PDA

View Full Version : Dinger?

Spicoli
09-01-06, 10:14 AM
Testing NAZtruck this weekend? :saywhat:

(jayski)

TKGAngel
09-01-06, 10:40 AM
Sounds like something along a 'definite possibility of a firm maybe' for a race this year.

As I mentioned in the meltdown thread, PT's announcing his 07 NASCAR plans tonight on SpeedChannel's Trackside. For some reason, I see a discussion of the crazy Quebecois along with the announcement.

racer2c
09-01-06, 10:52 AM
I had a feeling that this would happen fairly soon.

What to think of a driver that talks up Champ Car saying that Champ Car is the only place to be knowing full weel that behind the scenes tin tops teams were being called. Worse than Dario IMO. Now, I'm not hanging AJ, only time will tell where he goes, but if he does leave CC for tin tops after all the things he's said about never wanting to race anywhere else...then ^^$* him and the horse he rode in on.

I hope this doesn't mean that these possible open seats bring more of the two face ex-CART old men over. :thumdown:

nrc
09-01-06, 11:36 AM
Standard negotiating tactic. How are you going to extract your real value from Forsythe unless you have options?

Jayblues
09-01-06, 11:42 AM
Standard negotiating tactic. How are you going to extract your real value from Forsythe unless you have options?

i agree and hope you are right

Easy
09-01-06, 01:37 PM
FAJ!! I hope he leaves now and never returns. I don't want any ex CART drivers either. I'll be much happier watching 20 mediocre ride buyers in the third fastest cars on Earth who really want to be in the series.

But fo rilla, CCWS races 14 times a year and has 2-3 open tests. Thats under 50 days a year, they should be doing extra-curricular activities.

Ed_Severson
09-01-06, 01:41 PM
I can't see AJ leaving anytime soon ... this seems to me like a guy who enjoys racing finding something to do on an off weekend.

I can think of few guys who have been more enthusiastic about Champ Car, and he just started winning in this series. He's got a lot left to accomplish. I think he'll be around for a while. :)

racer2c
09-01-06, 01:41 PM
FAJ!! I hope he leaves now and never returns. I don't want any ex CART drivers either. I'll be much happier watching 20 mediocre ride buyers in the third fastest cars on Earth who really want to be in the series.

But fo rilla, CCWS races 14 times a year and has 2-3 open tests. Thats under 50 days a year, they should be doing extra-curricular activities.

Maybe Cheeber will take his seat. he's just that good.:gomer:

Thanks for the math lesson. :gomer:

Champ Car = Where part time drivers race.

Racing Truth
09-01-06, 02:47 PM

Well, that, or Red Bull made him an offer (to Yoda Cup) he couldn't refuse.

Methinks he'll want a CC title 1st. Then, however...

Dirty Sanchez
09-01-06, 02:50 PM
^unpossible without traction control and a good patent attorney :gomer:

Lux Interior
09-02-06, 07:44 AM
Some people will go where the money is, and that is ok. Personally, if it were me I'd still stay in champcar as long as I was getting paid a decent amount. But, let's say I had an offer for three times the salary to go race somewhere else. It would hard not to take it.

Spicoli
09-02-06, 08:38 AM
Some people will go where the money is, and that is ok. Personally, if it were me I'd still stay in champcar as long as I was getting paid a decent amount. But, let's say I had an offer for three times the salary to go race somewhere else. It would hard not to take it.

Nah, really? :saywhat:

:gomer:

TKGAngel
09-02-06, 06:27 PM
More info from Jayski (http://www.jayski.com)

A.J. Allmendinger, presently the only American competing in the Champ Car World Series, had a Craftsman Truck Series test with Bill Davis Racing at Richmond this week, it was confirmed Friday. He reportedly did quite well. Allmendinger has won four Champ Car races for Forsythe Racing this season, but his options are apparently open for next year. When Allmendinger was let go by RuSport Racing in June prior to the Portland race, he put out feelers in several directions, then Forsythe hired him and he won three straight races, beginning with Portland.The opportunity to test with Bill Davis Racing was one of those options and it is possible Allmendinger might do some Truck or Busch races next season, in addition to continuing in Champ Car, a spokesperson for Allmendinger said Friday

Indy
09-06-06, 01:51 AM
:flame: No freaking NASCAR, AJ.