PDA

View Full Version : PCM

Sean O'Gorman
09-02-06, 03:06 PM
Brian Till just mentioned during the Grand-Am race that Pacific Coast is going to move to Champ Car next year with Figge and Dalziel.

theunions
09-02-06, 03:11 PM
Brian Till just mentioned during the Grand-Am race that Pacific Coast is going to move to Champ Car next year with Figge and Dalziel.

He said "word is," so I'm not certain that can be taken as gospel just yet.

Accipiter
09-02-06, 03:15 PM
Sounds like it's a plan, not a done deal. But good to hear guys like that planning Champ Car moves.

:thumbup:

NismoZ
09-02-06, 03:27 PM
26! :)

NismoZ
09-02-06, 03:33 PM
Dalziel in the lead for PCM ..."as they head to the Champcar World Series next year." That sounded a little more certain. :)

NismoZ
09-02-06, 03:43 PM
AR1 says it's confirmed. PCM will also continue in GA, driver lineup to be announced later...and announced by team from pits on TV. Nice. :)

Accipiter
09-02-06, 03:44 PM
Figge just confirmed it.

theunions
09-02-06, 03:48 PM
Cool (as Tadevic offers further confirmation while they fix the now-broken #89)...next question is will Playboy/Vonage/Palms follow them?

Opposite Lock
09-02-06, 03:57 PM
Figge just confirmed it.

Dalziel seems to have received the same memo.

RusH
09-02-06, 03:58 PM
I get the feeling 2007 is going to be a very good year :)

Who`s next?

theunions
09-02-06, 04:00 PM
Meanwhile, with Dalziel never having driven for PCM in Atlantics, Fogarty must be kicking himself...

Opposite Lock
09-02-06, 04:09 PM
Fogarty must be kicking himself...

I thought he hired Travis to do that.

:run:

Mark521
09-02-06, 04:13 PM
It's also on their website:

http://www.pacomo.com/

Pacific Coast Motorsports confirms Champ Car World Series and Grand American programs for 2007
pcmRACING
Ventura, California (September 02, 2006) – Pacific Coast Motorsports confirmed plans today that 2007 will see the Ventura-based team field a two car operation in the Champ Car World Series and a two car line-up in the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series.

America’s Alex Figge and Scotland’s Ryan Dalziel, currently teamed together driving the #89 Playboy/Vonage/Palms Pontiac Riley Daytona Prototype, will form the team’s driver line-up in the Champ Car World Series.

Delighted to continue its association in the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series next season, the team will be verifying at a later date the exact line-up of its sports car operation having competed in both the Daytona Prototype class and the GT division this season fielding the Pontiac Riley Daytona Prototype and Pontiac GTO.R respectively.

Tyler Tadevic, PCM Team Director, commented on the team’s 2007 expansion plans:

“We’re thrilled to be expanding our operations for next season into the Champ Car World Series and of course continuing our relationship with the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series. It’s an exciting time for the team and our partners and we look forward to making further announcements regarding these programs in the near future.”

PCM thanks all its team partners – Playboy, Vonage, Palms, General Motors, Ironclad, Uniden and Hasselgren Engineering.

pchall
09-02-06, 04:16 PM
Nice to hear some news during the long, long wait for RA. :)

So, is 22 still the limit for two 747 Cargos on flyaway dates? That press release about the proposed Assen race said they were promised at least 22 cars.

theunions
09-02-06, 04:19 PM
So, is 22 still the limit for two 747 Cargos on flyaway dates?

Dunno...how did they handle things when Surfers, etc. attracted 26+ car fields?

coolhand
09-02-06, 04:20 PM
There are not enough DP01s for the season opener to have more then 20. So this will happen around mid season I assume.

Rob
09-02-06, 04:24 PM
There are not enough DP01s for the season opener to have more then 20. So this will happen around mid season I assume.
Huh? They've got six months before the new season starts. If Swift managed to make 40 Atlantics cars in a few weeks, Panoz can certainly slap together more than 20 DP01s in half a year.

RHR_Fan
09-02-06, 04:34 PM
Yes!!!! I've always known Dalziel belonged in Champ Car and Figge has talent and is just a hoot. Definitely awesome news. :thumbup:

~Nicole

cameraman
09-02-06, 04:49 PM

And exactly when did Panoz post their production capacities and DP01 gant charts?

nrc
09-02-06, 04:49 PM
If the 20 number is correct (source?), doesn't it depend on who get's their deposit check in first?

Spicoli
09-02-06, 05:13 PM
http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/dancing.gif

coolhand
09-02-06, 05:14 PM
Guys when I say 20 cars on the grid that does not mean that it will be all that is produced.

Most of the well funded teams with take 4 cars. They will make close to 40, but that means about 20 will be on the grid at Vegas.

racer2c
09-02-06, 05:15 PM
Nice to hear some news during the long, long wait for RA. :)

So, is 22 still the limit for two 747 Cargos on flyaway dates? That press release about the proposed Assen race said they were promised at least 22 cars.

