PDA

View Full Version : Klien to PKV?

NismoZ
09-06-06, 11:01 AM
So says Autosport.com. Dietrich says he "has been offered" a Red Bull backed ride where " ...he can become a hero there and remain in the focus of F-1, then offer his services to F-1 again." Has to be faster than KL, wouldn't you say? Probably doesn't want to live in the Colonies. Need him for that big Osherslaben race next year, though!

Rus'L
09-06-06, 12:32 PM
So says Autosport.com. Dietrich says he "has been offered" a Red Bull backed ride where " ...he can become a hero there and remain in the focus of F-1, then offer his services to F-1 again." Has to be faster than KL, wouldn't you say? Probably doesn't want to live in the Colonies. Need him for that big Osherslaben race next year, though!

Quite frankly, the last thing I want in my series is a driver who comes kicking and screaming.

I'd rather put up with a Sperafico! :laugh:

Indy
09-06-06, 12:56 PM
Wager of your choice that Katherine changes teams for next season.

And what is this "become a hero there" bit? Isn't that a bit arrogant, Dietrich?

tifosi77
09-06-06, 01:51 PM
In line with what Indy says, the rumor I've seen is that if Polestar moves up KL will likely move there and leave Oriol paired with Mr. Red Bull.

oddlycalm
09-06-06, 02:05 PM
Shipping Klien off to Champ Car is the same thing as being notified you are being transfered to the Nome, Alaska district office when your company doesn't actually have an office there...

oc

Dr. Corkski
09-06-06, 02:19 PM
In line with what Indy says, the rumor I've seen is that if Polestar moves up KL will likely move there and leave Oriol paired with Mr. Red Bull.I doubt Kalkhoven would want to make her look even slower and more incompetent than she already is.

Insomniac
09-06-06, 03:09 PM

I find it hard to believe that KK would dump Legge off unless he believes she sucks and has to fulfill her contract.

Indy
09-06-06, 06:44 PM
Reading between the lines here, she is a very fine person who is in over her head and needs time. The team needs to be moving forward and Red Bull will demand results. She is clearly not getting good support where she is, so why not give her a new beginning with old friends, especially considering that her current predicament is at least partially the fault of the CEO/team owner who promoted her too quickly for marketing reasons.

I still think she has potential. It will be a shame if she becomes the victim of her quick success in Atlantics, because she is certainly not to blame for all of her troubles now.

nrc
09-06-06, 08:01 PM
She is clearly not getting good support where she is, so why not give her a new beginning with old friends, especially considering that her current predicament is at least partially the fault of the CEO/team owner who promoted her too quickly for marketing reasons.

I don't see any evidence that she's not getting good support. I think only time will tell whether she was promoted too early. I don't think her team is placing any expectations on her other than that this should be a learning year.

coolhand
09-06-06, 08:53 PM
Shipping Klien off to Champ Car is the same thing as being notified you are being transfered to the Nome, Alaska district office when your company doesn't actually have an office there...

oc

Not Nome, Its a place called "Indianapolis"

Insomniac
09-07-06, 08:28 AM
Reading between the lines here, she is a very fine person who is in over her head and needs time. The team needs to be moving forward and Red Bull will demand results. She is clearly not getting good support where she is, so why not give her a new beginning with old friends, especially considering that her current predicament is at least partially the fault of the CEO/team owner who promoted her too quickly for marketing reasons.

I still think she has potential. It will be a shame if she becomes the victim of her quick success in Atlantics, because she is certainly not to blame for all of her troubles now.

They expected her to be over her head. They wanted her to get that out of the way now and start a new with the DP01 with a full year of experience. Maybe they become a three car team?

KLang
09-07-06, 09:19 AM
They expected her to be over her head. They wanted her to get that out of the way now and start a new with the DP01 with a full year of experience.

Exactly right as I remember it. I really don't think Legge is going anywhere else for 2007.

pchall
09-07-06, 02:31 PM

And what is this "become a hero there" bit? Isn't that a bit arrogant, Dietrich?

Bad Google translation.

