PDA

View Full Version : Clabber Girl comes out swinging

Spicoli
09-06-06, 10:12 AM
:rofl:

http://indybiznow.com/Default.aspx?TabId=391&issueyear=2006&issuemonth=09&issueday=04&page=1&article=Ar00100

COOKIE WAR!

Competitors beware: Clabber Girl’s smiling maiden is coming out swinging.

The 156-year-old Terre Haute company that quietly churned out nothing but its trademark baking powder for more than a century is now serving notice to General Mills’ Bisquick and other well-known brands that the status quo is dead.

Clabber Girl, owned by the Hulman family of Indianapolis Motor Speedway fame, is ramping up for a national launch of an all-purpose baking mix in early 2007 and is already developing cookie, brownie and corn bread mixes to challenge the industry leaders.

“You could definitely say this is a seismic shift for the company,” said Eric Gloe, Clabber Girl vice president of sales and marketing.

With plans to add employees and double the size of its plant, Clabber Girl is posturing more like a brash prizefighter than the innocent-looking, old-fashioned girl that adorns its products’ labels.

But why shouldn’t Clabber Girl, a privately held subsidiary of Terre Haute-based Hulman & Co., be confident? Company officials said annual sales have risen more than 20 percent in recent years and more than 30 employees have been added to the mix in the last 12 months.

racer2c
09-06-06, 10:15 AM
"Tony's losing all our money! Quick launch some new products! We need a sales increase!"

Spicoli
09-06-06, 10:21 AM
clab‧ber  /ˈklæbər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[klab-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation South Midland and Southern U.S.

–noun 1. milk that has soured and thickened; curdled milk.
–verb (used without object) 2. (of milk) to curdle; to become thick in souring.

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

racer2c
09-06-06, 10:32 AM
Apropos.

Ozarkian
09-06-06, 10:52 AM
The 156-year-old Terre Haute company that quietly churned out nothing but its trademark baking powder for more than a century is now serving notice to General Mills’ Bisquick and other well-known brands that the status quo is dead.

Reminds me of a sign hanging behind the register at Anton's, a local breakfast/lunch joint, that reads, "LOOK OUT, MCDONALD'S!!"

TKGAngel
09-06-06, 12:16 PM
...more than 30 employees have been added to the mix in the last 12 months.

Note to self. Do not use this product.

RichK
09-06-06, 12:19 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
09-06-06, 12:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Eagle104
09-06-06, 12:26 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

~Clabber Girl is PEOPLE!!~

G.
09-06-06, 12:41 PM
:rofl: :laugh:

NismoZ
09-06-06, 12:44 PM
I dated a Clabber Girl in college...ONCE!:yuck: Someone get Howdy Holmes on the line.

rabbit
09-06-06, 12:53 PM
I nominate TKGAngel for Post of the Month. :thumbup: :laugh:

dando
09-06-06, 01:37 PM

First thing I thought when I read that poorly constructed sentance. :saywhat: :irked: <=== I just had to use that smilie

-Kevin

TorontoWorker
09-07-06, 04:24 PM
Competitors beware: Clabber Girl’s smiling slutty maiden is coming out swinging and boy is she pizzed.

The 156-year-old Terre Haute company that quietly churned out nothing that really didn't taste all that great for more than a century is now serving notice to General Mills’ Bisquick and other well-known brands that we're going to take you on in a market we can't win in and the hell with how many employees are let go after we go bankrupt.

Clabber Girl, owned by the Hulman family of Indianapolis Motor Speedway fame, is ramping up for a national launch of an all-purpose baking mix in early 2007 and is already developing cookie, brownie, gun powder, pig slop and corn bread mixes to challenge the industry leaders and save America from Al Qaeda by binding up the enemy on the toilets of the world.

“You could definitely say this is a seismic shift for the company,” said Eric Gloe, Clabber Girl vice president of sales and marketing, Tony just took a big dump.

With plans to add employees from within the family and double the size of its plant to an extra parking spot or two, Clabber Girl is posturing more like a brash prizefighter that is punch drunk and rocking back on his heals than the innocent-looking, old-fashioned girl that secretly has a rubber fetish and is into adorning herself with piercings and what not on its products’ labels.

Shouldn’t Clabber Girl, a privately held subsidiary of Terre Haute-based Hulman & Co., be confident? No, they in fact have no reason to be confident given that their company is led by an idiot. Company officials said annual sales have risen more than 20 percent in recent years and that is what we told the IRS. Really. Kickbacks? Who said that? More than 30 employees have been added to the mix in the last 12 months and we have had to recall these products do to the human contaminants. We are now hiring 30 more people.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-07-06, 08:33 PM
:laugh:

matthole
09-07-06, 08:43 PM
http://www.wackypackages2005.com/images/ANS3-roughs/clobber-girl.jpg

:gomer: :tony:

RTKar
09-07-06, 09:58 PM
Clabber Girl The Other White Powder of the Hulman-George Family

pchall
09-08-06, 10:31 AM
... and more than 30 employees have been added to the mix in the last 12 months.

That's one way to downsize the work force.

formulaben
09-09-06, 02:51 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

~Clabber Girl is PEOPLE!!~

I took me a second...LOL.

nrc
09-09-06, 02:59 PM

:gomer: :tony:

Shouldn't she have a gun?

racer2c
09-09-06, 03:26 PM

Touche!:thumbup:

DagoFast
09-09-06, 04:35 PM
http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/burns.gif

Excellent!

We're gonna be bigger than Famous Amos and Ms. Fields in 5 years.

theunions
09-09-06, 05:31 PM

No, but Guy Trollinger should!

RusH
09-09-06, 05:55 PM
The Hulmans are really into the grain industry....

AMES, Iowa (AP) - Now that ethanol has become common in gas tanks, two Iowa State University professors are working to get it into martini glasses.

The professors are researching how to easily, and cheaply, turn fuel ethanol into food-grade alcohol to be used in beverages, pharmaceuticals and personal care products.

"We will be taking relatively abundant and cheap fuel ethanol, and for a very small amount (of money) adding a lot of value to it," said Jacek Koziel, an assistant professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering.
:tony:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-10-06, 12:01 AM

:gomer: :tony:I loved Wacky Packages.:)

TravelGal
09-10-06, 11:31 PM
"Tony's losing all our money! Quick launch some new products! We need a sales increase!"

They've got to get some money somewhere and it sure ain't the IRK.

Note to self: Do NOT read TKG posts after everyone else is asleep. Nearly choked myself trying not to laugh out loud.

Ziggy
09-10-06, 11:34 PM
The Mexican population of Terre Haute just went up thirtysomething:gomer: