PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber meltdown thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

FTG
08-30-06, 06:36 PM
NHR Traction control.

http://www.upr.com/images_products/L_4678.jpg

SB was spinning and sliding more than anyone in the rain. Either he lost his talent for one day, or NH's decision not to run a "full rain set up" indicates that suspension set up has some effect over traction.

tifosi77
08-30-06, 06:38 PM
I've now been invited to return to the thread over at CCF. For some odd reason, I don't feel compelled to accept the invitation. I'll say one other thing, and then drop the matter altogether ...

Although I can be causticly sarcastic at times, I do my best to treat people with at least the same level of respect they show me. While some people at other locations on the internet obviously don't understand that approach, you guys have always made it easy. I'm just happy that there's at least one Champ Car website out there where nobody loses sight of the fact that we're all here for the same reason.

In short, you guys are awesome, and there's no place like home. :thumbup:
That place can be great fun at times, but it's populated with an awful lot of self-important windbags who take it as a matter of personal crusadery (?) to fix Champ Car, and it'sthat site does have a large population of Champ Car insiders. Granted, CC would not be on the rebound without dedicated fans like that, but that does not confer any sort of power to shape the management and operation of the series in return.

There are some people over there who talk about the perception that NHR gets preferential treatment and this and that and how it harms the series' credibility.... then go on to suggest an outside body should be brought in to effectively conduct an audit of Tech!

And you don't have too look hard to see that it basically falls down into two camps: PT fans vs. everybody else. Okay, that's not 100% accurate, but it's close enough to be representative.

Once - just once - I would like the cries of foul play to emanate from the mouths of a participant in the series. As it is, it seems like it's mostly PT fanboys who are having a hard time accepting that perhaps, maybe, a team/driver package is better than The Chrome Horn.

Every sport has them...... You know the type: The obnoxious wankers who think winning and getting their way is their birthright cos, BY GOD, they support X and X is the greatest ever!!! They make the people who support X without being all chumpy look bad by association, even tho they may be genuinely reasonable people. In football, it's Cowboys or Raiders fans. In baseball, it's Yankees fans. In hockey (oh, blessed hockey!) it's Maple Leafs fans. In general, it's sports fans from Philadelphia. But it appears in Champ Car, it is Paul Tracy fans.

Cam
08-30-06, 07:08 PM
:eek: I need a shower! CCF/CW has now officially become as bad as TF. Probably worse. What an embarrassment. Ed I hope you point the PTB to here where the civil fan posts.

Hell, we even screw up a good meltdown! ;)

cameraman
08-30-06, 07:55 PM
That place is an embarrassment to anyone who care about racing.

coolhand
08-30-06, 08:10 PM
PT has been faster since Dinger arrived. He also changed to left foot braking after Dinger arrived, based on Dinger's data. It says to me that PT was telling the truth. He and Mario were running different set ups, now they're running very similar set ups and the team has gotten faster.

yeah ok :saywhat:

coolhand
08-30-06, 08:11 PM
SB was spinning and sliding more than anyone in the rain. Either he lost his talent for one day, or NH's decision not to run a "full rain set up" indicates that suspension set up has some effect over traction.

I am going out on a limb that set-up does indeed have an effect over traction

coolhand
08-30-06, 08:13 PM
Every sport has them...... You know the type: The obnoxious wankers who think winning and getting their way is their birthright cos, BY GOD, they support X and X is the greatest ever!!! They make the people who support X without being all chumpy look bad by association, even tho they may be genuinely reasonable people. In football, it's Cowboys or Raiders fans. In baseball, it's Yankees fans. In hockey (oh, blessed hockey!) it's Maple Leafs fans. In general, it's sports fans from Philadelphia. But it appears in Champ Car, it is Paul Tracy fans.

That sounds about right, the PT fans are the Raider fans of racing.

Spicoli
08-30-06, 09:04 PM
That sounds about right, the PT fans are the Raider fans of racing.

that wasn't nice. http://www.freewebby.com/angry-smilies/gonnagetit.gif

tifosi77
08-30-06, 09:13 PM
PT has been faster since Dinger arrived. He also changed to left foot braking after Dinger arrived, based on Dinger's data. It says to me that PT was telling the truth. He and Mario were running different set ups, now they're running very similar set ups and the team has gotten faster.

The difference is that 'the team' was not necessarily slow all year. Just PTs side.

Allmendinger came in and won first time out in what was essentially Mario Dominguez's car and setup (in a race where PT was literally miles off the pace and being passed by Speedy Dan), and MD himself won a pole and nearly won a race earlier in the season in Houston.

Ed_Severson
08-30-06, 09:14 PM
crusadery (?)

Not really a word, but maybe it should be! :D

Indy
08-31-06, 02:17 AM
Blame me for that thread. :gomer:

Really, I am going back and forth over the "cheating" issue, usually depending on who has bent my ear most recently. I do not see anyone here on this forum who is an insider and espousing the N-H traction control theories, but they do exist, and they make some compelling arguments. But, I am also swayed by what Ed and others say, so I just do not know enough to be sure.

I do think, however, that what we do know is that there is significant grumbling over the issue, and not only among internet geeks like myself. It would be fascinating to see Champ Car crack down on all the teams and see who is caught red handed and how it changes the competitive makeup of the series. I suspect, however, that with only a few Lola races left, no one is going to risk his position to prove a lame duck point.

By the way, did you see "Craig H" stick his nose in there? Priceless.

Ruben Barrios
08-31-06, 05:29 AM
The thing Indy is that there where a lot of accusations thrown, not proven and yet beleived because there is a sick need to bash anyhting Bordais over there.

Like I stated in that aftermentioned thread... as a technician, it's all bollocs... yet the admins, seem to think the new guy onboard is the next coming of the lord...

chop456
08-31-06, 05:53 AM
Some attention-deprived coattail riders get defensive when their meal tick...uh...favorite driver is made to look like a hack.

I prefer to stick to name calling rather than unsubstantiated rumor-mongering. :p

Does anyone here think that Forsythe wouldn't go after NHR if there was the slightest indication that any of this nonsense was true? :rofl:

I wish I could legally force certain people to go slam their head in a door.

Insomniac
08-31-06, 09:28 AM

He didn't mean faster than AJ. Just faster than before AJ showed up.

Spicoli
08-31-06, 09:31 AM
Some attention-deprived coattail riders get defensive when their meal tick...uh...favorite driver is made to look like a hack.

I prefer to stick to name calling rather than unsubstantiated rumor-mongering. :p

Does anyone here think that Forsythe wouldn't go after NHR if there was the slightest indication that any of this nonsense was true? :rofl:

I wish I could legally force certain people to go slam their head in a door.

Gerry is a mother ****er. he would sue your daddy for looking at his drink the wrong way.

personal opinion: N/H doesn;t cheat, I just don;t like them. They are babies from Hampsen to SeaBass to Blinky. But I'm glad they are around. someone to hate in place of Gan******* & Rahole.

(But, I do have tremendous respect for PLN, as we all should)

[//bloggie}

:gomer:

Ankf00
08-31-06, 11:23 AM
I do think, however, that what we do know is that there is significant grumbling over the issue, and not only among internet geeks like myself. Actually, all anyone has seen is grumbling from fanboys. Well that and the usual claim of "many important people are concerned,,,"

Also, with all the people over there who want to compare degrees, sorry, I'll take Ed's knowledge over theirs.

I prefer to stick to name calling rather than unsubstantiated rumor-mongering. I know, coming up with "FaFu" was so much more entertaining than trying to photoshop photos of FaFu with transvestites like Eddie Murphy :D

Dr. Corkski
08-31-06, 12:34 PM
Amazing how a forum of nobodies here can survive without the presence of the great Paul Gentilozzi.

racer2c
08-31-06, 01:00 PM
I'm jumping in this issue very late in the game so please forgive me, but I'd just like to say that I think we should nominate "FaFu" as the official PT moniker.

