PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

jonovision_man
08-27-06, 11:40 AM
What an excellent race... :thumbup: :thumbup:

The battle for 2nd was awesome, Schuey vs Alonso, championship on the line, and Fred got 'er dun. :) Battles throughout the mid-field all race.

Tilke - can't say enough about the track he designed in Turkey, it's absolutely stunning. Elevation changes, complex corners, lots of passing two years in a row. :thumbup: Just a great circuit.

jono

RusH
08-27-06, 12:58 PM
IsTANbuL RuLz!

How about the second place finish?...FTG must be pissed :gomer:

RTKar
08-27-06, 12:59 PM
Definitely worth waking up for. It's the best dry race I've seen in quite awhile. Always cool to see a first time winner and showing some true emotion too.

Dr. Corkski
08-27-06, 02:52 PM
MASSAMANIA!!111ONE1!!!

cameraman
08-27-06, 02:55 PM
Tilke - can't say enough about the track he designed in Turkey, it's absolutely stunning. Elevation changes, complex corners, lots of passing two years in a row. :thumbup: Just a great circuit.

jono

For a guy that has created so many soulless boring tracks, he sure got that one right.

TrueBrit
08-27-06, 03:57 PM
Fantastic race! What a track, my goodness!

Somehow I managed to miss the race last year so this was my first viewing of it, turn 8 looks breathtaking but my favourite has to be the camera angle that showed in the foreground the cars cresting a rise whilst in the background you could see cars tearing up the hill in the other direction...

Great stuff all round!!!

oddlycalm
08-27-06, 04:48 PM
Agreed, Tilke got one right. Good race today. Well contested from 2nd back. Nice for Massa to finally get a taste.

oc

eiregosod
08-27-06, 08:59 PM
Tilke got lucky with all the elevation changes he could play around with :gomer:

Great track, great race.!

Insomniac
08-28-06, 02:41 PM
Some good racing in the middle of the pack.

:thumbup: Alonso. Didn't put a wheel wrong all day and took advantage of the SC pit situation.
:thumdown: Shumacher. Threw away P2 going off in Turn 8. Down by 12 with 4 to go instead of 8. Brain fade may've cost him the championship.