchall
04-15-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by RichK
Also at Long Beach.....years ago:

http://www.globalserve.net/~trauttf/Gilles/GV2.jpg

This is exactly the kind of thing that made GV the most spectacular man on the track during his F1 career.

Hink
04-15-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by pchall
This is exactly the kind of thing that made GV the most spectacular man on the track during his F1 career.

He'd throw it away sometimes but even then he could be spectacular (Holland 1979). But - like silva repeats, "He only won six races," so he couldn't have been that good of a driver. (Note to those who didn't watch - people are more than statistics.) Villeneuve is one of my all time favs.

Sean O'Gorman
04-15-03, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
FaBrizio's inspiration came when he was cleaning coffee machines after college. He and his father, a chemical supplier, saw a man fall into a vat of chemicals used for preparing wheels for chrome plating.

"It was like everything you saw in a Frankenstein movie was true," FaBrizio says. "This caldron literally melted this guy when he fell in it. It was awful, the most devastating thing I ever saw."

What was his next quote? "Most people there saw a man disintegrating in chemicals. I saw a business opportunity." :eek: