A new chassis on the track and everybody starts the death chant:

http://hometown.aol.com/bngsupers/images/asawin1.jpg

State of Supermod Racing Part III
courtesy Oswego Daily News
http://oswegodailynews.com/index.ph..._times_part_iii

These Uncertain Times, Part III
By: Chris Porter/Contributing Writer
Monday August 28 2006
Greg Furlong put the “Hawk” chassis on the map with his dominating performance in 2005. Fans and competitors alike didn’t know what to expect when it was announced what Pat Furlong, Jr. was fielding the previously unproven Joe Hawksby, Jr. creation. They only knew that it had Clyde Booth-like inspirations which was enough for them to envision the potential of what Greg could accomplish.

It didn’t take long before the chassis was not just seen as a threat on the track, but a threat to the track by Hawk naysayers. The same fate would’ve fallen on Booth’s No. 61 if it had been a weekly competitor, but the infrequency of Mike Ordway’s trips to Oswego’s racing facility was enough to quell the concerns of its restless weekly racers.

The arrival of Tim Snyder’s Hawk chassis was seen as both good and bad. It boosted the competition level, offering up a supposed equal that the No. 72 would have to overcome. But it was also seen as being the starting point where the rest of the field wasn’t just racing for Furlong’s leftovers, but Snyder’s too.

Hey, that looks like a 2008 Indycar to me!

Once upon a time more than three decades ago I had a dream (or was it a nightmare?) about getting into a car at Oswego and going out for the formation laps under the lights at sunset. The car was a Lotus 47... :eek:

DagoFast
09-01-06, 12:02 PM
Well thank god money and tech are still at a racetrack somewhere....

RichK
09-01-06, 12:40 PM
Hey, that looks like a 2008 Indycar to me!

I would pay to see 33 of those at Indy.

Those guys are complaining about the hot new chassis - but that happens in every series from the bottom to the top. It's part of racing.

Actually, it's humorous to listen to them complain about innovation in a "super modified" category!

pchall
09-01-06, 04:00 PM
Actually, it's humorous to listen to them complain about innovation in a "super modified" category!

That's part of the reason why I linked that. :)

I used to go to Oswego twice a year with my dad as we drove to and from long summers in New England and on the Cape. Funny how he always arranged the drive for an overnight stop where we could go to that track in the evening, less he could fit a champ car race at Trenton into the schedule. :)

Sean O'Gorman
09-01-06, 05:44 PM
Well thank god money and tech are still at a racetrack somewhere....

Money and tech at the race track suck, it takes away from the driver being the one who decides the outcome.

cameraman
09-01-06, 07:05 PM
Well then enjoy the races :shakehead

http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/PMX0405TW041-lg.jpg

DagoFast
09-01-06, 07:12 PM
Money and tech at the race track suck, it takes away from the driver being the one who decides the outcome.
:rofl: :rofl: You really believe that? :rofl: