PDA

View Full Version : Assen...

NismoZ
09-03-06, 12:36 PM
World Superbikes and raining like crazy but you can get a look at the new ChampCar venue on SPEED at...uh, now. Noon Eastern.

Tim
09-03-06, 01:21 PM
I've played it in video games before. Too many chicanes, not enough long straights.

NismoZ
09-03-06, 05:40 PM
Yeah, great motorcycle track. Oh well, at least it's a road course, looks safe and I hope the Dutch fans support a CC race. I hear if Doornbos doesn't get a regular F-1 ride (which isn't looking likely) Muermans is likely to bring him (and another) to ChampCar. That would ice it. (Over 100,000 tickets already sold for the A1GP race with ol' Jos.) Crikey, we could go to 4 Dutchman and no Mexicans in one season!

oddlycalm
09-03-06, 07:04 PM
Yeah, great motorcycle track. Better before the recent wholesale changes. As you say, at least it's a natural terrain course. The weather can be counted on for some surprises.

oc

Racing Truth
09-05-06, 05:40 PM
Better before the recent wholesale changes. As you say, at least it's a natural terrain course. The weather can be counted on for some surprises.

oc

Yeah, I'll take it. Any word/thought on what must be at least one more Europe venue?

Tifosi24
09-05-06, 07:28 PM
I am rooting for Estoril because I think it has the potential to put on a really good race. Donington Park would be another good choice if we are thinking of quality European road courses.

NismoZ
09-05-06, 10:13 PM
Oschersleben, Germany. Never heard of it. What's it like? What became of Morocco, Malta, Athens, Spa, Imola...:)

skaven
09-06-06, 01:44 AM
Oschersleben (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oschersleben)

In 2005, the circuit was re-named as Motorsport Arena Oschersleben because of an insolvency of the investors.

Sounds like a match made in heaven... :rofl:

Seriously, looks like a Road America (only flat without trees), what with the "campen" and such. 3.667 km and in the middle of nowhere - Saxony-Anhalt being the 10th most populous of the 16 German Bundeslander.