PDA

View Full Version : Well, Well, Well...IRL

NismoZ
08-27-06, 08:09 PM
Per Robin Miller from Sonoma on Speed: NOT a merger update, but CC/IRL double headers in '07, all on road courses? Huh.

coolhand
08-27-06, 08:23 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/31819/

nrc
08-27-06, 08:34 PM
"We discussed the possibility of running a couple events together but I'm not real optimistic at this point."

Don Quixote
08-27-06, 09:58 PM
I can't see the irl racing on the same track on the same weekend. Their hapless cars would look like the minor leagues. :laugh:

matthole
08-27-06, 10:07 PM
When this was first brought up awhile back, i thought it would be a great way to have a serious parking lot brawl with some earl fans.

Then I realized that there aren't any, just a few lunatics that never leave their computers. Too bad, they should get the full earl experience of an ambulance ride to the trauma center. :gomer:

Fio1
08-27-06, 11:50 PM
NO WAY! CCWS is not going to be a support series of the IRL. Heck no! :thumdown:

Andrew Longman
08-28-06, 08:44 AM
Dumb idea. What would be the point?

CC gets to run at a largely empty St Pete (though a good track) and the IRL gets to run LB?

Agree with KK. Not optimistic. Not even something I would look forward to. Won't help with a merger. I can see Clark's motivation to get Honda in front of the LB crowd, but why would Mario think this is a good idea?

KLang
08-28-06, 09:27 AM
but why would Mario think this is a good idea?

He doesn't want Marco to run in a series that is mostly ovals?