PDA

View Full Version : Preparing the diehards for a short field?

pchall
04-14-03, 09:38 AM
IRL: 33 not so bad

Barnhart bristled at talk that next month's Indianapolis 500 participation list is expected to be one of the smallest in the event's 87-year history.

"There are three major open-wheel series in the world, and we have the largest field of cars that run on a consistent basis," he said. "Formula One has 20 (cars), CART has 18 and we have 24.

"How bad would it be to not start (the traditional) 33 cars in the 500 given our new car-and-engine specifications, the war (with Iraq), the economy and everyone in the world experiencing some form of downsizing?"

The 500 currently has 28 cars confirmed for participation. Up to eight more cars could be added if their teams get the funding.

From IRL Notes in the Star

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/3/035883-8033-036.html

mapguy
04-14-03, 09:47 AM
What a tool.

Hello Fred! If it wasn't for your boss's little tantrum you would have a full field and a bump day.

Now you have neither.

Thanks Toney!

sundaydriver
04-14-03, 09:50 AM
Brian Brainfart doesn't even know CCWS starts 19 cars every race so how is he to know how many cars will start the Indy 498. What a pud.

devilmaster
04-14-03, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
What a tool.

Don't you mean TEWL? :D

Cam. (From Columbus On Steves computer):saywhat:

Racewriter
04-14-03, 11:19 AM
43 cars will start the BIG race on Memorial Day weekend.

Incidentally, I'm wondering how many of those entries will be affected by the Motegi Crashfest...

pchall
04-14-03, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Incidentally, I'm wondering how many of those entries will be affected by the Motegi Crashfest...

The well-heeled teams with all the Yen from Honda and Toyota won't have problems. But the teams operating on US$ will be hoping for TBA.

DaveL
04-14-03, 01:23 PM

Maybe one day Lord Sagamore will decide he needs to save stock car racing. His followers will proclaim it a great victory when 34 cars show up for Daytona, and 32 for the 600.

Railbird
04-14-03, 02:00 PM
There are 34 engine packages, 33 starters won't be a problem.

Barnhart is just getting a little brittle after his pre-season boast of 30 cars at every race turned out to be a laugher.

10 chevys
8 hondas
16 toyotas

My biggest question is why in the world did Honda give the freakin' Raygun a power supply?

Hink
04-14-03, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
My biggest question is why in the world did Honda give the freakin' Raygun a power supply?

Impact testing? Just a guess.

RaceGrrl
04-14-03, 03:09 PM
What version of the vision are they on now?

pchall
04-14-03, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
What version of the vision are they on now?

Ask Napoleon, he assigns version numbers. The last I remember was 8.1

devilmaster
04-14-03, 04:23 PM

Watched rom 2nite last night in the hotel room cause Days Inn don't have speed. Anyways, Sarah said she wasn't sure if they could go to indy. After her accident she said she didn't have any 23's left.

So tony better pull out the pocketbook.

Thanks for saving open wheel racing, ya effin moron.

Steve

BlueStang
04-14-03, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Railbird

May have something to do with him running a G-Force....isn't he the only G/H/F right now? Might not be the best of reasons...

Blue

Napoleon
04-16-03, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Ask Napoleon, he assigns version numbers. The last I remember was 8.1

I think we are up to 8.3