PDA

View Full Version : Red flag for rain...

jonovision_man
08-27-06, 02:08 PM
Man... too bad! Lots of build-up for this race thanks to all the PT stuff, could have been a classic.

Will NBC stick with the race if it resumes? What about Global (Canada)? They're using the NBC feed this year, hope that doesn't mean it gets cut short when the American coverage does.

jono

Rob
08-27-06, 02:17 PM
Will NBC stick with the race if it resumes?
Golf follows the race, so in a word, hell no. I guess that's two words.

Maybe they'll slide it over to MSNBC, but if not, the Speed rebroadcast is Wednesday, September 6 at noon. That's so far away, we'll forget all about the results in the meantime.

NismoZ
08-27-06, 02:35 PM
The red flag should have been displayed when PT took to the track in that wrestling get up. Might have been worse than Lil' Al in the Dracula suit. CC TV has been replaying so many wrecks and fights in it's "promotion" of the series I find it difficult to criticize Danicamentia anymore. Hopefully we're past both.

Opposite Lock
08-27-06, 02:42 PM
The red flag should have been displayed when PT took to the track in that wrestling get up. Might have been worse than Lil' Al in the Dracula suit. CC TV has been replaying so many wrecks and fights in it's "promotion" of the series I find it difficult to criticize Danicamentia anymore. Hopefully we're past both.

Hey, while you're up on that high horse, can you tell if there's any blue sky beyond those rain clouds?
:gomer:

jonovision_man
08-27-06, 02:43 PM

You must be joking! This is the most compelling storyline in ChampCar in years, play it for all it's worth. The press in Montreal were eating it up with a side of poutine. :D

jono

Cam
08-27-06, 02:46 PM
:cry: Pizzing down still! Doubt they will get this one in. :(

Gangrel
08-27-06, 02:52 PM
Stopped for rain? I didn't realize they were running an oval this weekend... :gomer:

CART License
08-27-06, 02:57 PM
Stopped for rain? I didn't realize they were running an oval this weekend... :gomer:

Let me take you back to Surfers Paradise, Qld Australia... Just ask Jimmy

Sean O'Gorman
08-27-06, 02:58 PM
Isn't there a way to make these cars more rain friendly, as far as trails are concerned? Something involving temporary fenders over the rear wheels or anything like that?

Cam
08-27-06, 03:03 PM
Let me take you back to Surfers Paradise, Qld Australia... Just ask Jimmy

Brazil '03 too...

dando
08-27-06, 03:13 PM
:cry: Pizzing down still! Doubt they will get this one in. :(
The Burlington, VT radar doesn't look good for the TV window. My guess is that this ends up being like RA in '02 or '03, which was finished after TV coverage ended. :(

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=cxx&product=N0V&overlay=11101111&loop=no

-Kevin

rosawendel
08-27-06, 03:16 PM
stupid cleveland channel 3.

Sean O'Gorman
08-27-06, 03:20 PM
You don't have cable?

Fio1
08-27-06, 03:35 PM
Done deal with TV. now what?

devilmaster
08-27-06, 03:35 PM
Global is now showing something else. They didn't stay with the race.

KLang
08-27-06, 03:38 PM
Champ Car gave up the last half hour of coverage so maybe NBC will come through on another channel.

devilmaster
08-27-06, 03:40 PM
Free video link on CC's website

KLang
08-27-06, 03:43 PM
Free video link on CC's website

Grrrr. I haven't been able to get their streaming video to work from home this year at all. Something has changed from last year and my satellite connection just won't stay connected.

Cam
08-27-06, 03:46 PM
Whatching RD right now I still don't see this happening! :cry:

pkvracing12
08-27-06, 03:58 PM
Hey I am channel surfing and on espn the earl wreck fest is on if your bored turn it on that :gomer:

nrc
08-27-06, 04:00 PM

That's silly. The events on the track were completely real. Nobody is hyping them into something they're not. They're just promoting the very real rivalry on the track. Tracy is just having fun with his detractors like he always has (whineritus, applesauce, etc). It's not false hype entirely based on a fuel strategy move in one race.

Wally
08-27-06, 04:12 PM
So is the track available Monday..... is it today or not at all? I see Atlantics are pooched too.
Options....?

jonovision_man
08-27-06, 04:20 PM
So is the track available Monday..... is it today or not at all? I see Atlantics are pooched too.
Options....?

Should go Monday I'd imagine. It's not like Surfer's where they had to open up the public roads, the Montreal track is around a park.

jono

nrc
08-27-06, 06:40 PM
BTW, hats off to everyone on the grid for getting in a clean start under terrible conditions. :thumbup: