PDA

View Full Version : ABC - Always Bad Coverage.

mapguy
04-14-03, 08:05 AM
Watched the tantrum series run at Montegi. What a complete joke ABS is. How can anyone butcher a tape delayed race is beyond me.

But the worst thing was listening to Scott Goodyear. He has gotten worse, not better. He has done the impossible. He made paul Page somewhat tolerable.

cart7
04-14-03, 09:03 AM
Tracy's helmet cam gave better video than what ABC is using at IRL races. They must get the double emergency backup cams to shoot those races. Camera's probably used during the first Nixon-Kennedy debates.

pchall
04-14-03, 10:02 AM
The Iraq War cutaway with the presidential two step dance demonstration and statement was pretty cheesey. All that news and footage was hours old already.

Hurling Frootmig
04-14-03, 09:17 PM
Watching part of that race made me remember just how glad I am that Paul Page does not do CART. I was impressed with his comment about too many trips to the infield medical center. That took guts.

BlueStang
04-14-03, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Watched the tantrum series run at Montegi. What a complete joke ABS is. How can anyone butcher a tape delayed race is beyond me.

Well, I didn't think CBS did a great job with the Miami CART race last year. I felt like they took what was actually a good street race and made it look less so, but at least it didn't have the hours-old "Breaking-News" cut in to deal with.

Something else that made me mad about ABC...they cut parts of the race out, just to get it to fit in. Last year, they let a taped World Cup match between two countries that were not the US, Canada, or Mexico, go over, without cutting any of the slow parts out (of which there were many). That pushed back the start of the IRL Pike's Peak race, which, in turn, they had to leave early in order to get the National News on in time. ABC is awful.

They probably lost a few more viewers to NASCAR, which went on, uninterrupted, on FOX.

Blue

DaveL
04-14-03, 10:05 PM
[jerry seinfeld]

That's too bad.

[/jerry seinfeld]

Hardpoint
04-15-03, 08:51 AM
The race was not even on in Dayton.

AHHHHH, the good old days!!!

Thank God for Speed.