Thank you. :)

TKGAngel
08-31-06, 01:18 PM
I'm jumping in this issue very late in the game so please forgive me, but I'd just like to say that I think we should nominate "FaFu" as the official PT moniker.

Thank you. :)

Speaking of FaFu (sounds like something a 90 year old lady would name one of her 27 cats), he's going to be on Speed's Trackside Live! tomorrow, making an announcement about his Busch plans.

Insomniac
08-31-06, 01:31 PM
Ed I hope you point the PTB to here where the civil fan posts.

I may be in the minority here, and I'm not trying to say who should and shouldn't post here, but if insiders do come here to post, I'm fairly certain the type of people that annoy most elsewhere will come here too. I'd also guess a lot of people would "act" differently and start kissing up/defending/siding/rooting for whoever came here to post.

Insomniac
08-31-06, 01:32 PM
Speaking of FaFu (sounds like something a 90 year old lady would name one of her 27 cats), he's going to be on Speed's Trackside Live! tomorrow, making an announcement about his Busch plans.

:saywhat: I thought he re-upped with FCR for 5 years. Can't see how he'd have much of a plan for Busch besides a few one-offs.

tifosi77
08-31-06, 01:38 PM
I may be in the minority here, and I'm not trying to say who should and shouldn't post here, but if insiders do come here to post, I'm fairly certain the type of people that annoy most elsewhere will come here too. I'd also guess a lot of people would "act" differently and start kissing up/defending/siding/rooting for whoever came here to post.
Look at the way the crapheads flipflopped on Nelson P when he started showing up. He was a whipping boy until he made a few posts, now he's the favorite son.

Altho I did get a PM from one of the insiders that addressed my speculation on a proposed new race venue that is interested in Champ Car. Not ashamed to admit, that made me feel kinda cool. :D

Dr. Corkski
08-31-06, 01:52 PM
I may be in the minority here, and I'm not trying to say who should and shouldn't post here, but if insiders do come here to post, I'm fairly certain the type of people that annoy most elsewhere will come here too. I'd also guess a lot of people would "act" differently and start kissing up/defending/siding/rooting for whoever came here to post.Nobody would defend Eric Jensen's Champ Car "effort" at LB last year just because he posted at a forum.

Would they?

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 01:53 PM
I do think, however, that what we do know is that there is significant grumbling over the issue, and not only among internet geeks like myself.

Actually, all anyone has seen is grumbling from fanboys. Well that and the usual claim of "many important people are concerned,,,"

I think these two statements get to the core of the matter.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody that has expressed any suspicion over this at the other website which shall remain nameless is in any way afilliated with one of the teams or with Champ Car. If I'm wrong about that and there are team employees claiming that Newman/Haas is cheating, then they need to quit whining about it on the internet and bring their case to us, or drop it altogether. We do a good bit of policing on our own, but the paddock can and should be self-policing as well. If any of the teams have a solid case, then they should bring it to us rather than anonymously cry about it on the internets. As far as I'm aware, that hasn't happened yet.

And no matter how much I love the fans (and I do, regardless of what some of them may think), there are two sources of information that I'll trust over them any day of the week -- the data, and any team member who's willing to file a complaint and attach his name to it. If neither of those sources indicates a problem, then there's no justification for any action beyond what would be considered normal.

The funniest part about that thread is that for all the complaining going on, nobody has asked for any action at all that isn't already standard procedure, other than bringing in an outside group to conduct technical inspection, which is about the worst scenario imaginable for everybody involved. I think we're pretty transparent in the way we conduct our inspections, but there is confidential data involved, so no matter what lengths the fans want us to go to in order to demonstrate our good faith effort to enforce the rules, there will always come a point where we can do no more, and the fans will have to take us at our word. Evidently a few people don't realize that.

Ankf00
08-31-06, 02:06 PM
I'd also guess a lot of people would "act" differently and start kissing up/defending/siding/rooting for whoever came here to post.

