PDA

View Full Version : DANE COOK VICIOUS CIRCLE

racer2c
09-05-06, 04:20 PM
One could say that a person's taste in comedy is more varied than music or art. That said;

I'm flipping channels last night and stop on HBOHD and see a guy, by himself on a stage in the middle of a large arena. Looks like a typical arena, probably holds 20K. The place was packed. He's in full animated mode and talking about how people cry in private. After 10 minutes of this I was convinced that I was watching some new age motivational speaker who was tying way too hard to try and incorporate humor into his round about long winded 'point'.
Another 10 minutes went by and I realize I'm just watching a really unfunny comic who was hardly making the packed arena chuckle. Questions abound; why haven't I ever heard of this guy and he's packing arenas? How can he pack arenas and not be funny? Why did I just waste 20 minutes on a guy who didn't make me laugh once? I picked up the remote and flipped over the the classic Chappell show skit about Charlie Murphy and Rick James. (I'm Rick James Beitch!). I laughed out load four times in five minutes. Chappell 4, Cook 0.

I feel I have a very open and well rounded taste in comedy, from English classics like Monty, Mr.Bean, Ab Fab, etc. to urban humor of Rock and Chappell, to the over the top shock comedy of Southpark, to the satirical work of Christopher Guest. I loves the comedy...this guy Dana Cook however was as funny as a white bread cheese sandwich. He was like the Creed of Comedy.

dirtyboy
09-05-06, 04:25 PM
this guy Dana Cook however was as funny as a white bread cheese sandwich. He was like the Creed of Comedy.

Not defending Dane because I don’t care for him too much. But your hack Dana Cook joke shows me you have no business discussing comedy.

racer2c
09-05-06, 04:33 PM
Not defending Dane because I don’t care for him too much. But your hack Dana Cook joke shows me you have no business discussing comedy.

Last time I checked I wasn't a paid comic, nor do I have my own HBO special in which I drag out 'jokes' way past the point of them possibly being even remotely humorous.

Oh, and thanks!:tony: Actually my 'Creed' comment wasn't meant to be a joke.

extramundane
09-05-06, 04:46 PM

Classy interests list, buddy.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8955/untitled1mj5.jpg

Don Quixote
09-05-06, 04:50 PM
I agree with racer2c. Not even a chuckle.

racer2c
09-05-06, 04:51 PM
Nice. And he's judging me! :gomer: I guess I wasn't edgy enough for him.

Don Quixote
09-05-06, 04:52 PM
I'm more concerned with the soccer reference. :p

Dr. Corkski
09-05-06, 05:17 PM

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8955/untitled1mj5.jpghttp://goodbyemailbox.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/borat.jpg

Borat approves.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 05:20 PM
BORAT LIKE THE SEX CRIME, HIVE FIVE!!!

racer2c
09-05-06, 05:22 PM
:D

nrc
09-05-06, 05:35 PM
Questions abound; why haven't I ever heard of this guy and he's packing arenas? How can he pack arenas and not be funny? Why did I just waste 20 minutes on a guy who didn't make me laugh once?

What about, "Why did post your subject in all caps?" :p

racer2c
09-05-06, 05:52 PM
What about, "Why did post your subject in all caps?" :p

Cut and paste from HBO's schedule. I'm lazy and can't spell 'vicious'. :)

Sean O'Gorman
09-05-06, 06:25 PM
Dane Cook is the worst comedian in history. The only reason he has any sort of popularity is because teenage girls think hes hot and college dropouts don't understand real comedy. He stinks!

chop456
09-06-06, 05:44 AM

Real nice. Probably likes soccer and France, too. :tony:

Easy
09-06-06, 10:13 AM
I had been sort of watching Tourgasm which showed little to no stand up and saw some of that comedy special which confirmed for me that Dane Cook is not at all funny. Also, his exaggerated movements are annoying and not funny. Its like Al Pacino as a mime.

Jagshemash.