PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Take Mario Long...

NismoZ
08-30-06, 08:45 PM
...to get outta town. He's already in Europe testing (or hoping to) with Team Mexico in A1GP. Autosport. He says he's talking to Rocketsports and PKV in CC as well about the Mexico City race.

Spicoli
08-30-06, 09:07 PM
...to get outta town. He's already in Europe testing (or hoping to) with Team Mexico in A1GP. Autosport. He says he's talking to Rocketsports and PKV in CC as well about the Mexico City race.

OK, I'm lost. He got fired by Coyne? or he's just walked away like we thought? and then who is a Coyne driver now? ______ Sperafico?

NismoZ
08-30-06, 09:25 PM
I guess Coyne didn't STOP him from going to look at A1. Can't even imagine what a Coyne "contract" must look like, given the musical chairs of the recent past. I guess Mario must be free to look for other rides based on his statements, but no mention was made of him being fired. Can Coyne even DO that!? He's either the first place drivers start in CC or the last place they go when KK doesn't want them to leave. All I know is Mario would get a lot more cash to drive for Team Mexico than to stay in ChampCar. I can certainly understand why he's unhappy.

Rob
08-30-06, 09:29 PM
Why on earth would he want to switch over to Rocketsports???

devilmaster
08-30-06, 09:46 PM

Gotta agree. Coyne has looked waay better than RS pretty much all year.

extramundane
08-30-06, 09:49 PM

He wants to show how committed he is to ChampCar. :gomer:

Indy
08-31-06, 01:57 AM
This is RHR-level bridge burning.

Just think, you get to the point that you are actually racing in Champ Car. My God, what a thrill, what a blessing in your life. Then, things go poorly, you take a step back, but you are still in the series, proving yourself, and then you decide that the thing to do is insult your team owner and not race in your home race, thus enraging the guys who own the series. Smart.

Ruben Barrios
08-31-06, 05:50 AM
Mario was frustrated, he battled all weekend with the transmission, his gears were broken... He tok the car to P7 and then a flawed pit made him lose ground again...

Frustration maily... He is thankful, but would like a more professional (with more resources) team...

extramundane
08-31-06, 09:15 AM
He is thankful, but would like a more professional (with more resources) team...

He had one and he blew it. I don't recall da Matta bitching and moaning about going to Coyne (although that might be preferable to PKV these days). Instead, he shut up and drove, did OK, and got a better ride out of it.

Spicoli
08-31-06, 09:33 AM
Mario was frustrated, he battled all weekend with the transmission, his gears were broken... He tok the car to P7 and then a flawed pit made him lose ground again...

Frustration maily... He is thankful, but would like a more professional (with more resources) team...

so what. all you've said is that he's a thumbsucking, bedwetting crybaby. :D

STFU and drive, Stoopid Mario.

Willam
08-31-06, 10:46 AM
The A1 ride was discussed as a posibility for MD by the team owners since their season ended.

Dr. Corkski
08-31-06, 12:29 PM
Frustration maily... He is thankful, but would like a more professional (with more resources) team...Not true. He was talking to Rocketsports. :gomer:

cameraman
08-31-06, 01:39 PM
Where is the information coming from?

Anyplace besides farking AR1 :flame:

Spicoli
08-31-06, 03:48 PM
rocketsports = http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/propeller.gif

extramundane
08-31-06, 04:15 PM
rocketsports = http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/propeller.gif

:rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
08-31-06, 06:00 PM
:laugh:

Stop making it so hard for me to hate you, Spic.

oddlycalm
09-01-06, 03:17 PM
Mario D's behavior makes more sense in the context of being passed over in favor of Dario for the Rusport seat. If he stays, he's going to be at the Rockesport/Coyne level for the rest of this season at a minimum.

oc

Willam
09-01-06, 04:06 PM
Where is the information coming from?