FOCC episode was classic. :laugh:

Cam
08-31-06, 02:08 PM

I wasn't suggesting they promote OC as a playground for the PTB. My thought was that when they shut down the "official" CC forums, they suggested "other" places for fans to get thier forum fix. OC was not one of them.

By that I am also not asking that they send traffic here. I just feel that if, having seen the antics elsewhere, they should be shown that there is a CC forum where civility prevails. :)

Dirty Sanchez
08-31-06, 02:17 PM
be careful ed. marissa might wish for you to die like she did that old lady in ireland... :laugh:

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 02:19 PM
be careful ed. marissa might wish for you to die like she did that old lady in ireland... :laugh:

I must not be cool enough ... I don't know what the hell you're talking about. :p

Dirty Sanchez
08-31-06, 02:21 PM
I'll PM the story to you.

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 02:36 PM
Dude, your mailbox is full. How am I supposed to keep up our secret snickerings if you don't clean your mailbox? :p

Dirty Sanchez
08-31-06, 02:37 PM
rectified :gomer:

RaceGrrl
08-31-06, 03:20 PM
I wasn't suggesting they promote OC as a playground for the PTB. My thought was that when they shut down the "official" CC forums, they suggested "other" places for fans to get thier forum fix. OC was not one of them.

By that I am also not asking that they send traffic here. I just feel that if, having seen the antics elsewhere, they should be shown that there is a CC forum where civility prevails. :)

OffCamber has never been about who you are or who you know. We don't want to be a site for ChampCar cheerleaders so we weren't unhappy that OffCamber wasn't listed as an "other" place to post. I would be surprised if the PTB didn't know about OC. Maybe they know and chose not to list us so they could have at least one public site to go to for informed discussion of CCWS. :)

Spicoli
08-31-06, 03:24 PM
I must not be cool enough ... I don't know what the hell you're talking about. :p

You don;t know the half of it. And be glad you don't. :shakehead

And the correct terminology is "douching" your mailbox.

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 03:26 PM
And the correct terminology is "douching" your mailbox.

I'll make a note of that in my Internet Survival Handbook. :thumbup:

[Totally unrelated "douche" reference]Sat across the room from some dork with a Vision Racing jacket on at lunch today.[/Totally unrelated "douche" reference]

jonovision_man
08-31-06, 03:37 PM
We don't want to be a site for ChampCar cheerleaders so we weren't unhappy that OffCamber wasn't listed as an "other" place to post.

Right on. :) I've always appreciated the posters here, opinions are far more in tune with reality rather than just mindless rah rah rah. People actually know stuff. Novel concept, really. :D

jono

RHR_Fan
08-31-06, 03:50 PM
Right on. :) I've always appreciated the posters here, opinions are far more in tune with reality rather than just mindless rah rah rah. People actually know stuff. Novel concept, really. :D

jono

Agree with you. For a more civil discussion, here is the place to be. Why do you think most of my postings over there aren't in the CC forum? Besides, it's more fun to argue with Cork, Ankf and SO. ;)

~Nicole

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 04:18 PM
Not that you guys care, but I just wanted everyone to know that thanks to my recent rise in popularity around here, I just had to douche my Inbox. :p

Spicoli
08-31-06, 04:25 PM
Not that you guys care, but I just wanted everyone to know that thanks to my recent rise in popularity around here, I just had to douche my Inbox. :p

I doouche daily.

but most of it is hate mail, or gay Pr0n from ank.

racer2c
08-31-06, 04:26 PM
I got a PM once. It was fun. :)

RaceGrrl
08-31-06, 04:43 PM
Some people get PMs on a regular basis. :)

Cam
08-31-06, 04:43 PM
I doouche daily.

but most of it is hate mail, or gay Pr0n from ank.

Or invites to come out for a beer and watch a race with a few fellow race fans. :gomer:

G.
08-31-06, 05:52 PM
Or invites to come out for a beer and watch a race with a few fellow race fans. :gomer:Ha Ha!

I believe the hate mail and geh pr0n, but not the invites.

You funny guy, you!

Sean O'Gorman
08-31-06, 05:58 PM
Some people get PMs on a regular basis. :)

But only one person at OC has gotten a points infraction before. :D

nrc
08-31-06, 06:17 PM
But only one person at OC has gotten a points infraction before. :D
How do you know?

Ankf00
08-31-06, 06:25 PM
I'll make a note of that in my Internet Survival Handbook. :thumbup:

[Totally unrelated "douche" reference]Sat across the room from some dork with a Vision Racing jacket on at lunch today.[/Totally unrelated "douche" reference]
In statics 3rd sem, I was always behind some douche with a speedgear Pensketard earl shirt with the car silhouette on the back, complete with dildo extension performance package protuding from the rear.

Ankf00
08-31-06, 06:28 PM
and the college football fans here are better. :thumbup:

even if they do repeatedly deny the Olympus-like glory that is Godzillatron :mad:

Insomniac
08-31-06, 06:50 PM
I got a PM once. It was fun. :)

Hehe, I got a couple, and one was from you. ;)

racer2c
08-31-06, 07:50 PM
Hehe, I got a couple, and one was from you. ;)

One big happy family. ;)

Group hug.

Cam
08-31-06, 08:15 PM
One big happy family. ;)

Group hug.

Good grief! We are supposed to be having a meltdown here! You bastiges could F up an orgy in a brothel!

Thread hijaak complete. ;)

racer2c
08-31-06, 08:47 PM
Good grief! We are supposed to be having a meltdown here! You bastiges could F up an orgy in a brothel!

Thread hijaak complete. ;)

Sorry, how about this; I can't f'n believe that it was a timed event when it wasn't even on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heads should roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

Cam
08-31-06, 09:12 PM
Sorry, how about this; I can't f'n believe that it was a timed event when it wasn't even on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heads should roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

That works! ;) :laugh:

tifosi77
08-31-06, 09:13 PM
Y'all owe it to yourselves to check out the resolution to that 'traction control' thread Over There.

:rofl:

Ruben Barrios
08-31-06, 09:21 PM
Thread closed before; Meesh, Paper, Nickalot and all the other people "in the know" who lambasted Ed, Tifossi and myself formally apologized for being so condescending...

Maybe those insiders are not that inside after all...

racer2c
08-31-06, 09:22 PM
Y'all owe it to yourselves to check out the resolution to that 'traction control' thread Over There.

Cool, Gentozzzi has his own forum.

We have Spicoli. :)

We win. :D

Wait a sec, if N/H isn't cheainting then how come they win so much? :gomer:

Cam
08-31-06, 09:24 PM

Paperwagon once again turns into a papertiger. :shakehead What a waste of bandwidth.

Ruben Barrios
08-31-06, 09:29 PM
Well MrG. himself shut PT's entourage down. mama's tea party were very desicively called dummies.... LOL

They remind me of Craig and Ariana... LOL

coolhand
08-31-06, 09:49 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Will they ban PG for making Paper and the rest of the knownothings look like a ****ing Dolts. That just made my day.

extramundane
08-31-06, 10:06 PM
So...has a "OffCamber Moron Threads" thread been started yet?

Ed_Severson
08-31-06, 10:30 PM
Thread closed before; Meesh, Paper, Nickalot and all the other people "in the know" who lambasted Ed, Tifossi and myself formally apologized for being so condescending...

Quite alright with me. I require no apology from anyone. I'm satisfied with the knowledge that they'll all go to bed tonight having wasted a bunch of energy trying to knock us down for telling them the truth.

My only regret is getting in that snakepit in the first place to crawl around with them for a few hours. I should have paid that thread exactly the amount of attention it deserved -- zero. Going forward, that's my policy with the whole lot of them. If they want someone to address their "concerns" they're going to have to look elsewhere.

nrc
08-31-06, 10:53 PM
I should have paid that thread exactly the amount of attention it deserved -- zero.
Hear, hear, well spoken, Bruce. So that's quite enough about someone else's meltdown, this is supposed to be our meltdown. :cry:

Ruben Barrios
08-31-06, 10:58 PM
Good time to choose a new home I guess....

extremists on both sides tend to gravitate to either trackforum, or to the fanatics paperforum...

chop456
08-31-06, 11:11 PM

World class bitchslap.

