PDA

View Full Version : Poor, Poor Mario...

NismoZ
08-27-06, 01:18 PM
Refuses to race in front of his home people "looking like a fool in an uncomprtitive car" Reforma/AR1...as opposed to looking like a fool in another country, running into other people with a competitive car? :rolleyes: Say goodby to Mexico CC? He'll probably grab pole in the Mexico City Busch race.

coolhand
08-27-06, 01:45 PM
I remember back in 2003 when the Mexico presence was huge in this series, now it will be totally gone by the end of the year.

pferrf1
08-28-06, 08:30 AM
And that is a huge problem.....

Willam
08-28-06, 09:16 AM
If he doesn't want to race here then don't. Put David Martinez in. He's well known here and I'd bet more people would support him than MD.

tifosi77
08-28-06, 02:24 PM
Refuses to race in front of his home people "looking like a fool in an uncomprtitive car" Reforma/AR1...as opposed to looking like a fool in another country, running into other people with a competitive car? :rolleyes: Say goodby to Mexico CC? He'll probably grab pole in the Mexico City Busch race.
But looking like a fool in a competitive car is acceptible?

;)

Dr. Corkski
08-28-06, 02:28 PM
But looking like a fool in a competitive car is acceptible?

;)Yes.

Signed,

Paul Tracy

Easy
08-28-06, 02:43 PM
He'll probably grab pole in the Mexico City Busch race.

Yes, but who will qualify P1?

Wally
08-28-06, 02:48 PM
Yes.

Signed,

Paul Tracy

Let it go Dude...... :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
08-28-06, 02:59 PM
Yes, but who will qualify P1? Don't be hatin'. :gomer:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/malibu_s_most_wanted/_group_photos/jamie_kennedy11.jpg

tifosi77
08-29-06, 02:50 PM
I say 'Mail' you say 'bu'!!! :D

cameraman
08-29-06, 02:55 PM
When & where did he say this? Is there a link?

Spicoli
08-29-06, 02:59 PM

Yes.

cameraman
08-29-06, 03:08 PM
Yes.

Thank you ever so much.

rabbit
08-29-06, 03:13 PM
Yes.

Signed,

Paul Tracy
:rofl:

KLang
08-29-06, 03:36 PM

Mexican media via AR1.

I guess Mario better go out and hustle up a sponsor before the Mexico City race.

pressdog
08-29-06, 04:42 PM
If he doesn't want to race here then don't. Put David Martinez in. He's well known here and I'd bet more people would support him than MD.
Agreed. Probably a few people out there who would gladly take over the ride.

Spicoli
08-29-06, 04:52 PM
Mexican media via AR1. .

Oh. Ok then.

http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/bonk.gif

grungex
08-29-06, 05:03 PM
Five bucks says he'll be there in a Coyne car...

Ruben Barrios
08-29-06, 09:54 PM
I hope has the nuts to not limp around in a crappy car.... By not having Mario participate you'll see how attendance declines...

We (mexicans) are sick and tired of the way things have been managed... If the three amigos think (as most around forums seemingly do) that just by putting a mexican in a car -to parade around the track- we (the mexican fans) will cheer and bring in the money... they have another thing coming...

Mario was fired from a competitive ride because of politics and we are well aware of that.

Just put the shoe on the other foot... had PT been fired and taken to Edmonton to "parade" around in a Coyne car... (PT would probably sign with NASCAR in a heartbeat.. forget about loyalty)...

So yeah we stand behind him.. if he chooses not to race... we (fans) will choose not to attend...

FanofMario
08-29-06, 10:30 PM
Yes.

Signed,

Paul Tracy

:thumbup: :rofl:

Spicoli
08-29-06, 10:37 PM
I hope has the nuts to not limp around in a crappy car.... By not having Mario participate you'll see how attendance declines...

We (mexicans) are sick and tired of the way things have been managed... If the three amigos think (as most around forums seemingly do) that just by putting a mexican in a car -to parade around the track- we (the mexican fans) will cheer and bring in the money... they have another thing coming...

Mario was fired from a competitive ride because of politics and we are well aware of that.

Just put the shoe on the other foot... had PT been fired and taken to Edmonton to "parade" around in a Coyne car... (PT would probably sign with NASCAR in a heartbeat.. forget about loyalty)...

So yeah we stand behind him.. if he chooses not to race... we (fans) will choose not to attend...

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gif

nrc
08-29-06, 11:10 PM
It would be a shame if Mexican racing fans can't appreciate the series unless the owners pay for their countrymen to race.

Ed_Severson
08-29-06, 11:17 PM
It would be a shame if Mexican racing fans can't appreciate the series unless the owners pay for their countrymen to race.

It certainly would be, but there were folks here who had the exact same attitude when Allmendinger was fired. So please, let's not turn this into a bash-the-Mexican-fans thread ... some of the American fans are just as guilty of this attitude.

nrc
08-29-06, 11:52 PM
It certainly would be, but there were folks here who had the exact same attitude when Allmendinger was fired. So please, let's not turn this into a bash-the-Mexican-fans thread ... some of the American fans are just as guilty of this attitude.A.J. is a huge talent who proved himself at every level and who did nothing to deserve his firing. Dominguez never really deserved the Forsythe ride to begin with and proved time and again that a faster car only allowed him to hit things harder. If the nationalities were reversed I'd be backing A.J. Allmendinguez.

redmist
08-30-06, 01:27 AM
"We (mexicans) are sick and tired of the way things have been managed... If the three amigos think (as most around forums seemingly do) that just by putting a mexican in a car -to parade around the track- we (the mexican fans) will cheer and bring in the money... they have another thing coming..."

the busch series does it and the mexicans seemed ok with it.

Indy
08-30-06, 02:32 AM
Nationalism is always ugly. I respect you, Ruben, but that sort of threat just makes people want to call your bluff on principle.

How do I feel about Montreal? Good riddance. Either support your race or watch it go away. If the fans are that fickle, CC needs to move on. The same goes for either Mexico race.

Ruben Barrios
08-30-06, 12:48 PM
^^ I agree with you... if fans don't show up let the venue go... On the same line of thought... How many more venues will have to be let go before the owners realize fans are not stupid? How many real track will have to be swapped for street circuits?

Where is that winning formula that got Champcar all the fans it has?

You guys do remember the formula right?

1/3 Ovals
1/3 Street Courses
1/3 Tracks

Several Countries

Canada
Brazil
Australia
UK
Germany
Japan
Mexico

Where is that?

Now there is:

70% Street Courses
30% Tracks
No Ovals
No Japan
NO Germany
No UK
No Brazil

will Mexico slip away as well?

Is the casual fan more important?

Don't get me wrong, I love Champcar, but if the series keeps on being dilluted... What then will separate Champcar from IRL or form other series?

If the casual fan is more important (not that I don't think revenue is important), and Champcar becomes a rolling three tent circus... Then where is the "purity" everyone claims to look for?

Do we just stay in the ship just becuase we go on it in the first place?

Or...

Do we send a clear message to the owners on what we (the fans) want?