According to that playground that someone posted a link to the other day, CC will have 54 cars next year. I guess they'll need more aeroplanes. :)

extramundane
09-02-06, 05:21 PM
Not to be a party-pooper but PCM hasn't faired particularly well running 1 full-time car in 1 series since they left Atlantics. Running 4 cars in 2 series seems like a good way for them to overextend themselves in a hurry.

'Course, they'll probably still be the best team running both CC & Grand-Am. http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/propeller.gif

cameraman
09-02-06, 05:38 PM
Guys when I say 20 cars on the grid that does not mean that it will be all that is produced.

Most of the well funded teams with take 4 cars. They will make close to 40, but that means about 20 will be on the grid at Vegas. Somebody at CCWS has already said that all the teams will get their primary chassis before anybody gets their backups. Same deal they did with the Swifts.

coolhand
09-02-06, 05:46 PM
Somebody at CCWS has already said that all the teams will get their primary chassis before anybody gets their backups. Same deal they did with the Swifts.

whatever way they do it it will be only 20 cars at vegas

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 06:04 PM
Not to be a party-pooper but PCM hasn't faired particularly well running 1 full-time car in 1 series since they left Atlantics. Running 4 cars in 2 series seems like a good way for them to overextend themselves in a hurry.Two words: Alex Figge.

nrc
09-02-06, 06:48 PM
Two words: Alex Figge.
"Mr. Excitement"

oddlycalm
09-02-06, 08:08 PM
These are two drivers I'd like to see make it. :thumbup:

Details aside, we've all been through this and we know that not every team that intends to enter a series actually makes it, but we also know that the more potentials there out there working on it the better the chances are. It feels to me like we are finally starting to see the post-tobacco era start to pick up steam. It's been a huge adjustment, but hopefully it's unwinding to the positive side finally.

oc

emjaya
09-02-06, 09:09 PM
One more sign that Champ car is on the way up. :thumbup: :)

Fio1
09-03-06, 03:26 AM
Figge has enough money to go to F1 if he really wants to. i was actually surprised he didn't move up to Champcars after Atlantics instead of racing GT Corvettes in ALMS. Here's an idea on the family: http://www.figgeartmuseum.org/

He is a really nice, down to earth, guy by the way. A great addition to the CCWS paddock. :cool: :thumbup:

Insomniac
09-03-06, 12:13 PM

He means to reduce the cost of travel, they want to fill up a plane. If you can get 22 on 2 planes, anything over will mean needing a 3rd plane. If it isn't filled, the cost per team goes up. Not that only 22 cars can travel. :)

Insomniac
09-03-06, 12:16 PM
BTW--Great news. I was just thinking the other day there would probably "only" be 20 cars at most next year.

tifosi77
09-05-06, 08:44 PM
The promoter pays the freight costs to Surfers, plus it helped having a sponsorship/partnership with FedEx for much of that time.... ;)

Indy
09-06-06, 03:16 AM
Awesome, fantastic news.

Spicoli
11-23-06, 03:29 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2006/By800/20061122P_0004.jpg

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2006/By800/20061120P_0005.jpg

:thumbup:

ferrarigod
11-23-06, 03:51 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

who's lola's?

Spicoli
11-23-06, 03:53 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

who's lola's?

Gentilozii's rocketRentals.:D

Stooopid Mario's on the bottum.

SurfaceUnits
11-23-06, 04:54 PM
PACIFIC COAST MOTORSPORTS COMPLETES FIRST CHAMP CAR TEST

Oxnard, CA (November 22, 2006) - Champ Car's newest team, Pacific Coast Motorsports and their drivers, American Alex Figge and Scot Ryan Dalziel completed their first Champ Car test Tuesday at the Motorsports Ranch in Houston.

PCM, the 2004 Atlantic Champions competed in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) in 2005 and the Rolex Grand American Series in 2006 scoring podiums in each discipline with drivers Alex Figge and Ryan Dalziel. In preparation for their return to open wheel racing, PCM contracted Rocketsports, an existing team in the Champ Car World Series to provide the cars and crew for the test.

"Alex and Ryan have been driving much heavier prototype cars the past two years. We will take delivery of the new Panoz early next month, but until then, we wanted to give both drivers the opportunity to get used to the horsepower and the differences of the Champ Car prior to our limited testing with the 2007 Panoz," commented PCM President, Tyler Tadevic. "This will allow us to get right to work developing the new car. Rocketsports did a good job tutoring us on Monday and on Tuesday, our engineers, Burke Harrison (Figge) and Tim Lewis (Dalziel), took over. Both drivers completed well over 350 miles and their fastest laps were within two-tenths of a second of one another. There were a few spins and a couple of offs, but no damage to either car and we all learned a lot. As a new team, it is great for us to go into the Thanksgiving holiday already having completed our first Champ Car test, with both drivers confident and encouraged by their performance"

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11114