If this whole ugly episode doesn't end with someone losing a hard card, there is no justice. To bring shame upon the series like that and still be allowed to slither about is unacceptable. :shakehead

Opposite Lock
08-31-06, 11:52 PM
Good grief!

Hey, hey, I think we should tone down the salty sailor language. Young Longman still posts here.
:)

rabbit
08-31-06, 11:52 PM
So that's quite enough about someone else's meltdown, this is supposed to be our meltdown. :cry:
So are you looking for, like, a collective meltdown? Or just individual members? Because I'm not quite sure I'm up to it if it's the latter. Sorry.

rabbit
08-31-06, 11:54 PM

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/pwn3d-44295.jpg

Cam
09-01-06, 12:26 AM
So are you looking for, like, a collective meltdown? Or just individual members? Because I'm not quite sure I'm up to it if it's the latter. Sorry.

I was gonna post some smart *** response to that But I don't think I can top what you did John! :rofl:

Cam
09-01-06, 12:30 AM
Hey, hey, I think we should tone down the salty sailor language. Young Longman still posts here.

Sorry Trevor... :(

;)

G.
09-01-06, 01:13 AM
Good time to choose a new home I guess....

extremists on both sides tend to gravitate to either trackforum, or to the fanatics paperforum...
Like I said 2 weeks ago:

I swear, CCF is getting to be WORSE than TF. I'm not kidding. If you discount the usual suspects at TF, you can almost see some nearly balanced discussion. No, I haven't been drinking.

(I cannot put ENOUGH weight to the comment about discounting the usual suspects!)

TF pisses me off, but CCF lowers my IQ. I don't have any more room to go down, dammit!

Of course, you might need a "cooling off period" or some deprogramming.

As a welcome, would you be so kind as to place these electrodes on your forehead, that's right, one on each side. Now, bite down on this mouthpiece, and pay no attention to the white light. This may hurt a bit...

:p

ferrarigod
09-01-06, 01:45 AM
even if they do repeatedly deny the Olympus-like glory that is Godzillatron :mad:

We all know its huge, we just hope you aren't trying to compensate for your inequities :gomer:

devilmaster
09-01-06, 02:04 AM
Hey, hey, I think we should tone down the salty sailor language.

Ummmm, but.........

;)

Insomniac
09-01-06, 07:47 AM
Continuing the meltdown, I think it's obvious PG is covering for N-H because they're going to hook him up with shocks/traction control. When Pastorelli is a second faster a lap, we'll all know why.

rabbit
09-01-06, 08:09 AM
Continuing the meltdown, I think it's obvious PG is covering for N-H because they're going to hook him up with shocks/traction control. When Pastorelli is a second faster a lap, we'll all know why.

KLang
09-01-06, 09:19 AM

:laugh: I'm surprised someone didn't step in and squash that rumor earlier.

Ankf00
09-01-06, 11:21 AM
:rofl: wow. so what's the over/under on when the mob goes on their next rampage?

RHR_Fan
09-01-06, 11:22 AM

Hey I've put up with you guys for years and I'm not corrupt! ;)

~Nicole

devilmaster
09-01-06, 11:27 AM
Hey I've put up with you guys for years and I'm not corrupt!

Its called the Stockholm Syndrome. :D

G.
09-01-06, 01:02 PM
:laugh: I'm surprised someone didn't step in and squash that rumor earlier.If I had caught it earlier, I would've asked Mr. Gentillozzi why CART/CC ALLOWED TC in the near past because, to paraphrase, "Everyone is using it and it's too hard to police".

You know, just to keep the topic going. As a service.

I'm a Giver that way.

tifosi77
09-01-06, 01:16 PM

Maybe those insiders are not that inside after all...
The really funny thing about it all was that I was not questioning weather or not NHR were running T/C. But Commaman got all snarked off with me for not reading what he said.