Anyplace besides farking AR1 :flame:

In most mexican papers and media that covers autoracing it has been discussed for quite a while now that MD was an option for the second A1 season. The mexican car didn't test on wednesday due to mechanical problems of some kind but they did test yesterday. 16th on practice 1 and 8th in practice 2. Mario Dominguez was the only driver for Team Mexico in this test.

http://www.a1gp.com/news/index.php?flashNavId=1&newsid=351

The statements about Coyne came from an interview in the mexican newspaper Reforma that was printed on Sunday. Here's the note in english:

'I will not race in Mexico City'
By Sandra Becerril

Warns Mario if he doesn't have a competitive car.

MONTREAL.- Mario Dominguez stated that if he doesn't have a competitive car he will not run in Champ Car's "Gran Premio de Mexico" this november.

Mario says he is thankful with Dayle Coyne for allowing him to have some continuity in the series, be he would rather sit out the closing race at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez before he is another observer at the back of the grid.

"If I have to race with Dale Coyne I will not race" said Dominguez, the only mexican that is currently in Champ Car. He starts today's race in Montreal from the 15th position.

"I'm not going to Mexico to be a back marker. I'm going to Mexico to have a good race in a good team. If it's with Dale Coyne I have decided I will not run. Not because I have something against him, but I will not be a back marker in Mexico"

Mario is in talks with some teams, some of them RuSPORT and Rocketsports, to find a seat in a car that will allow him to be competitive in Mexico City. All teams are asking him for sponsorship, something he does not have.

Can't tell you if the quotes are real or not, but that's what was printed on sunday (I'm a suscriber) can't give you a link to the note on their website because it's a pay suscription site.

cameraman
09-01-06, 04:14 PM
Is he going to be at Road America or Surfer's in the #19?

Has anyone said anything one way or the other?

Spicoli
09-01-06, 04:30 PM
what a ****ing baby. sounds like AGR. :gomer:

chop456
09-01-06, 04:42 PM
"I won't run."

So don't. Nobody GAF.

Ed_Severson
09-01-06, 04:55 PM
I like Mario, but he's apparently lost his mind. :saywhat:

First of all, if Dominguez thinks Rocketsports is going to put together a more competitive car for one race than he'll get from Coyne, with whom he's been running for half a season already, he's crazy.

Secondly, if Dominguez thinks RuSport is going to hire him to not advance the technical program of the team, which they fired A.J. Allmendinger for, he's crazy.

Thirdly, if Mario thinks this sort of posturing is going to make him any friends in the paddock and add to his appeal, he's crazy.

RacinM3
09-01-06, 04:56 PM
You know, some drivers would at least see this as a chance to take a complete POS car and do something special with it.

Apparently, he's not one of them.

Big surprise, considering how he's fared in 2006. :rolleyes:

Hameroids
09-04-06, 11:41 PM
F that guy. He had his shot.

pchall
09-05-06, 07:46 AM
Stoopid Mario. Just suck it up and run as hard and long at Mexico City as a Coynemobile will let you. Who knows, maybe Roger Penske will notice you and put you in Sam Hornish's IRL seat.

TKGAngel
09-05-06, 08:21 AM
How does he fit his helmet on with that ego? There are plenty of drivers who would be willing to get a shot with a CCWS team, and he's throwing it away because he's in a car that apparently he feels doesn't match his skills? Moron.

extramundane
09-05-06, 01:36 PM
How does he fit his helmet on with that ego? There are plenty of drivers who would be willing to get a shot with a CCWS team, and he's throwing it away because he's in a car that apparently he feels doesn't match his skills? Moron.

Well, it doesn't match his skills- it's clearly better than he is.

NismoZ
09-05-06, 02:40 PM
And, sort of related I guess...Michel Jourdain says Carl Haas hasn't returned his offer from a MONTH ago to drive for him in Mexico, so he also "refuses" to drive. Sure, when Graham Rahal might be "available"?:shakehead

Willam
09-06-06, 03:38 PM
It has been officially announced by the Mexican A1 team owners that MD will be the main driver for the upcoming season.

Spicoli
09-06-06, 04:23 PM
It has been officially announced by the Mexican A1 team owners that MD will be the main driver for the upcoming season.

Allsum. Go team go!:yuck:

TorontoWorker
09-07-06, 04:05 PM
Wow - what a tough room! Or is it tough love?:rofl: