PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone question

rabbit
08-30-06, 12:04 AM
I have an LG phone (no clue as to which model it is) through Verizon. I have always had good signal and good service. I recently moved into an apartment in Toledo for law school. I didn't bother getting a landline because 99 percent of my phone calls are to my wife and we get free cell-to-cell.

Here's my problem. I get little to no signal in my apartment. It goes from no signal to analog to roaming to weak signal and back again. It's basically useless. Outside of the building, it works fine. It is only in my apartment that it doesn't.

So... is there something I can buy, an external antenna or signal booster or something like that, that would help? I went into the Verizon store and the lady said I needed to reprogram my towers. :confused: She gave me some *288 number or something like that and told me to follow the steps. I did and it didn't do squat.

My fellow OCers have bailed me out countless times with their expertise on matters technological. I'm hoping y'all can come through again.

nrc
08-30-06, 12:30 AM
Are there any windows where you can hold the phone outside and get a decent signal? If so you can try one of these glass mount antennas.

http://www.cellantenna.com/Antennas/Glass%20Mount_products.htm

These used to be common on cars before there was a tower on every corner. I haven't tried them or this company.