PDA

View Full Version : What a tool!

Chiphead_Dave
08-29-06, 10:03 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/cart/news?slug=bm-observations_montreal082706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This neckar writer decided to pen up a few random thoughts about the
Montreal race....and keeps comparing it to them good old suthern boys.

Then he says that he thinks AJ should drive tin tops :rofl:

Remember this name: A.J. Allmendinger. An extraordinary name for an extraordinary driver. Hope he crosses over to NASCAR in the future.

Come on AJ belongs is an OW car you blathering idiot.

Every person I talked to – fans, hoteliers, cab drivers and local media – is excited about NASCAR coming to Montreal. I predict that the first year's race will set records for attendance.

Well I say let em have it.

racer2c
08-29-06, 10:16 AM
I don't know much about Canada, but I have read that they are crazy for NASCAR. So, with NASCAR's deep pockets and the Canadian's love of tin tops, the event probably will be a success. That is a real shame considering the strong Canadian driver presence in Champ Car. I hope they find an alternative venue and the fans vote with their ticket sales. Fight the NASCAR monopoly and shut paid shills like Lagualt down for good!

jonovision_man
08-29-06, 10:24 AM
I don't know much about Canada, but I have read that they are crazy for NASCAR.

I wouldn't go that far. It's got better ratings than any of the OW series (at least in English Canada) but that isn't really saying much. I haven't really seen anything that suggests it's all that popular really, it's not like in the U.S. with NASCAR everywhere.

So, with NASCAR's deep pockets and the Canadian's love of tin tops, the event probably will be a success. That is a real shame considering the strong Canadian driver presence in Champ Car. I hope they find an alternative venue and the fans vote with their ticket sales. Fight the NASCAR monopoly and shut paid shills like Lagualt down for good!

It'll do well I'm sure, but I still think Mosport would have been a better choice than Montreal for NASCAR.

jono

KLang
08-29-06, 10:32 AM
I read that article yesterday and thought it was mostly complimentary to Champ Car.

One only needs to attend a Champ Car event and talk to the players in the paddock to understand why this series isn't in a hurry to unify with the IRL.

Chiphead_Dave
08-29-06, 10:41 AM
I read that article yesterday and thought it was mostly complimentary to Champ Car.

Sometimes when I am complementing someone I am not really complementing
them.

pchall
08-29-06, 11:31 AM
Isn't "NASCAR writer" the definition of "tool"?

tifosi77
08-29-06, 11:58 AM
I agree, I thought it was an excellent piece. Imo, this is exactly the sort of 'crossover' media exposure that needs to be encouraged, not lambasted. I want NASCAR writers to talk positively about Champ Car drivers. I want them to say how great Champ Car is. I want them them say going to a Champ Car event is the dog's danglies.

devilmaster
08-29-06, 12:11 PM
Its Margolis.

And its one article that sounds nice to CC so bob can think he's a fair and balanced writer.

He used to be the chief IRL writer when yahoo was the internet partner with their version of RD.

was a :gomer: is a :gomer: will always be a :gomer:

racer2c
08-29-06, 12:12 PM
Its Margolis.

And its one article that sounds nice to CC so bob can think he's a fair and balanced writer.

He used to be the chief IRL writer when yahoo was the internet partner with their version of RD.

was a :gomer: is a :gomer: will always be a :gomer:

:thumbup:

TKGAngel
08-29-06, 12:31 PM
I kind of thought it was a complementary article to CC. Sure there were a few shots about the not being able to race in the rain (they do, but not if driver's safety is at stake - why does the media not understand) and ill-fated attempts to go to Europe and overseas.

With NASCAR though, cant wait to see Goober and Gomer have a conversation with Pierre and Jean Phillipe [/end stereotyping]

RacinM3
08-29-06, 03:53 PM
I stopped reading here:

So much for the common wisdom that open wheel racers still can race in the rain.

:rolleyes:

"Neither snow nor rain not heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" is NOT part of Champ Car's nor any other open wheel series' mission statements.

grungex
08-29-06, 03:57 PM
Especially after he opened with this:

Champ Car officials did their best to get the race going, but they very quickly made the smart decision and stopped the race after just six laps.
Methinks he can't have it both ways. Typical...

mueber
08-29-06, 04:16 PM
I like the article.

pressdog
08-29-06, 04:40 PM
Dude, that's about as posistive as it's going to get for Champ Car from the guy who regularly covers NASCAR. It's great pub for the CCWS.

pferrf1
08-30-06, 03:40 PM
I don't know much about Canada, but I have read that they are crazy for NASCAR. So, with NASCAR's deep pockets and the Canadian's love of tin tops, the event probably will be a success. That is a real shame considering the strong Canadian driver presence in Champ Car. I hope they find an alternative venue and the fans vote with their ticket sales. Fight the NASCAR monopoly and shut paid shills like Lagualt down for good!

NASCAr gets approx 4 to 5 times the ratings that CCWS does. Primarily, however, the demographic it appeals to is similar to the US demo. Mainly rural, blue collar, etc.

Nascar is wasting its time in Montreal. I predict they will evetually race in Ontario at an oval one day. Not too far off either...