"hero" = "hiro"

NismoZ
09-07-06, 06:51 PM
Hmmmm..."press reports" indicate Klien has turned down the DTM "offer" and has until Saturday to accept/reject the Red Bull PKV ride in CC for '07. Helmut Marko has made it clear Neel Jani will get the ride if Klien rejects it. I don't think he wants it. I wonder if Jani does? CC obviously needs Red Bull cash more than any spoiled F-1 snobs. Who might be #3 on the Red Bull ladder, I heard it is full up?

NismoZ
09-09-06, 03:21 PM
And he turns down a CC ride also.:shakehead Hopes to "get at least a test ride in F-1". Shoot for the stars, lad! (Marko makes it sound like Jani is in. Could this be the source of a Forsythe Mega Team rumor? You recall silly season Gerry saying, "I'd run 5 cars if I had the sponsorship!")

pchall
09-09-06, 10:37 PM
Not Nome, Its a place called "Indianapolis"

Indiananoplace?

NismoZ
09-10-06, 08:03 AM
And he spins in qualifying...that'll help.

Fio1
09-10-06, 10:08 AM
Jani in CCWS would be cool! A Swiss that can win a race is something this fan & his Dad would love to see! :thumbup: :D

P.S. Klien deserves an f1 seat, he was the best Red Bull Driver this weekend again.......

Hard Driver
09-11-06, 02:25 AM
As he said:
"Sabastion Bourdais has won three Champ Car Championships and can't get anyone to return his calls"

I guess he has a point there. He would have to count on the DP01 to rebuild the prestige of Champcar in the F1 paddock. A test drive next year or even skipping a year might give him better prospects of getting an F1 drivers seat in the future. I love Champ Car, but it does not seem to be the road to F1 at the moment.

Insomniac
09-11-06, 09:35 AM
P.S. Klien deserves an f1 seat, he was the best Red Bull Driver this weekend again.......

Klien Out, Doornbos In at RBR

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/32470/

Insomniac
09-11-06, 09:38 AM
As he said:
"Sabastion Bourdais has won three Champ Car Championships and can't get anyone to return his calls"

I guess he has a point there. He would have to count on the DP01 to rebuild the prestige of Champcar in the F1 paddock. A test drive next year or even skipping a year might give him better prospects of getting an F1 drivers seat in the future. I love Champ Car, but it does not seem to be the road to F1 at the moment.

I'm not sure how true it is. SB was in GP2 (Was it Formula 3000 then?) and instead of being picked up as a test driver somewhere he ended up in Champ Car. Now he's just getting older and the trend in F1 is younger and younger.

Is he not good enough or he doesn't fit the mold. I think it may be a little of both. We'll see what happens with Graham Rahal in the next two years.

Spicoli
09-11-06, 09:43 AM

What is with this dicks?! how many people would give their left nut to even drive a F1 car for a few laps, much less a race, much less 3 races.....Dood - your name is Christian Klein, not Schumaker.:rolleyes:

WTF?

I mean with JV, you couldn't be that surprised. but this is just STOOPID. :shakehead

Fio1
09-11-06, 09:45 AM

It will remain to be seen if Klien just ended his career with this decision. :shakehead
The only thing thay is known is that Red Bull fired it's best driver! :\ Klien beat all 3 other Red Bull drivers the last two GP weekends.....

extramundane
09-11-06, 10:01 AM
I mean with JV, you couldn't be that surprised. but this is just STOOPID. :shakehead

Jesus & Mr. Clean to Prodrive '08! You heard it here firstest! :tony:

It will remain to be seen if Klien just ended his career with this decision. :shakehead

I'd say driving for SpykerMidlandJordan isn't significantly different than ending one's career, so yes.

Rogue Leader
09-11-06, 10:33 PM
I'd say driving for SpykerMidlandJordan isn't significantly different than ending one's career, so yes.

Whats funny is he talked a lot of crap about not wanting a low level (like Midland or Aguri) ride last month.... Guess he will take what he can get!

Insomniac
09-11-06, 11:16 PM
What is with this dicks?! how many people would give their left nut to even drive a F1 car for a few laps, much less a race, much less 3 races.....Dood - your name is Christian Klein, not Schumaker.:rolleyes:

WTF?

You would think he could've worked out a better deal with RB. Take the CCWS seat for 2 years and then head back to RBR to replace Coulthard of somethng. Instead, he gets the boot right out of the RB program.