The thread was closed down before I got my reply posted, but what I wanted to say was that it was not what paper said that caused me problems.... it was what he didn't say. Namely, just what exactly NHR were supposedly doing. All I wanted him to do was share the details his engineer son illuminated for him as backup for his accusation. That new guy, nickalot, posted some very interesting stuff and contributed more detail in his very first post on the subject than paper has done in two weeks of dodging.

The best part about this is that paper said it was ignition-based, but the new guy says it is not ignition-based, but a futz in the diff and clutch. So they can't even figure it out amongst themselves.

:shakehead

Ed_Severson
09-01-06, 01:22 PM
The best part about this is that paper said it was ignition-based, but the new guy says it is not ignition-based, but a futz in the diff and clutch. So they can't even figure it out amongst themselves.

:shakehead

The other big discrepancy is that Comma Sr. claims that he alerted Champ Car/Cosworth to the problem in Houston. Comma Jr., on the other hand, claimed that it was in Cleveland.

You'd think they could at least agree on the details before they share their fantasies with anyone else. :gomer:

chop456
09-01-06, 01:32 PM
TCommaman got all snarked off with me for not reading what he said.

What did he expect? You need an Enigma machine for that nonsense.

Dr. Corkski
09-01-06, 01:34 PM
The other big discrepancy is that Comma Sr. claims that he alerted Champ Car/Cosworth to the problem in Houston. Comma Jr., on the other hand, claimed that it was in Cleveland. He can travel back in time.

tifosi77
09-01-06, 01:49 PM
The other big discrepancy is that Comma Sr. claims that he alerted Champ Car/Cosworth to the problem in Houston. Comma Jr., on the other hand, claimed that it was in Cleveland.

You'd think they could at least agree on the details before they share their fantasies with anyone else. :gomer:
Crikey, I hadn't even picked up on that.

So do you think they are pappa and junior?

G.
09-01-06, 01:58 PM
He can travel back in time.In post 340, someone throws down the ol' flux capacitor accusation.

You're onto something!

Or on something.

'sall good.

nrc
09-01-06, 01:58 PM
If I had caught it earlier, I would've asked Mr. Gentillozzi why CART/CC ALLOWED TC in the near past because, to paraphrase, "Everyone is using it and it's too hard to police".

You know, just to keep the topic going. As a service.

I'm a Giver that way.

It's a heck of a lot harder to police with three different manufacturers and limited access to the engines and software compared to one engine manufacturer with no motivation to cheat and complete access to all the engines, telemetry, and software.

G.
09-01-06, 02:07 PM
It's a heck of a lot harder to police with three different manufacturers and limited access to the engines and software compared to one engine manufacturer with no motivation to cheat and complete access to all the engines, telemetry, and software.

1). The question was meant to be posted somewhere else, not here.

2). THIS IS A G@&D@NM MELTDOWN THREAD!!! :flame: GET YOUR LOGIC AND THOUGHTFUL ANALYSIS BACK INTO THE SLIMEPIT YOU CRAWLED OUT OF!

3). No meltdown thread is complete without someone wizzing off the Boss and risking a vacation.

;) :p ;) <<<<<----- is this enough to keep me around a bit longer??

KLang
09-01-06, 02:40 PM
That new guy, nickalot, posted some very interesting stuff and contributed more detail in his very first post on the subject than paper has done in two weeks of dodging.

Why do you believe he is an insider as he claims? Too darn many newly minted 'insiders' in that thread to be believable IMO.

I normally stay away from the paper bashing but he started that whole mess. I wonder if he'll be called on it?

Ankf00
09-01-06, 02:55 PM
but he started that whole mess.
S.O.P.

Say Chop, how much are you going to pay me for my Enigma? :D

Insomniac
09-01-06, 02:59 PM

Ank collects **** memorabilia! That's something to have a meltdown over. :P

Edit--First time something I typed was censored. Funny it was that word.

chop456
09-01-06, 03:57 PM
S.O.P.

You're assuming I care what's being said. :gomer:

Ed_Severson
09-01-06, 03:58 PM
So do you think they are pappa and junior?

