PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch this?

mapguy
04-14-03, 08:06 AM
Watching the first replay of Lavin's accident TK mentioned that Lavin was "In way over his head".

:thumbup: TK :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
04-14-03, 09:43 AM
I heard him say that. I was thinking the same thing. Isn't Lavin 3 for 3 in the DNF catagory this year?

Hardpoint
04-14-03, 10:04 AM
I heard it and agree 100%.

JoeBob
04-14-03, 11:13 AM
Yep! After a pit stop (and just before he crashed) Varsha said something about Lavin "having trouble getting up to speed on cold tires." TK added, "He has trouble getting up to speed on hot tires!"

:rofl:

Kate
04-14-03, 12:37 PM
On the other hand, isn't Boy Wonder Bourdais two for three in the DNF department?

Don't read too much into something like that.

P.S. TK said a lot of things this weekend that I personally found to be rather indiscreet/impolitic for an on-air announcer to be saying. Is he trying to get fired or just trying to see if anybody's paying attention?

Wheel-Nut
04-14-03, 12:53 PM
Sure Bourdais doesn't have a great finishing record but he has been lightening quick where Lavin has been sa-loooooooow! It's one thing to crash pushing the car beyond its limits it's another thing to crash from just being slow and not being able to get a grip on the hp and torque.

Bourdais and Lavin are in two different classes!

RaceGrrl
04-14-03, 12:59 PM
TK is always impolitic. There are many such references in his race commentary. I know because I've hit replay on Tivo to hear them over and over again. :D

Dr. Corkski
04-14-03, 01:08 PM
I was at Long Beach Saturday and noticed that Lavin could barely control his car. What's worse was that Lavin inability to drive anything with more horsepower than a cab also cost Moreno his race. CART should give him the Shiggy treatment. The wanker has no business in CART.

TK is just calling it like it is. :thumbup:

eric1
04-14-03, 01:32 PM
I like TK to be outspoken thats what he's there for. Bourdais' time will come, I still think he will win a race this year.:D

Ziggy
04-14-03, 10:09 PM
Put a real driver in that Lavin car. Have a contest, put a fan in that car! (it could'nt be much worse)

Ziggy

cartmanoz
04-15-03, 07:38 AM
Lavin took out Moreno. 'Nuff said!:flame:

Hardpoint
04-15-03, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Put a real driver in that Lavin car. Have a contest, put a fan in that car! (it could'nt be much worse)

Ziggy

LOL!!! They could give it to the 1000th shopper at Gigante.

chop456
04-15-03, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by GoBucks
LOL!!! They could give it to the 1000th shopper at Gigante.

Or anyone who could drink a bottle of Corona without gagging.

Rus'L
04-15-03, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
I was at Long Beach Saturday and noticed that Lavin could barely control his car. What's worse was that Lavin inability to drive anything with more horsepower than a cab also cost Moreno his race. CART should give him the Shiggy treatment. The wanker has no business in CART.

Is it time for a Rodolfo Lavin scorecard...?