PDA

View Full Version : Forum Changes

nrc
09-04-06, 04:51 AM
Welcome to our new home. We have moved Off Camber to a new server and updated our vBulletin software to the latest version. The bulk of the work is complete, but there are still a few odds and ends that will need cleaned up.

The biggest of these is the DNS record. You'll note that you've been redirected to offcamber.org. This is a temporary step while we wait for our DNS record to update and point offcamber.net to the new server. You shouldn't need to update any bookmarks. Once our DNS update has propagated we'll be back to offcamber.net - same as it ever was.

This version of vBulletin is ... new. Most of the changes are behind the scenes and we're not entirely thrilled with some of the things that were changed on the front end. Let us know of problems or annoyances you encounter. Some things we can tweak, some we can't.

One part of the move that isn't yet complete are the links in the Chat menu. I think that can wait until later today. :)

WickerBill
09-04-06, 10:22 AM
Looks good Boss... I am on .net, never got forwarded to .org....

WB

KLang
09-04-06, 10:55 AM
Small thing. For me at least, the green lights on the main forum page aren't changing to yellow after I have visited the updated threads.

Edit: Well they do change eventually, just not immediatly like they used to.

Ankf00
09-04-06, 01:04 PM
sigs and this new 'multi-quote' thing have me tripping out, man...

Off Camber
09-04-06, 01:06 PM
sigs and this new 'multi-quote' thing have me tripping out, man...

Don't get too tripped out. Sigs are supposed to be off. ;)

devilmaster
09-04-06, 01:44 PM
Welcome to our new home. We have moved Off Camber to a new server and updated our vBulletin software to the latest version. The bulk of the work is complete, but there are still a few odds and ends that will need cleaned up.

Norm: Wait, wait, wait. Sammy, will this change the price of beer?
Sam: No.
Norm: Then what do we care?

;)

nrc
09-04-06, 01:45 PM
Small thing. For me at least, the green lights on the main forum page aren't changing to yellow after I have visited the updated threads.

Edit: Well they do change eventually, just not immediatly like they used to.

That has always seemed a bit unpredictable to me. I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Sean O'Gorman
09-04-06, 01:54 PM
I can't wait to see how long this list gets for me. ;)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2148/infractionfd9.jpg

(FYI that post wasn't an actual infraction, nrc was just testing the feature and didn't realize it sends me an e-mail when I get an infraction point. ;) )

nrc
09-04-06, 02:06 PM
Yeah, "infractions" are one of the "behind the scenes" changes. I doubt that we'll use it. We don't need an accounting system to keep track of who is being naughty and nice. Besides, it strikes me as the equivalent of a parent saying, "If you do that three more times within the next two weeks you're going to your room!"

Dr. Corkski
09-04-06, 02:10 PM
The site seems to load very smoothly on this server comparing to another forum. But too smoothly. I smell traction control.

devilmaster
09-04-06, 02:54 PM
I can't wait to see how long this list gets for me.

(FYI that post wasn't an actual infraction, nrc was just testing the feature and didn't realize it sends me an e-mail when I get an infraction point.)

on that same idea - I'm really curious to see what this forum would be like with the Reputation system activated...... :D (doesn't mean I want it activated though)

coolhand
09-04-06, 03:14 PM
I like that arrow thing in thw quote were it shoots you to where the original post was.

I am trying to figure out the multi-quote thing, ooks interesting.

The best feature is the edit function that does not make you laod a new page.

nrc
09-04-06, 03:48 PM
The site seems to load very smoothly on this server comparing to another forum. But too smoothly. I smell traction control.

It's our engineering budget. ;)

Insomniac
09-04-06, 03:50 PM
Looks good Boss... I am on .net, never got forwarded to .org....

WB

Same here, never went to .org. A few years ago they changed how DNS propogates so it is much faster now. I'd guess that's why.

rabbit
09-04-06, 03:56 PM

You don't know what you're talking about, you ($&*#$& idiot!

/waits for infraction email

;) :gomer:

nissan gtp
09-04-06, 04:59 PM

yes, you too can be like Paul Tracy

probation time for you :rofl:

Spicoli
09-04-06, 05:09 PM

http://amranshriners.us/images/photos/hillbillies/Hillbillies2.jpg

not sure it means anything, but i just thought this foto looked good here. :gomer:

nrc
09-04-06, 05:09 PM
Same here, never went to .org. A few years ago they changed how DNS propogates so it is much faster now. I'd guess that's why.

It seems to be coming through pretty quickly most places but our ISP hasn't picked it up yet.

dando
09-04-06, 06:31 PM
Looks good, bosses. :thumbup:

You moved my cheese. :thumdown: ;)

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
09-04-06, 06:40 PM
http://amranshriners.us/images/photos/hillbillies/Hillbillies2.jpg

not sure it means anything, but i just thought this foto looked good here. :gomer:

Hobo! Hobos! Hoboes!

edit: Cool - we can still say Hobos. :)

Spicoli
09-04-06, 06:42 PM
Hobo! Hobos! Hoboes!

edit: Cool - we can still say Hobos. :)

but you cannot say homos.:laugh:

racer2c
09-04-06, 07:19 PM
I was having timeout issues with OC this past week but everything is silky now.:thumbup:

Ankf00
09-05-06, 12:49 AM
Norm: Wait, wait, wait. Sammy, will this change the price of beer?
Sam: No.
Norm: Then what do we care?

;)

:laugh: :thumbup:

on that same idea - I'm really curious to see what this forum would be like with the Reputation system activated...... (doesn't mean I want it activated though)oh god, don't want another episode of "who wants me to stay or go?,,," complete with poll... :gomer:

Ankf00
09-05-06, 10:39 AM
so from work, whereever there's an [img] tag, there's a :/ face in the URL of the image after the http:. The images aren't showing and so I'm assuming it's because of the smilie, can't seem to get rid of it through my personal options :confused: help!

nrc
09-05-06, 11:16 AM
so from work, whereever there's an [img] tag, there's a :/ face in the URL of the image after the http:. The images aren't showing and so I'm assuming it's because of the smilie, can't seem to get rid of it through my personal options :confused: help!

My bad. Bad choice of shortcuts for the :-/ smilie (same as the start of a URL). Fixed.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 11:19 AM
quick work, impressive. :thumbup: thanks :)

I suggest :-\ for the smilie if you're still looking for a work around, I think that's how it is on AIM & MSN...

WickerBill
09-05-06, 11:46 AM
Real smilies don't have noses

nrc
09-05-06, 12:14 PM
Good points. Compromised. :\

dando
09-05-06, 01:14 PM
:tony:

:thumbup:

-Kevin

mapguy
09-05-06, 03:49 PM
I haven't noticed any difference. Then again, I'm drunk....

nrc
09-05-06, 03:51 PM
Target audience: http://www.dictatuur.nl/images/uploads/CheckBox.jpg

Ankf00
09-05-06, 04:04 PM

2:49pm on a weekday, I'm impressed :D

Spicoli
09-05-06, 04:12 PM

that's awesome. please post some pics, or a link to your helmet cam. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
09-05-06, 04:15 PM
that's awesome. please post some pics, or a link to your helmet cam. :laugh:Becareful, he is probably not wearing any pants. :gomer:

Joelski
09-05-06, 04:36 PM
Patch must not have took; still looks crappy sometimes. :gomer:

Thanks for the new smileys too. Overall, I'm glad the donations went to a good cause!;)

racer2c
09-05-06, 04:38 PM
Never mind. Working now.

devilmaster
10-08-06, 02:35 AM
There is no chat link at the bottom of the page now. :p :D

Insomniac
10-13-06, 09:36 AM
There's an error in your styles (colon missing):

/** style for FAQ entries **/
.faqentry
{
width: 600px;
padding 10px;
}

Warlock!
10-13-06, 10:51 AM

/** style for FAQ entries **/
.faqentry
{
width: 600px;
padding 10px;
}
:\

That's just crazy talk. Now you're just makin' stuff up.

Insomniac
10-13-06, 06:20 PM
:\

That's just crazy talk. Now you're just makin' stuff up.

Might be the lack of sleep. ;)

nrc
10-13-06, 07:49 PM

Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it up sometime this evening.

nrc
10-13-06, 11:41 PM
Fixed! :thumbup:

Insomniac
10-14-06, 12:24 PM
Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it up sometime this evening.

Web developer toolbar told me. I swear I wasn't looking through the CSS for it!