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think so.

tifosi77
09-01-06, 05:20 PM
Why do you believe he is an insider as he claims? Too darn many newly minted 'insiders' in that thread to be believable IMO.
Until proven one way or the other I have no reason for doubting anyone's claims. But I take everything I read online with a grain of salt, especially wrt this 'insider' talk, and apply a healthy dose of common sense before running thru my personal BS meter. Plus he said a few things I know to be true that, afaik, aren't exactly secrets but neither are they what you'd call common knowledge. Then again, there were a few factual things that I don't think he was right about.

Regardless, I don't know enough on the tech side of what he was saying to be able to call shenanigans on him if I wanted to! ;)

(BTW, I am not an 'insider' now, altho I was on the periphery of the series a few years ago and currently have a few friends that very much are insiders. But I respect those relationships and do not pimp them for scuttlebutt.)

Ankf00
09-01-06, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't swear to it, but I think so.
squared.

Opposite Lock
09-01-06, 08:55 PM
Ank collects **** memorabilia! That's something to have a meltdown over. :P

Edit--First time something I typed was censored. Funny it was that word.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/5783/antifasouthparkfy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

greenie
09-01-06, 11:07 PM
If this whole ugly episode doesn't end with someone losing a hard card, there is no justice. To bring shame upon the series like that and still be allowed to slither about is unacceptable. :shakehead

Not only the series - impugning Mr. Newman who "fiercely" has been a CART/Champ Car supporter and a gentleman all the while is flat shameful.

greenie
09-01-06, 11:09 PM
He can travel back in time.

You crack me up Corkski! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

greenie
09-01-06, 11:17 PM
All I wanted him to do was share the details his engineer son illuminated for him as backup for his accusation.

His engineer son is busy plotting with Tag Fan's science teacher and the patent attorney to solve all remaining issues everywhere. :gomer:

JT265
09-01-06, 11:46 PM
In defense of Ed, and thinking about some of the old internetS wars of a few years ago...

Anyone that would offer to spool up the old Yugo on a cold wintry Indiana night and drive to Atlanta to perform emergency (and much needed) dental work on Silva >>>>>WHAT DO YOU MEAN, SILVA? DO YOU THINK I'M SILVA!!!! THAT'S RICH!!!!<<<<<<< is far and away okay in my book. :thumbup:

On topic..... all of you (except Spikkkly) can sod off!!!! :thumdown:

<whatever the hell sod off means> :laugh:

Cam
09-02-06, 07:47 AM
In defense of Ed, and thinking about some of the old internetS wars of a few years ago...

Anyone that would offer to spool up the old Yugo on a cold wintry Indiana night and drive to Atlanta to perform emergency (and much needed) dental work on Silva >>>>>WHAT DO YOU MEAN, SILVA? DO YOU THINK I'M SILVA!!!! THAT'S RICH!!!!<<<<<<< is far and away okay in my book. :thumbup:

On topic..... all of you (except Spikkkly) can sod off!!!! :thumdown:

<whatever the hell sod off means> :laugh:

Don't recall that little epithet... Care to share? :saywhat:

Spicoli
09-02-06, 08:31 AM
Don't recall that little epithet... Care to share? :saywhat:

Uh, yeah. No F-in clue on that one. :saywhat:

But I'm just kinda pissed I can't "sod off" with the rest of ya. :D

JT265
09-02-06, 10:11 AM
Uh, yeah. No F-in clue on that one. :saywhat:

But I'm just kinda pissed I can't "sod off" with the rest of ya. :D

Trust me Spic, you don't wanna sod off. On the other hand, I know you, so maybe you do. :laugh:

IIRC, back on 7th whatever a few years ago, Silva was being, well, Silva, the deal got heated up and Ed offered to drive to Atlanta to fill Silva in properly. Addresses were exchanged and I think maybe Ed was thinking seriously about making the trip to clue in the fool. Great sport.

But remember, like you, I'm really old so it may have been nothing more than Ank yanking on Corky's chain some. :laugh: